All alone at Wacken!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Solskinn Av Natten, 29. Juni 2008.

1. deadwinter

deadwinter Newbie

Hi Solskin:

I'm glad to hear you decided to go. I too am going it alone. This is my first year: after a rather rough year on the personal front, I decided that a pilgrimage would do me good. I am puzzled and bewildered by the transportation choices (haven't even booked my flight from the States), but I am also very excited.

I'd love to say I'll say hi to you, but you know, 70K people is a lot of people.

As far as friendliness goes, if the people are as cool as most of the people I've met at other European festivals, you should be fine.

Now, what is this I hear about a Forum camp?

-deadwinter

2. Sipyloidea

Sipyloidea W:O:A Metalgod

unfortunatly you have to register for the camp and the deadline has ended already. Sorry for that. But I guess you can always come visit. And btw. at "forum meetings" is a thread called "mugshots". There you can see us people from the camp. So if you see someone from that thread at the festival, just say hi ;)

3. Solskinn Av Natten

Solskinn Av Natten W:O:A Metalhead

Deadwinter, that's just the reason I want to go! After a sad breakup with my bf, and some other troubles, a metal pilgrimage is just the thing a broken heart needs :cool: I'm sure you will find the same.

I did post my pic in the 'Mug Shots' section of the board, and Lord Soth kindly put my pic on the W:O:A Forum Gallery. Anyway, you'll spot me, no problem -- I'll be wearing all black :p

4. Solskinn Av Natten

That's ok! We can swing by and find you :) There is also a decided-on meeting place, so we can all be in the same place at once, if only for a few moments :D

5. Sipyloidea

Sipyloidea W:O:A Metalgod

don't worry, I know that ;) I'm signed in since months already :p

6. canadawacken08

canadawacken08 Newbie

I am going with a group of 6 other canadians, from Winnipeg actually, you're free to stop by, our group we'll try to erect some sort of flag thing there anyway.

We've got a few women in our group as well, and it's all of our first wacken! lol

7. Canuck

Canuck W:O:A Metalhead

The Germans who's camps I've drunkenly wandered into have been quite receptive, and couldn't believe I'd come all that way for Wacken...so you should be fine. Often a ceremonial trading of alcohols is a nice thing to do. People seem to be fascinated to see Canadians there:p

8. Solskinn Av Natten

Excellent! I will keep an eye out for maple leaves on flags...

9. slayerofrage

slayerofrage W:O:A Metalhead

Now why doesnt being Scottish Male and Bearded usually with new friends and old friends get you free beer!! Damn it!!

10. gnoff

gnoff W:O:A Metalmaster

Being Swedish and bearded usually works for me :D

It does help to speak a bit of German though, best if you stick to funny/crazy stuff :p

11. gnoff

gnoff W:O:A Metalmaster

Solskinn Av Natten - I wouldn't worry about it, if you want to meet people and not trying to stay away (good luck :D) you won't have any problems :)

12. slayerofrage

slayerofrage W:O:A Metalhead

Lol, yes that I know!!

Schotlander works quite well!!

13. cwes

cwes W:O:A Metalhead

Should you still be looking for a welcome: We will have a well equipped camp (~30 people) with an already slight international touch (people from Sweden and South Africa). Mix of males and females, age between 20 and 30, professions ranging from apprentice to academic researchers, trueness ranging from 5% to 95%. Temporary addiction to beer is very prevalent within this group. Readiness to help others ranging from "don't care" to "sure, always". English ranging from nonexistent to fluent.

Should you see yourself fit into this vague description of a group, you'd be welcome to join our camp to start WOA2K8 with a few first contacts and to have a safe base. We'll be arriving on Wednesday around 0800 (a.m.). I'd be glad to add you -- and thereby some more diverseness -- to our camp. For more details just contact me via pm or via this thread.

14. deadwinter

deadwinter Newbie

I believe I'll have to be more social than I've ever been in my life. The alcohol, methinks, will help.

You wound us, lass.

15. Quark

Quark Der Beste, und anscheinend einer der "Bekloppten"

We'll get you through

Diese Seite empfehlen