All alone at Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Solskinn Av Natten - I wouldn't worry about it, if you want to meet people and not trying to stay away (good luck :D) you won't have any problems :)

Thanks! it makes me feel better to hear how friendly everyone is at Wacken! I don't think I could stay away from people there, even if I tried :p

Sometimes I feel anti-social, but that's only because, here in Canada, I'm not surrounded by my extended metalhead family :D

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Should you still be looking for a welcome: We will have a well equipped camp (~30 people) with an already slight international touch (people from Sweden and South Africa). Mix of males and females, age between 20 and 30, professions ranging from apprentice to academic researchers, trueness ranging from 5% to 95%. Temporary addiction to beer is very prevalent within this group. Readiness to help others ranging from "don't care" to "sure, always". English ranging from nonexistent to fluent.

Should you see yourself fit into this vague description of a group, you'd be welcome to join our camp to start WOA2K8 with a few first contacts and to have a safe base. We'll be arriving on Wednesday around 0800 (a.m.). I'd be glad to add you -- and thereby some more diverseness -- to our camp. For more details just contact me via pm or via this thread.

That's really nice of you, thanks! :) I may just take you up on that offer!
I'll be arriving on the Wednesday, as well, but probably a bit later than you (whenever I can get on a shuttle bus, or share a taxi). Do you already have a campsite in mind?

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
I believe I'll have to be more social than I've ever been in my life. The alcohol, methinks, will help.

You wound us, lass.

It might be tough at first, being surrounded by people all day & night, but I'm sure we'll manage somehow! Metal is a bonding experience ;)

Aw... that's not what I meant :o I just mean that I'd rather have hopes than expectations, in order to avoid being disappointed! Of course the men at Wacken will be of the highest calibre :p

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
It might be tough at first, being surrounded by people all day & night, but I'm sure we'll manage somehow! Metal is a bonding experience ;)

Aw... that's not what I meant :o I just mean that I'd rather have hopes than expectations, in order to avoid being disappointed! Of course the men at Wacken will be of the highest calibre :p

Trust me i've done 5 wackens, you cant not meet people, becuase people will just intorduce themselves or throw you a beer!!

Youll be fine, just live for the party, youll be laughing at the other side, saying what was i worried about and booking next years tix lol!!

If your a metalhead, then metal is your religion and mecca is called Wacken!!

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Trust me i've done 5 wackens, you cant not meet people, becuase people will just intorduce themselves or throw you a beer!!

Youll be fine, just live for the party, youll be laughing at the other side, saying what was i worried about and booking next years tix lol!!

If your a metalhead, then metal is your religion and mecca is called Wacken!!

You said it best. I can't wait! :D :D :D :D :D

cwes

6 Mai 2007
That's really nice of you, thanks! :) I may just take you up on that offer!
You'll be most welcome.
I'll be arriving on the Wednesday, as well, but probably a bit later than you (whenever I can get on a shuttle bus, or share a taxi). Do you already have a campsite in mind?
For campsite I do have my preferences, however we'll have to deal with wherever they assign us to.

It's a bit problematic to keep free some space for people arriving later; simultaneous arrival simplifies everything. It may be possible to cramp in one or two tents later on, though.

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
OK guys, I am now all alone in Hamburg! I've lost my Canadian friends and am wandering around alone. If anyone wants to grab a coffee or a beer, PM me and I'll check my email regularly throughout the day.

Otherwise, come to the Headbanger's Ballroom tonight (Große Elbstraße 14) and find me there :D