Metal beginner needs help

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Muloc7253

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Okt. 2010
Yeah Dismember is fucking brilliant. I didn't click that link but I hope it's Skin Her Alive!

VindictaLoupsGarou

1 Okt. 2010
Melbourne, Australia
i think a good way to find bands simliar to what you like is...
go to amazon, search the band you listen to, click on a cd, scroll down and you'll see what other people bought when they bought that cd :) and then you just keep jumping from cd to cd going "whooooa"
You can also do the same on myspace through the friends lists of bands

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Also everyone loves Sentenced. Sentenced. People love 'em. Accessable band, ya see? Sentenced. Like the poprock of metal. Sentenced. You gotta love 'em. Sentenced. They makey songs abouty suicidey. Sentenced. But theya likea playa thema witha melodya. Sentenced. People listen to them. Sentenced. Sentenced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUrRyQP8QQ

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Also everyone loves Sentenced. Sentenced. People love 'em. Accessable band, ya see? Sentenced. Like the poprock of metal. Sentenced. You gotta love 'em. Sentenced. They makey songs abouty suicidey. Sentenced. But theya likea playa thema witha melodya. Sentenced. People listen to them. Sentenced. Sentenced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUrRyQP8QQ

after reading your introduction I don't feel like checking them out... :p

Di0nys0s

10 Jan. 2011
The best part of getting into metal is exploring yourself and developing your own tastes, so don't be scared of checking out some random shit or listening to stuff that no many people like.

Don't worry, you'll be listening to Deiphago and Archgoat in no time. ;)
I tried alot of Death Metal the last days. But it is a bigger leap from the symphonic metal genre to death metal than i thought. Well being a big female fronted metal fan i tasted some arch enemy songs, but Angelas harsh screaming wasn`t really my taste. Then i found The Agonist quite interesting and fun to listen, maybe because they also use symphonic elements as well. But it was also their tendency to social and political issues and great strange lyrics, which drove me towards them. I guess the have a bad reputation with you hardcore metal fans here, but it helped me to get used to harsher and sicker vocals as well as to more chaotic songstructures.
Now i kinda like the even harsher Arch Enemy songs alot. Something a year or so before i would have never imagined.
Somehow deep in my psyche the heavier metal characteristics like growling and so on had always bad stigmata attached, even for me as someone very open minded. I felt always uncomfortable listening to the extreme stuff, so i never went beyond Nightwish, but now i feel getting used to it more and begin to like it.

Another Band i find very interesting now is Amon Amarth, even though i prefere lyrics about social issues than lyrics just about fighting warriors.
A friend who is russian also gave me advice to listen to his favourite russian band, Arkona, but i think Pagan Metal isn`t really my genre.

For the Black Metal Bands you listed: I don`t feel Black Metal is something for me. But, well never say no.:p

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Don't dismiss anything so soon. Just listen to everything. You might like it more later. :p Tastes change, especially when you're still discovering metal.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Now i kinda like the even harsher Arch Enemy songs alot. Something a year or so before i would have never imagined.

Whohoo!

Another Band i find very interesting now is Amon Amarth, even though i prefere lyrics about social issues than lyrics just about fighting warriors.

Whohoo!
:D

But to quote, more or less, Johan from AA when asking the crowd to sing along:
Don't worry if you don't know the words, it's death metal, nobody hears what you sing anyway!

Di0nys0s

10 Jan. 2011
Right now i`m checking out some standard Death Metal stuff like Children of Bodom, but i`m somehow always getting back to some female fronted stuff.
Espacially Arch Enemys "Burning Angel" is pure AWESOMENESS.

Muloc7253

11 Okt. 2010
I tried alot of Death Metal the last days. But it is a bigger leap from the symphonic metal genre to death metal than i thought. Well being a big female fronted metal fan i tasted some arch enemy songs, but Angelas harsh screaming wasn`t really my taste. Then i found The Agonist quite interesting and fun to listen, maybe because they also use symphonic elements as well. But it was also their tendency to social and political issues and great strange lyrics, which drove me towards them. I guess the have a bad reputation with you hardcore metal fans here, but it helped me to get used to harsher and sicker vocals as well as to more chaotic songstructures.
Somehow deep in my psyche the heavier metal characteristics like growling and so on had always bad stigmata attached, even for me as someone very open minded. I felt always uncomfortable listening to the extreme stuff, so i never went beyond Nightwish, but now i feel getting used to it more and begin to like it.

A friend who is russian also gave me advice to listen to his favourite russian band, Arkona, but i think Pagan Metal isn`t really my genre.

For the Black Metal Bands you listed: I don`t feel Black Metal is something for me. But, well never say no.:p

Then just stick with your female-fronnted stuff and just listen to heavier stuff when you're in that rare mood. Don't force yourself, remember you're only listening to music for you :p
Check out Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Dismal Euphony...maybe some older female-fronted bands like Warlock/Doro, Girlschool etc.

As for darker, growlier stuff being intidimating - that's a good thing! It would suck if it was non-challenging music any average joe could just pick up and love immediately. That's why they don't play Last Days of Humanity and Enmity on the radio :p