METALCORE,MATHCORE fur WACKEN!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I'm on their Myspace site.

1) Selkies the endless... (probably not the complete song title)
The first minute or so was good...and the slow part around 4:30 or so...prog metal just like Dream Theater or Opeth or so...not even a single hint of "core" at that moments...but I really don't like the extreme parts. They just don't fit in. Destroys the whole song in my ears. That's sad. You'd almost got me there.

2) Alaska
Starting with nice prog metal again. Then there's that extreme part again after half a minute and the whole magic is gone. Why do they do this?

3) Mordecai
Somehow the Myspace player doesn't want to play this song. :rolleyes:

4) All Bodies
Uh. The beginning is too much for me. Most of the rest as well. Weird synthies :confused: leading to a chorus (?) that's simply confusing me. :D

Hm. Sad. I liked the prog metal parts. They should have made two bands out of this band...one prog metal and one with the rest.

But all this can be defined as mainly a strange mixture of extreme death and prog metal in my ears...what's really metalcore about this band?

Edit: Seen the Mordecai video now. The second half of the song is great. :rolleyes: the first half is too extreme for me.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Stigmurder

25 Dez. 2006
I'm on their Myspace site.

1) Selkies the endless... (probably not the complete song title)
The first minute or so was good...and the slow part around 4:30 or so...prog metal just like Dream Theater or Opeth or so...not even a single hint of "core" at that moments...but I really don't like the extreme parts. They just don't fit in. Destroys the whole song in my ears. That's sad. You'd almost got me there.

2) Alaska
Starting with nice prog metal again. Then there's that extreme part again after half a minute and the whole magic is gone. Why do they do this?

3) Mordecai
Somehow the Myspace player doesn't want to play this song. :rolleyes:

4) All Bodies
Uh. The beginning is too much for me. Most of the rest as well. Weird synthies :confused: leading to a chorus (?) that's simply confusing me. :D

Hm. Sad. I liked the prog metal parts. They should have made two bands out of this band...one prog metal and one with the rest.

But all this can be defined as mainly a strange mixture of extreme death and prog metal in my ears...what's really metalcore about this band?

Edit: Seen the Mordecai video now. The second half of the song is great. :rolleyes: the first half is too extreme for me.
First half is mathcore(mathamatical hardcoregrindcore)/grindcore.I like it :)
Second part is quite fashion,but melody is super :)
New school metalcore is connected with prog metal (METAL) and hardcoregrindcore(-CORE)...It is smth diffrent from simple metalcore.
My favorite BTBAM songs:
Ad A Dglgmut
Roboturner
All Bodies
Alaska
They also have a cover album The Anatomy Of [2006] :
Tracklist:
01. Blackened (Metallica)
02. Kickstart My Heart (Motley Crue)
03. The Day I Tried To Live (Soundgarden)
04. Bicycle Race (Queen)
05. Three Of A Perfect Pair (King Crimson)
06. Us And Them (Pink Floyd)
07. Geek USA (Smashing Pumpkins)
08. Forced March (Earth Crisis)
09. Territory (Sepultura)
10. Change (Blind Melon)
11. Malpractice (Faith No More)
12. Little 15 (Depeche Mode)
13. Cemetary Gates (Pantera)
14. Colorblind (Counting Crows)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
First half is mathcore(mathamatical hardcoregrindcore)/grindcore.I like it :)
Second part is quite fashion,but melody is super :)
New school metalcore is connected with prog metal (METAL) and hardcoregrindcore(-CORE)...It is smth diffrent from simple metalcore.
My favorite BTBAM songs:
Ad A Dglgmut
Roboturner
All Bodies
Alaska
They also have a cover album The Anatomy Of [2006] :
Tracklist:
01. Blackened (Metallica)
02. Kickstart My Heart (Motley Crue)
03. The Day I Tried To Live (Soundgarden)
04. Bicycle Race (Queen)
05. Three Of A Perfect Pair (King Crimson)
06. Us And Them (Pink Floyd)
07. Geek USA (Smashing Pumpkins)
08. Forced March (Earth Crisis)
09. Territory (Sepultura)
10. Change (Blind Melon)
11. Malpractice (Faith No More)
12. Little 15 (Depeche Mode)
13. Cemetary Gates (Pantera)
14. Colorblind (Counting Crows)

I don't even want to know how they abuse those classics. :eek:

No, sorry, I just couldn't listen to a mixture that's so crazy.