W T FFFFFFFF.......

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I cannot see church and state separated in the US
theres no other way to put it except, This is fucking BAD.

Once upon a time i could understand this concept. Like 2000 years ago give or take a few. But today i see this as a whole "movement" and a threat to say the least. Theres an entire sect of people conforming to these "new" laws of religion and are using it to exploit, what theyd liek to see as a "new world order" by pushing it as far as they can go, in schools (which some in the south are already involved and teaching "creationism" among religion in PUBLIC schools) and to change other aspects of laws and life and take it as far as they can go. Now they are openly in the government making changes little by little and eventually try to alter the constitution. Its an excuse for poorly waged wars (or a "War to push Christianity" on the rest of the world, as many have said it, YES in those words!) and ignore real issues that are of real importance and,.. well the list goes on. The entire republican party is tied into this which is half of the country so yes you are right. Even if there is a non religious Republican, theyre already in it. Whats more scarier is that alot of people dont see whats really going on. Example, Prop 8, a new law passed in one of the most liberal states - California was backed by funds by and from those of the "right" arm in the government who petitioned against Gay marriage because they pumped millions into fighting it. The same "group" that i just described. Its puzzling! You should google it cause i cant even explain it all in detail and all the crap thats involved.

I can still say (arguably of course) that in the north especially where Im from, we will never buy into this but a good portion of the south and middle america are buying it at an alarming rate and its getting worse.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
My own mother a few years back became religious all of a sudden (thanks to the new group of friends she made) to the point where it was sickening,...why is the ice melting? "JESUS", why is it warmer near the equator- "JESUS", how does a bee make honey- "JESUS"! After much wasted time consuming rants and shaking my head i just gave up.
"Despite science and despite taking that medication that youre on mom, you know the one that was made through SCIENCE, ..you still choose to think this way and live by then go ahead". WTF can i do? I wont try to change her or make her see what i see, cause thats what it comes down to I suppose. Some things are just irrational when science has and can explain so many things today unlike 2000 years ago when there were no other explanations but from that of a higher power or "creator". In this day and age shouldnt one consider the obvious first?
I just hate it that young children are being home schooled to be taught only around biblical ideology and never any other side of it. Besides that and the mentality and the whole new wave of religious extremism, i dont have any problems with it. ;)

WackenOff

oh and nice name!:D

Thanks. Nice avatar.

I'm basically the most liberal Christian/Mormon I know :rolleyes::D

I've found most Mormons today, and even a fair deal of other Christians, to be quite liberal and tolerant towards other cultures and lifestyles. Of course, there are zealots and I've met my fair share of those as well. Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind (they'd make a fucking brutal metal band, but I wouldn't stand for all the gay shit). I'd often thought about starting a Mormon death metal band singing about Alma cutting off all the arms of his attackers and showing them to the king. There are some gruesome passages in the Book of Mormon. Or even in the Bible where that chick nails a tent peg through a sleeping guy's head.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
I've found most Mormons today, and even a fair deal of other Christians, to be quite liberal and tolerant towards other cultures and lifestyles. Of course, there are zealots and I've met my fair share of those as well. Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind (they'd make a fucking brutal metal band, but I wouldn't stand for all the gay shit). I'd often thought about starting a Mormon death metal band singing about Alma cutting off all the arms of his attackers and showing them to the king. There are some gruesome passages in the Book of Mormon. Or even in the Bible where that chick nails a tent peg through a sleeping guy's head.

lol yea... it's brutal :D

LaAuryn

31 Dez. 2008
Italy
there are stupid Christians, stupid Muslims, stupid Jehova's Witnesses, Stupid atheists, stupid agnostics every where there are stupid people

and even worse: narrow minded people

nice Christian quote: judge not lest ye be judged

'La madre degli idioti è sempre incinta'
Trad:
Mother of stupids is always pregnant
:p

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
on the church and state separated thing

I do not think they are separated anywhere in the world, coz as long as politicians are allowed to follow a religion, they will be influenced by it.
That is why we in NL (said to be a very liberal and progressive country... my ass!) only have 3 cities where the shops are opened every sunday. Coz the religious parties say that sunday is for resting.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
on the church and state separated thing

I do not think they are separated anywhere in the world, coz as long as politicians are allowed to follow a religion, they will be influenced by it.

well technically you can't completely separate church and state, because yea, people are influenced by it...
but that doesn't mean they have to make their beliefs the law or anything.