Arch Enemy

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Leo

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Juli 2006
Preetz
ARCH ENEMY vocalist Angela Gossow has issued the following update:

"Thanx to everyone for coming out to the Black Crusade tour and showing some love! The tour is going very well, despite all the bad luck and tragic news backstage — everybody is pulling through. All my love goes out to Phil [Demmel, MACHINE HEAD guitarist] who is going through very hard times right now. A family member passing away whilst on tour — the worst that can happen!!! Phil is such a sweet guy and a real brother in metal — we miss you here!

"For those who still wonder about our position on this bill: We jumped on this tour late when the package was already confirmed. This is why we are second band on and only play 30 minutes. We will come out and do our own headline shows in March, April and May — this will be our moment of metal glory. We are pulling in some very young kids on this tour. Mission accomplished!

"To all of you: Be safe! This time of the year is family time — spend it with your loved ones, you never know how long they will be around. After the last show in Helsinki I will fly out to Germany to do exactly that. Until then, three more shows to go and no DVDs left to watch. Damnit.

aus blabbermouth

Leo

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Juli 2006
Preetz
Finland's HardcoreSounds.Net conducted an interview with ARCH ENEMY/CARCASS guitarist Michael Amott prior to ARCH ENEMY's concert in Helsinki last week. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

HardcoreSounds.Net: How has The Black Crusade tour gone so far?

Michael Amott: We are really happy. We have been on tour for four months now without going home and tomorrow it's the last show before heading back home. We started in the end of August from North America so it has been really amazing to tour through the world. "Rise Of The Tyrants" have gotten very good feedback from everywhere so it has been good times. Black Crusade has been really great so far. Five bands on a same stage so it feels like playing on a festival. The venues have been full and it was really nice to play in UK for big audience. I think tomorrow's last show in Helsinki will be pretty good for us as well.

HardcoreSounds.Net: Where you familiar with the other bands before heading out on this tour? What's your opinion about their music?

Michael Amott: Yea. We have toured with TRIVIUM and MACHINE HEAD so they were friends of us before this tour. We have played same stages with SHADOWS FALL as well so we were familiar with them also. DRAGONFORCE is the only band we didn't know before heading out on this tour.

HardcoreSounds.Net: When you started playing guitar, what were your main influences? What metal musicians do you admire nowadays?

Michael Amott: I think I was 12 when I started playing guitar and at that time I was really into extreme metal bands such as METALLICA, SLAYER and MEGADETH. I love fast and heavy music so that's where I got my influences from. I am not that much into "happy" metal like I have noticed that you Finns like. What attracted me into metal was anger and hate.

HardcoreSounds.Net: So what's your opinion about DRAGONFORCE then?

Michael Amott: It's so far away what I would listen to. I won't make any further comments about that.

HardcoreSounds.Net: You were nominated in category "Best Hard Rock" in Swedish Grammy awards. What were your first thoughts when you heard that you were nominated?

Michael Amott: I guess it's cool but I don't really care about it. I just play guitar. For management and record labels it's a good thing because they can get extra boost from it but we don't take it so seriously because we aren't that big in Sweden and most likely we aren't going to win it.

HardcoreSounds.Net: Let's talk a little bit about CARCASS. You are going to do a small reunion tour this summer by playing atleast in Wacken Open Air and Tuska Open Air in Finland. Where did you get the idea to reunite the band once again?

Michael Amott: That has been an idea that has been kicking around for quite awhile. It seemed like something nice to do but it really doesn't fit really well because I am always quite busy with ARCH ENEMY. It's going to be really fun to play shows with them again. Looking forward to it.

HardcoreSounds.Net: So will there be any other festivals than Tuska and Wacken?

Michael Amott: Most likely there will be six different festivals we are going to play but nothing is confirmed yet.

HardcoreSounds.Net: What are your personal expectations towards the reunion shows and sharing the stage again with Jeff Walker and Bill Steer?

Michael Amott: Nothing really, just having a good time. I am anxious to play CARCASS songs again. In ARCH ENEMY I also do a lot of stuff behind the scenes but in CARCASS I'll just play guitar so I guess that reunion tour will be some sort of mental holiday for me.

Read the entire interview at HardcoreSounds.Net.