The thread for old campers, but also new campers! What to take to Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
jaja, thank you "thesubtleknife".
I have one camping question, i bought 3-Days "ALL IN" Ticket W:O:A 2018, i believe this is with camping access right? should i re-confirm my camping place?
what do you know about tents renter? is it recommendable? because i am going to take one for the 3 festival days and i believe is too expensive pay 100 euros for it... but how i will be traveling around 1 month in europe.. maybe is better rent one and not buy a new one and carry it for all the my trip... its not very confortable
thank you!
The rental service is called Mein Zelt steht schon. I reckon they'll be announcing any news, rates etc soon enough. Just keep an eye on the news.

Darkfang

W:O:A Metalhead
@srkhasho : the on-site tent rental service is #1. I used it twice and it's well organised. If you're short on budget and you don't want to bring your own, shop in Hamburg for a tent and once the festival is done, disassemble it. The wacken personnel will probably gave it to a charitable organizations or something.
For me, 100euro is fine. I don't have to bring anything, the tent is already pitched. I drop my stuff, drink beer and relax :).

And yes, Martin is awesome

srkhasho

27 Sep. 2017
thanks for the response guys, i agree with you @Darkfang its better rent it and arrive to the festival and only drink beer or listen music.. nothing else to do.

shin01176

16 Juni 2017
Me and my bud used Mein Zelt last year, we were the smucks in the Kartents. Great location, great help, also good area that didn't turn to mud/sludge.

This year we are going to bring our own tents though and save some money.

30 Sep. 2016
North Bay Area, California
Me and my bud used Mein Zelt last year, we were the smucks in the Kartents. Great location, great help, also good area that didn't turn to mud/sludge.

Last year, our group was over in camp F(aka "Fuck Town" :D), our tents were in a decent spot about a 3 minute walk from the Mein Zelt booth. Only problems that we'd have is that whenever the occasional downpour came through the wind was strong enough to pull the stakes out for some of the tarps. Speaking of the tarps, depending on how they tied them down, you may find yourself reenacting "Indiana Jones" trying not to trip over one while stumbling back to your tent!! Besides that, they were usually pretty quick to get someone over to give you a hand setting the tarps back up.

We didn't have any mud-sludge issues since we were sort of on a slope. However, toward the bottom of camp F leading into the main market area and entrance was a total mud swamp. Without mud boots, as a friend explained when caught in a downpour, you'll get caught "in the shit." :eek:

megaMUERTE

31 Mai 2010
Annyone has a cheaper recommendation for renting a tent than the two official providers? it's cheaper to just buy a tent before....

shin01176

16 Juni 2017
Can I get a cheap sleeping bag in Hamburg, right?

Me and my bud stopped by the "Familia" store around Itzenhoe, we picked up a lot us Beer, cheap bed rolls and I grabbed a like 20-30 euro sleeping bag. We plan on stopping there again this year and grabbing a couple boxes of the 0,5 Festival beers to better prepare this year.

PipeCL

8 Mai 2018
Me and my bud stopped by the "Familia" store around Itzenhoe, we picked up a lot us Beer, cheap bed rolls and I grabbed a like 20-30 euro sleeping bag. We plan on stopping there again this year and grabbing a couple boxes of the 0,5 Festival beers to better prepare this year.
Thanks for the tip
One other question now that you mentioned... I'm not traveling in a rent car, just bus. Can I buy the beer outside(in Itzenhoe for example) and enter it to the camp ground?