Turisas on the WET? Yes or... NO!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
well yes, if one only knows one song of the band, it's possible, that one does not like the band.
But when you spend some time of research, you will get clear of the fact, that Turisas has a lot of fans at Wacken.
I know what I'm speaking about: 2007 it was the real hell. The tent was not full, it was fucking overloaded. I was not able to see the band - and 1000 other metalheads had the same problem.

Turisas is popular enough to fill the area of the Party Stage - and believe me: this Coheed-Band (dunno the name right now) ist not such an act. They're not that popular. The tent would be enough to them.

Well, my wish stays: Turisas has to play on another stage, or it will be death und murder in the crowd. Real murder.

And sorry for my crappy english right now . I didn't sleep well this night.

Manu.

I can't speak for german crowds but at UK metal festival when I seen Coheed and Cambria they played the main stage which can take over 100'000 an it was quite full! They're good live, but I agree Turisas really at the kind of festival wacken is should have a bigger slot, but for me the biggest bastard is Grand Magus on the WET stage :( :( :( They're one of the best bands on the bill and to get in an see them will be impossible! I am hoping everyone fucks off out the tent an gets ready for heaven and hell then I can sneak in and see them :D

Jordan

25 März 2009
but for me the biggest bastard is Grand Magus on the WET stage :( :( :( They're one of the best bands on the bill

yeah, very funny, excellent joke, thanks, you made my day !

no please tell me the best headliner is In Flames and you make my week !

:D

(yep, the troll comes back sometimes ;) )

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Turisas aren't bigger than Coheed & Cambria.

In Canada I'd definitely say Turisas is bigger, might be the same in the US though I can't confirm that. Maybe its a European or British thing but I rarely hear anyone speak Coheed and Cambria's name and those who do rarely have anything good to say about them. I more often hear people talking about Turisas by far.

Jordan

25 März 2009
Well I've never heard of both bands before they got on the line-up, so I propose a compromise : both go on the party stage on monday. :D

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
yeah, very funny, excellent joke, thanks, you made my day !

no please tell me the best headliner is In Flames and you make my week !

:D

(yep, the troll comes back sometimes ;) )

Hahahaha damn the troll.... *picks up the sword of ogre decapitation* that should do the trick *chops!*

You can't tell me Grand Magus aren't an excelent band... well you can tell me, I will just tell you your wrong :D

THen sing at ya!!!

"Defile your life with religion
And sell your soul
You put all trust in your holy man

You may deny it's illusion
Just worthless rules
You turn away when you thin you can

Corrupting life with suppression
The safest way
You wash your hands in your piety

The winds have turned in your favour
Your time is here
A congregation on a massive scale

But when the night finally falls
And when the truth finally dawns

Just like the oar strikes the water"

Good stuff... I hreally hope they clash with heaven and hell so the tent empties a bit! :)

MrHellRaiser

1 März 2004
Holon, Israel
Website besuchen
turisas in the tent = bad decision

i even felt bad about it when i had to crowdsurf into the tent from near the toilets. damn it, there was a wall of people standing outside, crazy stuff...

and really nobody heard of coheed and cambria here in israel, while turisas is a very famous band which is being playing on any metal party here for a few years already...

gjallarhorn

24 Nov. 2006
If 2007 was insane, what will 2009 be? One has to spend half the day in the tent waiting, missing out on other bands, to be able to see them play. :mad:
I was really looking forward to the Wacken show, as I can't afford to go to Bloodstock. Now it seems it will be more about fighting for your life, rather than enjoying the show. I sincerely hope W:O:A will come to their senses, and if not, at least take extra precaution in security matters for this show.

Gjallarhorn
159 cm - front row for Turisas!