Euro in Sweden

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by LooseCannon
I saw on the news about Sweden voting against the Euro.It showed people celebrating the vote.

I took $850 American with me to Wacken & exchanged it in Heathrow & got about 650 Euro's in exchange.I didn't know the Euro was that stronger than the American dollar.

From the introduction of the Euro, it and the US$ were about equal. The US$ started to plummet the moment Bush declared war on the Iraqi regime.

@mugabe
Australia seems to have a similar consitution to Sweden in that many decisions and laws are voted by and passed through the government via a bill, but referrendums (I think-my policitical knowledge is low) must be voted for in majority by the people.

Australia had the same thing with the proposal of a republic rather than a constitutional monarchy, which we remained. Australia didn't like the idea that the government would choose the president instead of the people

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Brat
From the introduction of the Euro, it and the US$ were about equal. The US$ started to plummet the moment Bush declared war on the Iraqi regime.

And HOW! :mad: Euro was down at $.90 when I went to WOA 2002, and I was loving it! Even the pound was down against the US$. All of a sudden we go to war, and the Euro's at $1.19. So in reality, that 3 Euro beer cost me $2.70 one year and $3.57 the next. Grrr...

I'm not one to bitch over small increases...but a 32.2% increase in my beer expenses (which translates into being able to drink 24.2% less for the same amount of money) is inexcusable.

This is how revolutions are born. :mad:

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
@mugabe: If you think of my age you would know that I wasn't allowed to vote in '95 when we were asked if we want to join the EU (I'm allowed now since 2000 and my first election was in autumn '01 and I voted green which is now in the opposite like always, anyway...)... so please don't come me like that , that is not fair at all now. I didn't vote for them, nor for the conservative, nor for the middle-right wing which reigns now the country for 6 years. That's it.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
@Thordis

I didn't mean "you" personally, but "the Austrians". It seems strange that 62% of the population oppose the politics of the government.

@Brat

This was a strictly "advisory" voting, but the government has promised to go with the result.

Note of interest: Swedish women have voted "no" in all referenda since 1922, when they voted "yes" to prohibition. 84% opposed right-hand traffic in 1955.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Warthog
Shit, isn't it human nature to hate the government? Or maybe I've been living in this country too long...yes, yes, I think that's the answer!

nah, its human nature to hate your government :D
Originally posted by dittohead
the whole of england are women or gay-drivers:p hahah :D:p

that's why i'm confused, because I thought it was only in the UK, Australia and NZ where people drove on the left...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
and in South Africa if I´m not completely wrong... and I guess in some other strange countries too!

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
speaking of South Africa, how's your friend (whose name I can't remember DOH!)

Say 'hi' to him for me and tell him I've been a 'safe' girl since I last saw him ;) ...someone else made my coffee for me at M'era Luna :D

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
right-hand traffic? you mean driving on the right side of the road like the rest of Europe?

Don't you drive on the right? LOL I can't remember...
Yes, we do. The government chose to ignore the result of the referendum and switched to right-hand traffic anyway in 1967.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
nah, its human nature to hate your government :D

Ah! Well, at least I'm not alone then! :D

Oh crap, I shouldn't have said that...now Bush's henchmen will be over any second to reactivate the mind-control chip in my he...BZZZT...yes, master...attack Iraq...drink Bud Light...listen to James Taylor...

btw, Japan drives on the left too...I believe some other Asian countries do as well.

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog
Ah! Well, at least I'm not alone then! :D

Oh crap, I shouldn't have said that...now Bush's henchmen will be over any second to reactivate the mind-control chip in my he...BZZZT...yes, master...attack Iraq...drink Bud Light...listen to James Taylor...

btw, Japan drives on the left too...I believe some other Asian countries do as well.

1st of all-Bud light & James Taylor can kiss my white ass.

I agree with Brat.It is human nature.I'm a voter,BUT when I look at the choices out there,I just shake my head.I did vote for Bush in 2000 for a good reason.I remember Al Gore's wife Tipper was(& still is) the head of a organization called the PMRC(Parents Music Resource Center).They're responsible for the warning lables on tapes & CD's in this country.They're were senate hearing in this country in the 80's about what Ms. Gore deamed "offensive" music(metal,rap,etc.).Al Gore's running mate heads a commity that wants to censore television.I'm against censorship of any kind.

To me it was the lesser of 2 evils.