• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Never mind. It´s Ok. I love this kind of Metal. And Black Sabbath is one of the bands they made still music during the times...and good music...with Ozzy, DIO and without them. It is my music. :p

But nothing over DIO!!!! :D

Hehe.. I was a 'big hair' band person in the 80's. I was late going into Metal but now I like more power metal and no so much thrash or death metal. I like songs that have a meaning/story - which is why I love Sabaton ;)

Wacki10

W:O:A Metalmaster
17 Aug. 2010
Bei Erlangen
Hehe.. I was a 'big hair' band person in the 80's. I was late going into Metal but now I like more power metal and no so much thrash or death metal. I like songs that have a meaning/story - which is why I love Sabaton ;)

I like Sabaton too. It´s not bad music. I don´t see Black Sabbath as a trash or death metal band! But anyway..I got problems with the kategories in metal. I love the music or not...and I don´t look if it´s power, trash, death or whatever metal...:o:ugly: I hate thees kategories....

Zachia

8 Mai 2012
I like Sabaton too. It´s not bad music. I don´t see Black Sabbath as a trash or death metal band! But anyway..I got problems with the kategories in metal. I love the music or not...and I don´t look if it´s power, trash, death or whatever metal...:o:ugly: I hate thees kategories....

Me,too

tDa

5 Mai 2013
Well, you can't deny that the genres are useful, at least for conveying a general idea of what the band might sound like. If I describe a band as a "progressive black metal band", it would give more of an idea to the other person than if I just said "metal band". This could make it more (or less) appealing for the listener to decide whether or not to check out the band. Whether or not you consider this an advantage is up to your judgment...

I know I have been guilty of prejudice against bands based on genre before, notably prog, which I later began to enjoy - and now love. I still shy away from power, thrash, and all things glam. Maybe that's stupid of me, but I've yet to hear almost anything with those labels rightfully applied which I actually enjoy.

On a side note, has anyone really heard anything innovative in the black metal camp lately? You might say Ihsahn and Enslaved, but they're more prog these days.

</braindump>

Wacki10

17 Aug. 2010
Bei Erlangen
Well, you can't deny that the genres are useful, at least for conveying a general idea of what the band might sound like. If I describe a band as a "progressive black metal band", it would give more of an idea to the other person than if I just said "metal band". This could make it more (or less) appealing for the listener to decide whether or not to check out the band. Whether or not you consider this an advantage is up to your judgment...

I know I have been guilty of prejudice against bands based on genre before, notably prog, which I later began to enjoy - and now love. I still shy away from power, thrash, and all things glam. Maybe that's stupid of me, but I've yet to hear almost anything with those labels rightfully applied which I actually enjoy.

On a side note, has anyone really heard anything innovative in the black metal camp lately? You might say Ihsahn and Enslaved, but they're more prog these days.

</braindump>

It´s Ok. I accept that. But I am too old for that. If you would say to me, I like this or this band...and they...and so on...I will hear them...and then...I like it or not. That´s my way. ;):D

tDa

5 Mai 2013
I guess that makes sense, too. I would do so too, but I might discriminate based on genre, were I to find it out ahead of time. If the band were said to be exceptional, I probably would make an exception, but hey... :p

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

</braindump>

I agree on the genres stuff, it helps a lot when explaining :p

on the black metal thing. no innovation at all, but who cares, black metal is good and always will be :p
any inovation nowadays leeds to a completely new genre it seems... it gets all the attention for like 5 years and then implodes.