Any Australians going to Wacken 2011

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

warpiglet

9 Sep. 2010
Australia!
Hey there :D My name is Mykal (or Warpiglet whichever you choose to throw around) and 2011 will be my first ever Wacken: Open Air! I'm flying all the way over from Australia, to see Blind Guardian (I don't even mind if the rest of the lineup is horrible, BG are my all time favourites <3) and I can't wait.

Are there any other Aussies who are thinking about going over? :D

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hey there :D My name is Mykal (or Warpiglet whichever you choose to throw around) and 2011 will be my first ever Wacken: Open Air! I'm flying all the way over from Australia, to see Blind Guardian (I don't even mind if the rest of the lineup is horrible, BG are my all time favourites <3) and I can't wait.

hmm all aussies I know told me they won't be comming next year.
though usually heaps of aussies come to wacken.

DaveAus

W:O:A Metalhead
3 März 2008
Melbourne, Australia
There's always a few hundred Aussies scattered around the place, you can usually hear our drunken accents a mile off.
I'm 50/50 on next year, too early to say yet with money and other committments.
But there will be a lot of other Aussies (look for flags on tents) and you will probably be best mates with your neighbours within a few hours no mateer where they're from
Enjoy!

Steel Lord

1 Juli 2010
Northern Ireland
Must have spoke with at least half a dozen Aussies at Wacken this year.

I even upset a guy from Adelaide because I told him the way he was wearing his flag as a cape made him look like one of those rioters who made the news a little while ago. (After I gave him a beer we were like old friends :p)

DaveAus

3 März 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Must have spoke with at least half a dozen Aussies at Wacken this year.

I even upset a guy from Adelaide because I told him the way he was wearing his flag as a cape made him look like one of those rioters who made the news a little while ago. (After I gave him a beer we were like old friends :p)

Hahaha. Go easy on him. He's from Adelaide, they only have one main street. :p
Nah, seriously if ya see an Aussie dressed like that in Oz they must be a drunken yobbo moron. But among travellers I've found people do it to be identifiable. Was pulling the piss out of my mate for doing it in 2008. His excuse was it left his hands free to drink.

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
Loads of Aussies at Wacken. 2009 we shared a few beers with some Aussies on the bus from the Airport, and ended up spending the whole festival with them - and hopefully the next one. You won't be alone.

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England

Airbourne are playing. Surely you'll enjoy supporting an awesome hard-rocking Aussie band like that?

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Unfortunately I won't be back at Wacken in 2011 as have used up all my brownie points with the missus to get there in 2005, 2007 and 2010.

Definitely fly an Oz flag from your tent and be prepared for the locals to freak out when you tell them where you've come from, e.g. "Vot, you komm all ze vay from Hostralia?? Respect!!!!". They seem to think we come from the other side of the galaxy and not just a 24 hour flight.

You could always wear your flag as a cape but I just used me accent!!

[Tip for flag poles - we went to HOA the week before Wacken and scrounged some abandoned poles from the wreckage in the camp ground on the last day. Just gaffer taped 'em to our camper van at Wacken and had an instant flag pole!!]

Stumbled across truckloads of Aussies at HOA and WOA - in fact saw some of em last weekend at the Melbourne Overkill gig and the next day outside the Grand Final.

Also, if you're going to Wacken, have a look at the Hamburg Ballroom website for details of their Wacken after-party the Sunday after Wacken finishes - this year it was Mob Rules (awesome) and Stormwarrior (who had to pull out due to an injury to their drummer but Lars from Stormwarrior still turned up and was chatting to the punters, including us - a top bloke!)

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
There's no such thing as too excited!

I won't be going again next year, mainly because:
1. I'm not made of money
2. I had to work for 2 years without holidays just to warrant my time off in Europe
3. I spent a full year planning it and 5 months solid getting the fine details correct
4. The plane rides were torture.

I'm itching to go back though, my mates and I who went this year are thinking 2012.

Every single day I have amazing flashbacks from Wacken. My work mates have stopped wondering why I sporadically start smiling or laughing inappropriately.