THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Draugluir

28 Apr. 2014
Hi - First time poster, AND first time going to Wacken!

I was wondering about the parking situation close to the camp sites. I am driving to Wacken from Norway, and was told that the camp sites that allow cars are far from the festival site. I've looked at some of the official maps, which mention some "safe" parking away from the camps.

1. Are these far from the camps? (We would be carrying a lot of equipment to the camp)

2. Is it at all possible to get your car out of the parking on sunday morning?

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Hi - First time poster, AND first time going to Wacken!

I was wondering about the parking situation close to the camp sites. I am driving to Wacken from Norway, and was told that the camp sites that allow cars are far from the festival site. I've looked at some of the official maps, which mention some "safe" parking away from the camps.

1. Are these far from the camps? (We would be carrying a lot of equipment to the camp)

2. Is it at all possible to get your car out of the parking on sunday morning?

Not true about the parking situation. Cars are allowed in every camp site except for Camp A (the furthest entry from the main stage), which is generally taken up by young people and foreigners. If I recall correctly, Camp C is (one of) the closest camp site and is situated directly behind the main stages.

pfeiffer

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2011
i35h1j.png

The dark purple areas at the bottom of the map are "Camping Only". The blue areas are "Park & Camp".

What is "safe parking" ?
Somewhere far away from the camps and most people (except thiefs)? Or right next to your tent, where you and/or your neighbours can see the car? ;)

Draugluir

28 Apr. 2014
Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Camp C looks good, and since we're arriving on tuesday I'm hoping we can get a good spot there. :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Camp C looks good, and since we're arriving on tuesday I'm hoping we can get a good spot there. :)

You don't get to choose your place, you'll be appointed to a certain place. And, most likely, the earlier you arrive, the further away from the stage.

Getting out on Sunday is easy, except when it heavily rains. Then the field is like mud. But there'll be tractors to pull you out of there.

Remember! Wacken will be a complete ONE WAY street! This goes for both entering as leaving the site and village!

pfeiffer

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2011
If you plan to sleep you should hope for an other spot. The campgrounds C & P are infamous as a 24/7 party. :D

And, most likely, the earlier you arrive, the further away from the stage.
Since when ?
I know it as "the LATER you arrive, the further away from the stages".
(Except for the 2012 mud warriors. ^^)

burzwag

4 Jan. 2014
What time do bands usually start playing on Thursday? I'm looking at traveling in by Train from Copenhagen to Itzehoe then hopping on the shuttle bus. This will put me on the grounds by 4p or so. I don't want to miss Hammerfall.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
What time do bands usually start playing on Thursday? I'm looking at traveling in by Train from Copenhagen to Itzehoe then hopping on the shuttle bus. This will put me on the grounds by 4p or so. I don't want to miss Hammerfall.

If you take a train earlier, you can get in Itzehoe earlier as well. It is only 6hrs by train from Koebenhavn H.

Take a look at www.bahn.com and choose English, and check out for yourself.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: