camping!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

intheabyss

10 Nov. 2005
ok... this probably sounds like a stupid question, but do you have to camp at Wacken, or can you leave at night and come back each day?

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Wacken is like a prison...once you're in you can't get out any more. Fences and stuff everywhere. :D

;)

No, of course you CAN leave whenever you want if you think you have to - but you'd miss a lot of what makes Wacken really special...all the fun at night on the campgrounds...and additionally it's just a bit complicated...concerts are from about 10 am in the morning to 3 am at night...you'd either not get very much sleep or miss some bands probably as getting to hotels etc. takes some time as well.

Decide what's more important to you: sleeping well or having shitloads of fun.

WarriorPrincess

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2003
NM i.d.Opf.
Website besuchen
Kate McGee schrieb:
Wacken is like a prison...once you're in you can't get out any more. Fences and stuff everywhere. :D

;)

No, of course you CAN leave whenever you want if you think you have to - but you'd miss a lot of what makes Wacken really special...all the fun at night on the campgrounds...and additionally it's just a bit complicated...concerts are from about 10 am in the morning to 3 am at night...you'd either not get very much sleep or miss some bands probably as getting to hotels etc. takes some time as well.

Decide what's more important to you: sleeping well or having shitloads of fun.
... and additionaly it'S very complicated, I'd guees, to find a hotel or sth similar, that is not yet booked out...
If You know somebody living around there, that's an alternative, otherwise the simplest (and cheapest) thing is to stay at the campsite.
And like Kate already said: you'd miss a lot!!! Also, it's often very useful to have a tent around there during the day, when there's bands you don'rt want to see, to take a short sleep, or to store your beer there... ;)

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
why are there so many people who have something against camping at a festival? Ofcourse it's not obligate but isn't that what wacken (or other festival) is about...metal and camping!?

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Iscariot schrieb:
why are there so many people who have something against camping at a festival? Ofcourse it's not obligate but isn't that what wacken (or other festival) is about...metal and camping!?

I have serious problems sleeping at festivals, and a lack of sleep makes me more intolerant to alcohol.
So you just have to decide, get some good sleep or get drunk faster?

:D

Seriously though, if there were hotels or similar at Wacken village itself that were not crazy expensive, I would probably sleep at the hotel rather than camping.

But I'm NOT going to go to Hamburg and back each day for sleeping...

Have been thinking about driving down by a car with beds in it, whatever that's calle din English. It's "husbil" in Swedeish though :p
Not the one you put at the end of your car and tow it with you, the one where the car itself has the beds in the back.
Will think about it for next year, see what happens.

My Selene

5 Feb. 2005
Husbil = recreational van. If you pick me up, with some friends (3 or 4), you will get some beer ;) They don't have to sleep in it, but I have to. Or else I am taking my car and sleep in it.

But I don't know if I can go to woa 06 because of the army.

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
gnoff schrieb:
I have serious problems sleeping at festivals, and a lack of sleep makes me more intolerant to alcohol.

Seriously though, if there were hotels or similar at Wacken village itself that were not crazy expensive, I would probably sleep at the hotel rather than camping.

Have been thinking about driving down by a car with beds in it, whatever that's calle din English. It's "husbil" in Swedeish though :p
Not the one you put at the end of your car and tow it with you, the one where the car itself has the beds in the back.

It's called a camper in english,also.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
gnoff schrieb:
i wanted to hire one the first year I came to Wacken but most hire companies had a minimum 14-30 days hire in summer :mad:

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
Iscariot schrieb:

I can't understand this either. Camping is something I really like. I bought a good, big tent and well I still can have a shower whenever I feel like and a real toilet. You never run out of alcohol and sometimes your neighbours are good cooks :D

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
gnoff schrieb:

Is it the one who really looks like a camper or the one who looks like an ordinary van.
You can also bring an ordinary van and have a matrass in it :)

I usually don't have problems sleeping at wacken, at least, not after the first night. The days are so exhausting I will sleep for sure. And in combination with alcohol no sleeping pills can beat that:)

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Quark schrieb:
No good festival without the camping!!!

I had lots of fun last year at the campsite! It's also a place to catch a quick nap when needed.

But do what you want!

True, especially if a shitty band like Slayer ( :p ) is playing end there are some great bands playing later on the evening. You feel like a god again after an hour sleep or so :)