A National Tragedy

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
As all of you know,Hurricane Katrina slammed into the US Gulf coast.New Orleans is under water with possibly 1000's dead.Biloxi,MISS is destroyed.If you want to help,please contact the Salvation Army(I forgot the site) or the Red Cross (www.redcross.org). They are taking donations.Any amount can help no matter how big or small.

I heard on the news last night that Germany & Russia are willing to help if we ask.

*raises a glass to the many fallen*

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
LooseCannon schrieb:
As all of you know,Hurricane Katrina slammed into the US Gulf coast.New Orleans is under water with possibly 1000's dead.Biloxi,MISS is destroyed.If you want to help,please contact the Salvation Army(I forgot the site) or the Red Cross (www.redcross.org). They are taking donations.Any amount can help no matter how big or small.

I heard on the news last night that Germany & Russia are willing to help if we ask.

*raises a glass to the many fallen*
Lot's of support from over here.

But there is one question that's bothering me. Is Bush really interrested in saving the victims, or is he only interrested in saving the oil industry and his own wallet? He does give that impression, even when hie goes the area that is suffering. Money can't buy everything (although I admit, you'll need lots of it now), he has to show them that he WANTS to feed the victims and take care of them. (I know, he can't do it personally, but stil...)

Edit: In addition of what Loose said. The website of the Salvation Army USA (Nationwide) is http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Quark schrieb:

But there is one question that's bothering me. Is Bush really interrested in saving the victims, or is he only interrested in saving the oil industry and his own wallet? He does give that impression, even when hie goes the area that is suffering. Money can't buy everything (although I admit, you'll need lots of it now), he has to show them that he WANTS to feed the victims and take care of them. (I know, he can't do it personally, but stil...)

yup got the same inpression.

I hope he has got intensions but to me it doesn';t look like it.
but I hope the best for all the people, and maybe I will make a donation.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Quark schrieb:

Alot of good points.I did talk to a friend who is a republican & voted for Bush.He's even saying he made a wrong choice.He thinks the same things.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
the first thing befor they launched all the aid...was to secure gallons of oil from europe

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
LooseCannon schrieb:
There has been price gauging at the gas stations.It's almost 4 Dollars a gallon.They're taking advantage of a very bad situation & making it worst just to fill their wallets.
exactly.

everything revolves around fossil fuels and money

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
One gallon should be about 4 litres. Which is in reverse about 0.26 gallon for a litre.

Which means that gas in the US is still cheaper than in Europe.

US$1 per LITRE vs €1,42 (Belgium) per LITRE. And €1 is about US$1.20.