Gay metalheads @ Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

untilthelight

7 Juli 2018
Sorry if this post notification got your hopes up, I'm straight - despite the fact that my avatar may suggest otherwise :p I just wanted to comment on a few things you wrote. "...will never become kvlt and grim because of this"

Excuse me Sir, but you do know who the headliner this year is? Judas fucking Priest. That's right, the metal God himself. And he's gay. Your statement is invalid!

"...I can't be the only one, right?"

Amongst 80k people, I seriously doubt that you are! But like you said, we'd never guess that you were gay if we stood next to you. So that probably goes for the rest of the gays at Wacken, I bet they're not wearing pink and carrying man-purses :p

While we're on the subject, me and my friend you'd probably never guess were metalheads. We don't wear denim vests with bandpatches, have long hair and wear army-boots. Will we be frowned upon unless we suit up in KVLT clothing? lol

threshold

10 Aug. 2016
I'd never have guessed there's a topic like this, as I've never read in this room before.
As this seems to be so extraordinary: I am a gay man. And I've been to the last 7 Wacken festivals with my husband ( OK, we only married November 2015, but we've been together and together at Wacken before.)
We are openly gay. This doesn't mean we'd behave in very strange gay ways ( is it we should? ;) ) , but it means, you may already have seen us holding hands while watching a great performance, like Dimmu this year, or kissing each other at Knorkator to "Wir werden alle sterben" - or shouting loudly "Schatz" ( this is "darling" ) from a distance to each other to get the attention of the beloved at some random nice band when we get out of touch.
We don't look gay ( concerning common prejudices) of course (most gays don't btw) . But there is no doubt we +behave+ gay at times.
I've never ever experienced +as+ much as even a weird look by *anybody* during all these years. So I would have +always+ voted for the Metal scene to be +as+ gay-friendly as you can imagine.
Maybe to the wrong.
If you are scared to come-out to your own metal friends, my personal vote would thus always be: "Just do it."
Actually we are in a camp with heterosexuals, and we have always been out to them. At times they even become cuddly and teasy when we are very drunk. Never ever have I heard a single unfriendly word - OK, we got our fair share of random gay jokes, but this is very much OK with me.;)
So: I hope you find some courage in your heart to come out to your metal friends soon - it won't hurt so much.
This text was written to:

threshold