• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thank you! It sure is, we don't even see the sun from november till mid january :p No wonder it's the cradle of black metal.
Yeah I guess, but the caravan camping spots are all sold out, last time I checked. Unless they have an area less luxurious for the slackers who don't reserve a spot?

you can bring the caravan to the normal campgrounds, you just wont have electricity.

acryd

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Aug. 2016
HH
I belive you might be a little late for that.
iam pretty sure there are some ppl offering space on their farm for campers etc.. but you might not be the only person, and the good spots will be gone by word of mouth over the years, and iam pretty sure ppl arrange a spot way in advance.
So just drive to the campground take a normal spot, your camper might survive some days on batteries, and if not, the chance you have a neighbour camp having a generator is pretty high, so offer them a beer or some fuel share and ask for a hook up ;)

Reaktionen: untilthelight

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hello there, here ist Sandra
This year first time in Wacken, coming with my dear husband.

About me:
Languages: Serbian/Croatian, German, some English, some Greek
Some fav. artists: Annihilator, Disturbed, Faith No More, Five Finger Death Punch, The Fuzztones, Green Day, Hole, Iron Maiden, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Machine Head, Megadeath, Mushroomhead (my favs), Papa Roach, Prong, Rammstein, Sevendust, Skindred, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Suicidal Tendencies, System of a down...
Drinking: hard stuff, if not available also dark beer
Wir haben uns schon gesehen. Néamoins, W\HELL/come! (ja, ich war auf der deutsche Seite)
Location: Northern Norway, more specifically Narvik for those who are geographically gifted.
Male/Female: Male
Favorite music: Metal and rock! Anything from the old black metal bands to newer stuff, really into Mastodon these days.
Wacken: This will be my first WOA! Just 3 fuckin weeks left now, and I'm beyond stoked! Me and a friend are driving there and hoping to find a piece of german land to park a caravan for the duration. It doesn't have to be near the festival area, if we have to walk 30-45 min that's fine. Fingers crossed!

I've heard so many nice things about Wacken and the people who come there. Can't wait to be around 80k like-minded people, see loads of my favorite bands, drink beer and just throw the horns up and have a good time! :D
W\HELL/come to this mess! Er, I mean, this forum! :D

Aleksi

12 Juli 2016
Why should I use cashless when I have a credit card with remote pay? Any benefits with WOA card over normal credit card?

acryd

8 Aug. 2016
HH
Why should I use cashless when I have a credit card with remote pay? Any benefits with WOA card over normal credit card?

Yes, because you can actually use the Cashless Card compared to your cc card!!!
Its not as common to use creditcards in Germany like in many other countries.
If some reseller accepts cards its mostly EC Maestro and not allways Master/VIsacard... and on festivals or other fests etc.. they mostly only take cash ;)

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Exactly. For example I can't use my visa electron in a lot of places in Germany. So Aleksi, if you're from Finland like me, you should keep that in mind when travelling in Germany.

Aleksi

12 Juli 2016
Well thank you! I was at Wacken 2016 but there I had no problem with paying. Maybe I used cash then (can't remember that good). But now I know the reason. Time to charge the card then. :D

acryd

8 Aug. 2016
HH
Too much beer I guess. :D

best attitude ;)

No but really, cards beeing accepted in germany is more common in restaurants for the last years, and most supermarkets and gas stations.
And even in Wacken you had some merchants on the metal market who took EC/Maestro cards even like in 2010 which i used, but this is not common.
and as the cashless system will be spread a lot further this year, you can use the cashless card at 99% of all locations throughout the festival apart from the village and the campground supermarkets. so take some cash for the village and for the rest take the cashless card (which you can top up using your cc card at the festival site)

untilthelight

7 Juli 2018
Are there any pros of using cash vs cashless then? I mean surely the card must be way smoother, less waiting and such. Can you withdraw what you dont spend before going home again?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Actually I can. But then again, I won't be going this year, so it's fairly easy. :D
We''ll see NEXT year. Then I'll be going back.
But frankly, I never take more than €50 with me. ATMs are available at the festival, or in worst case, in the village itself.