Any Scots on this forum?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Warthog and I were talking about Scottish metal and came up with a cool concept...

Metal music with bagpipes and guys wearing kilts on stage...

Are there any bands like that? In fact are there any metal bands coming out of Scotland? We couldn't think of any.

Fallen_Knight

W:O:A Metalmaster
22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Originally posted by Brat
Warthog and I were talking about Scottish metal and came up with a cool concept...

Metal music with bagpipes and guys wearing kilts on stage...

Are there any bands like that? In fact are there any metal bands coming out of Scotland? We couldn't think of any.

Seems like a mixture of Grave Digger's Tunes of War and Swedish Lost Horizon.
Brat: you have heard Lost Horison?

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Originally posted by Brat
Definitely heard of Lost Horizon! Would love to see them live!

I saw them play for the first time in their homecity the 25th of april.

Last time was 10 years ago under the name Highlander...*points out Hammerfall's Joacim Cans was singer in Bighlander once*

They played WOA 2001.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Re: Any Scots on this forum?

Originally posted by Fallen_Knight
Seems like a mixture of Grave Digger's Tunes of War

Yeah! "Rebellion (Clans are Marching)" is a great song. But we were thinking something with more than just the occasional bagpipe interlude. Dropkick Murphys prove that bagpipes and guitars sound great together, why can't a metal band do it? Ah well, I'd like to hear more. :)

Wackianne

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Originally posted by monochrom
Check out the Real McKenzies, scottish folk mixed with punk. Great lads, too.
Ah yeah - I saw live them in London last year without knowing them before, big fun!

About Scottish metal bands... There recently was this thread of a guy that offered a free cd of...a metal band from Scotland called Vantage Point! They're fine :)! Don't have bagpipes though :p...
http://forum1.wacken.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104841

@brat I also once opened a thread asking for Scots actually, hehe, and I remember you revealed your Scottish fetish then :D!