Line-up-Laberthread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MetallKopp

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
Parts of the ideology of Islam involves violence and oppression. That what causes maniacs like this to carry out these attacks.
Islam has a major problem that needs to be addressed.

I agree that interview is completely bias, anyone who has seen or heard anything produced by gavin mcinnes knows his views on Islam. Always important to remember who is writing an article and what their motive is.

And again to answer your last point it's all about motive. What is hughes motivation for lying? I don't believe he said these things just for the sake of it, what would be the purpose? To gain some credibility with racists? That seems more far fetched to me than his account of what happened.

I really don't like the argument that Muslims are the biggest victims though. Try telling that to the families of all those who have died in Europe as a result of Islamic terrorism in the past few years.

Yeah, well, it's all about how people interpret the scripture.
I agree that there's plenty stuff in Koran which encourages hatemongers and extremists. That is why I said it's ok to say that Islam has a problem with extremists, and it's not helping if we just keep saying that terrorists have nothing to do with Islam.

If you take away all the names from the Bible and Koran, you will find plenty of violence in both books. It's just what people make out of it that decides whether they go with the violent passages or the peaceful ones. Modern Christian societies mostly rely on the peaceful way. Islam has undergone a different development in its history, though. And if you look where Islamic terrorists come from nowadays then you have countries that have economic and societal reasons to hate the big Christian countries. This makes it super easy for hatemongers to use religion like that.

But then again, we first need to understand that Islam as a religion is already part of our lives in our very own countries. It's not some evil that can be driven back to where it came from. Their problems are ultimately ours and can only be resolved in dialogue, not in a cultural war between factions. If we accept this fact, we can begin forming a dialogue which leads us to adress the problems Islam is facing. "You're evil, go away" won't do anything.

Motive. What motivation would Hughes have for lying?
As I said, we cannot prove or disprove his statements. You know what, I don't think he's lying intentionally. Not at all.
It's just that he has his views how things would be with Islam and everything. The situation was extreme. Dangerous. Hell, perhaps he was also high on something. So he noticed certain things and maybe put them in a wrong context or mistook them. Who can say what he saw? Reason why the backstage entrance was open could've been for any reason. He claimed back there a round had been fired. Perhaps someone fled outside?
So, I'm not saying Hughes is lying. But people tend to see things or claim to see things which confirm their own views, because people have their opinions and cannot be neutral.

As for your last paragraph, well, tell the families of plane crash victims that flying is the safest way to travel. It diesn't do them any good, but nevertheless it's true. This argument was just to show that there's no war between Islam and the rest of humanity. It shows that there's a huge problem inside Islam, but it's different from what people like Hughes believe.

TheToecutter

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Jan. 2017
Nice post.

The plane bit isn't really comparable though, accidents happen after all.

You're right the Bible has its fair share of violence too. The fact Christians aren't constantly committing terrorist attacks in the name God just shows how much more evolved Christianity has become. I don't think there is much appetite to evolve Islam from within the religion and that a a big worry long term.

Anyway I've definitely dragged this far too off topic.

Sodom for Wacken 2017!!! \m/

Blake

Schnucki
5 Aug. 2014
Rheinhessen
You obviously don't trust him which is fair enough but he is an eye witness at a major crime so I don't believe he would lie. We're obviously not going to agree though.

Show me a newspaper that reliably reports the truth and I will give you a medal. I don't think newspapers can be used to judge the truth.

And farage has done very well. He's achieved his life's work, his profile has never been higher and I'm sure he's made lots and lots of money off the back of brexit through TV appearances etc.
He is the only eye witness of hundreds/thousands people who talks about this stuff.

New York Times, Washington Post, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Die Zeit etc. There a lot of reliable newspaper.

Farage may have a good life, but would you trust this guy? He fought for the Brexit and when the British people voted for the brexit he quitted his job and all the other politicians have to deal with the result. A trustful politician would try to make a good deal for his company.
Thats just like a boss who sells his company to another company and retires when he founds out, that the new management will fire a lot of people.

Stalker

14 Aug. 2015
Umso häufiger ich das Lied "A dream that cannot be" von der Jomsviking Scheibe höre, umso intensiver beschleicht mich der Verdacht, dass Doro dieses Jahr auch auftritt. :eek:

Reaktionen: Popofletscher

Stalker

14 Aug. 2015
Würde mich in dem Fall nichtmal stören :)

Mich auch nicht - bin immer noch Doro-Jungfrau :)

Viel wird abseits des Battles nicht mehr kommen - vielleicht noch eine Band aus dem Mittelfeld für die Hauptbühnen und noch kleinere Bands.

Iron Mask und Black Messiah wären noch fein :o

Stalker

14 Aug. 2015
Dann kann er ja während eines Gitarrenoder Drumsolo schnell rüberhüpfen. Spielt Napalm Death denn überhaupt in der NTD?

Ja

"Diese pechschwarze Knüppelnacht findet künftig parallel zur Night To Remember am Donnerstag statt und bietet allen Freunden des gepflegten Lärms ein handverlesenes Programm.

Die bereits angekündigten Shows von Mayhem und Napalm Death bilden das Fundament, dazu gesellen sich die folgenden Acts:

Aborted
Imperium Dekadenz
Dawn of Disease
Brujeria
Bathuska"

http://www.wacken.com/de/news/news/...der-wir-praesentieren-die-night-to-dismember/