Metal beginner needs help

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
9 Dez. 2010
Manitoba, Canada
How do you deem Amon Amarth as death metal? is it because of the death growl he sings with (you can still understand him on the album versions)? All of the lyrics are viking themed...Maybe it's just me!

Muloc7253

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Okt. 2010
How do you deem Amon Amarth as death metal? is it because of the death growl he sings with (you can still understand him on the album versions)? All of the lyrics are viking themed...Maybe it's just me!

Lots of death metal vocalists you can understand. Jeff Becerra, John Tary, Chuck Schundlier. And as for the viking lyrics, what of them? Genres aren't defined by lyrics. Unleashed are a pivotal Swedish detal band and they wrote of vikings. AA are definitely very melodic, and bland in my opinion. They're definitely on the lighter side of death metal.

9 Dez. 2010
Manitoba, Canada
Lots of death metal vocalists you can understand. Jeff Becerra, John Tary, Chuck Schundlier. And as for the viking lyrics, what of them? Genres aren't defined by lyrics. Unleashed are a pivotal Swedish detal band and they wrote of vikings. AA are definitely very melodic, and bland in my opinion. They're definitely on the lighter side of death metal.

I just don't see them as death metal, but to each their own I guess! Chuck was from the first wave of death metal so it's understandable that he wasn't singing like John Gallagher or Chris Barnes.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I'd check out Cripper from Hannover, Germany, as well.

Saw them at the 70000 tons of metal cruise and it's good stuff, impressive female lead singer indeed.

Taliclol

30 Jan. 2011
Nightwish pfoee....

Try to get into the melo death, early in flames is good for you, not the new.

Or listen to Made of Hate, MoH is cool imo.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Music taste is and will remain a subjective thing. You should therefore listen what you want to hear. Whether it's hard, soft, death or whatever, it's your taste.

One can give suggestions, but the taste will be made by yourself, not by others. (at least I hope you do it yourself, and not to be "part of it" because others do.)