The thread for old campers, but also new campers! What to take to Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thanks for the tip
One other question now that you mentioned... I'm not traveling in a rent car, just bus. Can I buy the beer outside(in Itzenhoe for example) and enter it to the camp ground?

you sure can! You can also go of the campgrounds and buy it at the supermarket in the village.
But keep in mind that you won't be able to bring glass bottles through the gate of the campground. (This won't be much of a problem when you come by car)

untilthelight

7 Juli 2018
This will be my first WOA experience, and I cant wait to make the unholy pilgrimage to the metal Mecca! Great thread for first-timers such as myself

I've been wondering how the prices inside the festival area are?

- beer?
- food? Also, how diverse are the options? I know germany is very fond of sausages, but I sure hope theres more stuff to choose from, hehe
- merch?
- are showers free of charge?

Me and a friend are driving from Norway and hoping to find a parking lot to park the caravan in the village somewhere, or maybe even rent a spot from some of the locals to get power etc. From what I understand the people at Wacken are very friendly towards the horde of metalheads invading their community, so hopefully this will be possible :)

Either way I cant fcking wait!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Beer: infield roughly €4 for 0.4l, camping, €2 a .5l can. Outside, as from roughly 50ct and 25ct deposit.
Food: inside roughly €4, but it depends on what you want. Outside, normal price in the Edeka supermarket.
Merch: roughly around €16
Showers etc are free of charge.

untilthelight

7 Juli 2018
Thanks! Not too bad, but ofcourse here in Norway we have to cough up €8-€9 for a beer in pubs, and around €20 for a meal :p

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
- food? Also, how diverse are the options? I know germany is very fond of sausages, but I sure hope theres more stuff to choose from, hehe

Me and a friend are driving from Norway and hoping to find a parking lot to park the caravan in the village somewhere, or maybe even rent a spot from some of the locals to get power etc. From what I understand the people at Wacken are very friendly towards the horde of metalheads invading their community, so hopefully this will be possible :)

that seems like a very limited view of germany...
Of course there is plenty of other stuff to eat!

The parking your caravan in the village is very much wishfull thinking, specially since a big part of the village will be closed for traffic.

For power you should have either booked at the camper park: http://www.camperservice-wacken.de/en/camper-park/camperpark/booking-power-and-water-supply/
Or bring your own generator like quit a few people do.

untilthelight

7 Juli 2018
Ofcourse, I was partly joking. Ive been in Germany before, I was at Rock Im Park one year. I do remember there being alot of sausages for sale everywhere tho :p

As for the caravan, yes that would've been the best option. But he just recently bought the caravan so we didnt really know we were going to be camping that way. Hopefully we'll find a way, I mean even if we have to walk 30-40 minutes to get to the festival area thats fine.

srkhasho

27 Sep. 2017
Beer: infield roughly €4 for 0.4l, camping, €2 a .5l can. Outside, as from roughly 50ct and 25ct deposit.
Food: inside roughly €4, but it depends on what you want. Outside, normal price in the Edeka supermarket.
ohh thank you, i was wondering about this,is a few expensive inside, do you know if we can only pay with cash infield? maybe is a stupid question

Quark hoe gaat het met je? Lang niet gelezen!