• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Young BZ

12 Aug. 2019
Chaska, USA
Hello everyone!

Location: Brazil, Manaus (somewhere in the middle of Amazon Rainforest)
Male/Female: M
Languages: Portuguese, English
Favorite bands: I love black metal bands like MGLA, Batushka, Uada... But I also like all kinds of extreme metal.
Wacken: 2020 edition is gonna be my first. I went to Europe for the first time this year, for Hellfest (France) and Resurrection Fest (Spain).

Oh, I'm going to travel alone to Wacken, like I did this year to HF and Resu. So I hope I can make many friends to meet on the Holy Ground :D

Welcome Yuri. Won't be hard to find friends. I ran into a ton of your fellow countrymen at Wacken and in Hamburg.

7 Jan. 2020
Hey guys,

I'm Marek, Polish-born and living in UK. I'm a big prog rock/metal fan. Really anything from Yes, Pink Floyd, through Rush, Riverside, Opeth and to heavier stuff like Tool and Dream Theatre.

Wish to see any of them on Wacken, but as long I see the line up - not this year ;-)

My newest discovery is Romanian classic prog rock band Transsylvania Phoenix. Awesome hidden gem! Anyone heard about them?

9 Jan. 2020
Northern Ireland
Greetings from Northern Ireland!
Not much I don't like in terms of metal.
You'll find me front and centre plastered in corpse paint, headbanging to black metal, and throwing back a horn of mead and singing along to some folk the next hour.
According to my spotify top songs 2019, my main tastes the past year have been Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Alestorm, Rotting Christ, Eluveite, Turisas and Heilung...

Been going to wacken on and off since 2007. Had to stop for a few years when the wife had two kids, but finally escaped last year to winter nights, then made it back to the holy land last summer, and counting down the days util winter nights again next month!

I work as a software engineer, and my hobbies range from motorcycling to blacksmithing, and a bit of everything in between.
Hope to make the pilgrimage on the bike some year soon. Will be an interesting journey home to be sure.

perfectmansions

W:O:A Metalmaster
28 Okt. 2014
Staffordshire, England
Greetings from Northern Ireland!
Not much I don't like in terms of metal.
You'll find me front and centre plastered in corpse paint, headbanging to black metal, and throwing back a horn of mead and singing along to some folk the next hour.
According to my spotify top songs 2019, my main tastes the past year have been Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Alestorm, Rotting Christ, Eluveite, Turisas and Heilung...

Been going to wacken on and off since 2007. Had to stop for a few years when the wife had two kids, but finally escaped last year to winter nights, then made it back to the holy land last summer, and counting down the days util winter nights again next month!

I work as a software engineer, and my hobbies range from motorcycling to blacksmithing, and a bit of everything in between.
Hope to make the pilgrimage on the bike some year soon. Will be an interesting journey home to be sure.

Welcome to the forum mate :D

There are lots of Alestorm fans around here, we are crazy for that stuff :D

9 Jan. 2020
Northern Ireland
No better tunes to drunkenly sing along to!
Last year we joined a camp of around 50 (mostly from Germany, so we were well sorted with beer, music, and all the luxuries you can't bring on plane), and were blasting out fucked with an anchor round the clock.
Couldn't believe they drew a bigger crowd than Judas Priest at bloodstock the previous year.

Barely left the campsite... oh well, it's about the craic, not the bands, right? :D

I know their current bassist from school days. Quite funny seeing him on those huge stages

perfectmansions

28 Okt. 2014
Staffordshire, England
No better tunes to drunkenly sing along to!
Last year we joined a camp of around 50 (mostly from Germany, so we were well sorted with beer, music, and all the luxuries you can't bring on plane), and were blasting out fucked with an anchor round the clock.
Couldn't believe they drew a bigger crowd than Judas Priest at bloodstock the previous year.

Barely left the campsite... oh well, it's about the craic, not the bands, right? :D

I know their current bassist from school days. Quite funny seeing him on those huge stages

I have lots of good memories of 'Alestorm activities'. When we went to MetalDays in Slovenia, we were blowing up these inflatable rafts while playing 'Man the Pumps'.

Judas Priest are awesome naturally and as you said Behemoth are godlike \m/

perfectmansions

28 Okt. 2014
Staffordshire, England
Hey guys,

I'm Marek, Polish-born and living in UK. I'm a big prog rock/metal fan. Really anything from Yes, Pink Floyd, through Rush, Riverside, Opeth and to heavier stuff like Tool and Dream Theatre.

Wish to see any of them on Wacken, but as long I see the line up - not this year ;-)

My newest discovery is Romanian classic prog rock band Transsylvania Phoenix. Awesome hidden gem! Anyone heard about them?

Welcome to the forum! The only Opeth album I own is the first one, and I really like the style of that album. Rock on \m/

Reaktionen: Ryan Stroud

perfectmansions

28 Okt. 2014
Staffordshire, England
Hey chaosmongers!
I'm an 45 yr old Canadian W.O.A virgin. 2020 will be my first! so go easy on me. any advice you can give me would be cool Do's & Don't's.. Cheers

Welcome to the forum! Wacken is great, you can get away with almost anything. We always have the camp with the flag 'Commitment to Excellence' :D

9 Jan. 2020
Northern Ireland
Hey chaosmongers!
I'm an 45 yr old Canadian W.O.A virgin. 2020 will be my first! so go easy on me. any advice you can give me would be cool Do's & Don't's.. Cheers
Welcome!
Do drink plenty of beer (important to stay hydrated), and don't sober in the morning... beer for breakfast and keep the hangover at bay :D

It's one huge, week long party... so get stuck in and enjoy yourself! Everyone is in good form and friendly, so don't be shy if you're wandering about alone at any point... just start chatting, and you'll be roped into game of flunkyballs or headbanging along with a new group of mates in no time!
:cheers:

9 Jan. 2020
Northern Ireland
is there drink or wrist bands to purchase ? so you don't have to have cash on you if not what does beer and food run you $$
There are plenty of ATMs across the site, so if you don't want to carry lots of cash, you can withdraw some as you need it.
Prices are sensible enough for a festival that size.

Cant actually remember what it was last year as i just handed over notes and came home with a load of change :D

Also, for the campsite, you can buy beer from kaufland at normal supermarket prices... They'll probably publish a price list and stock list closer to the time

Reaktionen: Ryan Stroud

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
There are plenty of ATMs across the site, so if you don't want to carry lots of cash, you can withdraw some as you need it.
Prices are sensible enough for a festival that size.

Cant actually remember what it was last year as i just handed over notes and came home with a load of change :D

Also, for the campsite, you can buy beer from kaufland at normal supermarket prices... They'll probably publish a price list and stock list closer to the time
Or you go to the local Edeka supermarket in town. Not a big one, but normal prices as well. Whatever you prefer!
Just for info. There's deposit in cans in Germany. €0.25 per can! So... you can collect them, and either return them, or spend them to the Wacken Foundation.