Beer shops

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

maninacanoe

16 Mai 2015
So last year myself and 2 friends flew from England to Amsterdam and hired a car and drove to Wacken. One hell of a roadtrip there and back as you can probably imagine. The thing that was most difficult though was trying to find a shop that sold canned beer. We stopped at about 6 big supermarkets on the way over and none of them sold beer. We even had someone back home do a google search for beer shops near Hamburg, gave us the directions and even they didn't sell them on packs bigger than 4. So where can we buy crates of beer near Hamburg? This year we fly into Hamburg airport and again have a hire car (so we can do whatever we like) but want to know where to go beforehand. Surely with Germany's rich history of fine craftsmanship in beer they sell it in bigger packs than 4. We did manage to get some crates in the village at Wacken but it was expensive and we would have preferred to have it there when we arrive. Wordy but any help is appreciated.

KaeptnKorn

W:O:A Metalmaster
16 Juli 2003
Hamburg
No canned beer in german supermarkets? Weird.

You could try this:

Marktkauf Langenhorn

Krohnstieg 41 - 43
22415 Hamburg

It is close to the airport and the Marktkauf supermarkets are usually pretty big, so they should have canned beer.

Hageth

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Juli 2011
Siegerland
The "Edeka" supermarket in the town of wacken has mountains canned beer for regular supermarket prices.

smi

Excactly. And every supermarket in Germany I've been in has sold (right grammar? :D) canned beer. And I've been in a few since I was born and live here :D

Steffan.Soest

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Apr. 2013
Kreis Soest
There are plenty of Supermarkets in the Netherlands as well. Me and a friend went there from GER by last week to grab our beers in need for WOA.

If you buy your canned beer in Germany, there will be a deposit per can of 0,25€.
If you buy your cans in NL there will be no deposit on the cans, so you can simply throw them away when done instead of carefully store them to carry them back to the supermarket to get your deposit back.

But be careful: you are crossing a border. So you are allowed only a fix amount of beer per person by doing so. To enter Germany with no toll/tax to be paid you are allowed to bring 110 Liters of beer per person. Still enough for a guaranteed good mood in Wacken, though ;)

Cheers, Steffan

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
There are plenty of Supermarkets in the Netherlands as well. Me and a friend went there from GER by last week to grab our beers in need for WOA.

If you buy your canned beer in Germany, there will be a deposit per can of 0,25€.
If you buy your cans in NL there will be no deposit on the cans, so you can simply throw them away when done instead of carefully store them to carry them back to the supermarket to get your deposit back.

But be careful: you are crossing a border. So you are allowed only a fix amount of beer per person by doing so. To enter Germany with no toll/tax to be paid you are allowed to bring 110 Liters of beer per person. Still enough for a guaranteed good mood in Wacken, though ;)

Cheers, Steffan

maninacanoe schrieb:
This year we fly into Hamburg airport...
Which means, no shopping in NL. (though that would've been easier last year, a Albert Heijn is easy to find)
I reckon, the reason they couldn't find canned beer, is that it might have been sold out? I mean, there's around 50,000* people going direction HH by car and most provide themselves BEFORE they arrive. (and since almost 90% has to go through HH)...

*)rough estimation!

Libbelah

16 Aug. 2008
Tange
Which means, no shopping in NL. (though that would've been easier last year, a Albert Heijn is easy to find)
I reckon, the reason they couldn't find canned beer, is that it might have been sold out? I mean, there's around 50,000* people going direction HH by car and most provide themselves BEFORE they arrive. (and since almost 90% has to go through HH)...

*)rough estimation!

And there is no canned Beer at Aldi and Lidl. :o

Steffan.Soest

19 Apr. 2013
Kreis Soest

*)rough estimation!

....whoops, i must have missed the part with Hamburg. My bad. Why not simply buy Beer at the duty free shops at the airport? At least you can take 6 liters with you :D

In my opinion it would be a good idea to travel to one of the smaller towns on the way to the WOA. May be you will be luckier with the shops in the german Outback ;)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
And there is no canned Beer at Aldi and Lidl. :o
Wie soll ich dat weten? Ich wohn da nicht! :o
....whoops, i must have missed the part with Hamburg. My bad. Why not simply buy Beer at the duty free shops at the airport? At least you can take 6 liters with you :D

In my opinion it would be a good idea to travel to one of the smaller towns on the way to the WOA. May be you will be luckier with the shops in the german Outback ;)

If you're travelling OUTSIDE of the EU. (plane ticket as proof), otherwise you pay the taxes. They travel from ENGLAND, not NEW ENGLAND (US, MA)

Steffan.Soest

19 Apr. 2013
Kreis Soest
Gibt es eigentlich irgendwas aesthetischeres und besseres als Bier aus Plastikbuddeln? :Puke:

Wer hat sich das nur wieder einfallen lassen! Das grenzt ja eigentlich an Blasphemie! :mad:

Sorrownator

9 Aug. 2010
Hedwig-Holzbein
Plastik ist gar nicht so schlecht, wie man vielleicht denken mag! ;) Sagt zumindest der Lebensmitteltechnologie-Student in mir :D

Besser sind eigentlich nur noch Dosen. Einfach zu handhaben, werden steril in der Fabrik hergestellt, absolut dicht, lichtundurchlässig. Da schlägt das Brauerherz höher! ;)

Steffan.Soest

19 Apr. 2013
Kreis Soest
Plastik ist gar nicht so schlecht, wie man vielleicht denken mag! ;) Sagt zumindest der Lebensmitteltechnologie-Student in mir :D

Besser sind eigentlich nur noch Dosen. Einfach zu handhaben, werden steril in der Fabrik hergestellt, absolut dicht, lichtundurchlässig. Da schlägt das Brauerherz höher! ;)

Da mag man ja Lebensmittel-Technologie teschnisch von halten was man mag, aber wenn es nach Puma Pisse schmeckt, dann schmeckts nach Puma Pisse :Puke: