>>>GOOD NEWS<<<

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
yep. maybe not "fantastic" but at least really "listenable" compared to the rest of their discography.
unless they made an incredible come-back in the last few years ?

Not really no the last couple of albums have been pretty sub-standard although the most recent one was a step in the right direction i pretty much never listen to anything recorded after cruelty.

Oh and Dissection would be yeh sorry lol though i do love their miusic! :p

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Cradle of Filth is as "big" as Dimmu Borgir, don't you think? As well as Dissection, Keep of Kalessin and all that stuff...I'm pretty sure that Endstille will be the "biggest" extreme-metal-act.

warismoney

29 Mai 2008
Cradle of Filth is as "big" as Dimmu Borgir, don't you think? As well as Dissection, Keep of Kalessin and all that stuff...I'm pretty sure that Endstille will be the "biggest" extreme-metal-act.

That would be so fucking damn bad! Nothing against endstille - i really like them and im really looking forward to see them TWICE this year but a little bit more for wacken wouldnt that bad!

Flecha

1 Sep. 2008
Kiel
www.transfermarkt.de

KoK are _never_ as big as CoF or Dimmu. ;-)
Just take a look at a Legacy-flyer.
Keep of Kalessin would play.. mh.. early on BM-Stage or on WET-Stage at night.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool

would be good.... but hopefully not on the WET stage you have to get in there 2hours before any band u wanna see just to fight your way to the front it is a very poorly organised stage i think that one, surely it could be done better, at Download in the UK we had 2 tent stages and both work fine an are accessible by many more people than than the WET stage..... thats the only thing download has over W:O:A though lol

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008

Yeah, my post was missunderstandable. In fact, I only wanted to set CoF and Dimmu on the same level and claim, that the others are also "bigger" than they are told to be. But of course, KoK and all that stuff are never as big as Dimmu!

Parkground Dancer

2 März 2009
Vosswinkel
I think it´s ridicioulus that they won´t announce some great BM bands.
I mean you could also say Wacken was never a powemetal festival!!
Some BM bands wouldn´t harm the billing I guess.
I hope that they will announce some big Deathmetalbands at least.
I mean there´s not one in the billing yet:D

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
I think it´s ridicioulus that they won´t announce some great BM bands.
I mean you could also say Wacken was never a powemetal festival!!
Some BM bands wouldn´t harm the billing I guess.
I hope that they will announce some big Deathmetalbands at least.
I mean there´s not one in the billing yet:D

As far as I know Kai ment the whole extreme metal with BM...

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Yep.
When I whine about a big black metal act, it clearly doesn't include those guys.

But I could bear with them, as I bear with RW, and all that german-dedicated stuff...

I don't know very many here that consider them good. Well, I do, but everybody in my area I've met who likes them has even heard of Immortal. I tried talking to somebody I knew in high school about metal and the only bands he knew were Dimmu, Cradle of Filth, and Children of Bodom.

I actually like Running Wild and some of the German-dedicated stuff. But, I do believe if they're allowing Bring me the Horizen for what I can imagine is diversity sake, they really do need to spread it out more with more than just minor bands. I'm not sure because I don't keep track, but if it were an emo festival, wouldn't Bring me the Horizen be considered a "top act"?

Blackmoon666

19 Aug. 2008
Okay, the headliner question is answered. There won't be any bigger names than Machine Head, Motörhead, Saxon, Heaven and Hell, In Flames & Running Wild. Let's move on and take a look to the remaining bands to be announced.
We know there won't be any bigger names than the ones listed above, but how "big" are the bands left gonna be? We have many bands which will apparently fill the evening time slots: Amon Amarth, Axel Rudi Pell, BfmV, Doro, Gamma Ray, Gwar, Hammerfall, In Extremo, Lacuna Coil, Subway to Sally.
Is there any place left for bands we desperately want to see? Or is there only place left for bands no one has ever heard of?

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
Okay, the headliner question is answered. There won't be any bigger names than Machine Head, Motörhead, Saxon, Heaven and Hell, In Flames & Running Wild. Let's move on and take a look to the remaining bands to be announced.
We know there won't be any bigger names than the ones listed above, but how "big" are the bands left gonna be? We have many bands which will apparently fill the evening time slots: Amon Amarth, Axel Rudi Pell, BfmV, Doro, Gamma Ray, Gwar, Hammerfall, In Extremo, Lacuna Coil, Subway to Sally.
Is there any place left for bands we desperately want to see? Or is there only place left for bands no one has ever heard of?

Actually they are bands of which you at least should have heard the name. But nevertheless, most of them really suck. But look at these names: Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Lacuna Coil, BfmV, Doro, Axel Rudi Pell...they are all bands that have always gotten a good slot to play.
In fact, I think that all the bands that are still to be announced will be much smaller ones than all the announced ones. Ones to play early on the Party-Stage or in the tent. We got our billing, thats it.

So you are "accidentaly" right: Whats coming, will be some mud of bands, of which you probably have never heard of.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: