All alone at Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Hi, everyone! Thought I'd share my little Wacken story as it's been progressing so far...

Not only will this be my first Wacken, I was originally planning to go with a friend. He's already been to the holy metal mecca, so he knows the basics and could show me around. Also, we're both hardcore metal fiends, so I knew we'd have an awesome time! Well, we went to buy the tickets ON THE VERY DAY they sold out! I just happened to check the Wacken web site one last time, before going off to the bank, you know, just to be sure... and saw 'Thanks for your support'! What?!! :eek:

Some freaking out and panic followed. Fortunately, we were able to buy 2 (rather extravagantly priced) tickets from a fellow on eBay. Our plans continued to evolve, until that fateful day when my friend said, 'well, about that... I don't think I can go'. He'd changed his mind! Shocked, I decided to put my ticket up for sale on eBay. I still had to book the time off work, get flight tickets, etc. Maybe I should forego the whole experience, I thought.

Fortunately, I came to my senses. I don't need him -- I'm going alone!! You guys are full of excellent advice here. Hopefully I will remember at least some of it :p

SO, if you see a tall, blonde Canadian girl wandering about the Wacken grounds, bier in hand and looking rather lost... come and say hi! :D

gee jay

W:O:A Metalmaster
11 März 2008
White Plains, New York
SO, if you see a tall, blonde Canadian girl wandering about the Wacken grounds, bier in hand and looking rather lost... come and say hi!

Damn.. I knew I should've kept my ticket and went by myself !!!!
D'oh !!!

mental_mercury

18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
Hi, everyone! Thought I'd share my little Wacken story as it's been progressing so far...

Not only will this be my first Wacken, I was originally planning to go with a friend. He's already been to the holy metal mecca, so he knows the basics and could show me around. Also, we're both hardcore metal fiends, so I knew we'd have an awesome time! Well, we went to buy the tickets ON THE VERY DAY they sold out! I just happened to check the Wacken web site one last time, before going off to the bank, you know, just to be sure... and saw 'Thanks for your support'! What?!! :eek:

Some freaking out and panic followed. Fortunately, we were able to buy 2 (rather extravagantly priced) tickets from a fellow on eBay. Our plans continued to evolve, until that fateful day when my friend said, 'well, about that... I don't think I can go'. He'd changed his mind! Shocked, I decided to put my ticket up for sale on eBay. I still had to book the time off work, get flight tickets, etc. Maybe I should forego the whole experience, I thought.

Fortunately, I came to my senses. I don't need him -- I'm going alone!! You guys are full of excellent advice here. Hopefully I will remember at least some of it :p

SO, if you see a tall, blonde Canadian girl wandering about the Wacken grounds, bier in hand and looking rather lost... come and say hi! :D

I wish I had come to my senses...

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
good plan!

I learned, by going to Wacken the first time alone, that it's a really good plan. :D Being a lone female in the campgrounds, is a particularly great way to get free beer offers....being blond is probably a bonus. :p

Feicht

7 Juni 2008
Sandusky
Glad to hear someone doing this. My friend bailed on me last year too, but I went by myself anyway and ended up having a helluva time. (Coincidentally, the bastard is coming with me this year, haha :D) It helps if you know somebody-- I pulled some "internet pal" strings-- but still, you'd have to be the most antisocial person on the planet to be surrounded by 70k people who you have major things in common with, and not meet some cool people :)

EDIT: Though, since you're a girl I don't think I have to remind you you may receive some not-necessarily-wanted attention as well :D But it's all rather harmless, I'd say.

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Glad to hear someone doing this. My friend bailed on me last year too, but I went by myself anyway and ended up having a helluva time. (Coincidentally, the bastard is coming with me this year, haha :D) It helps if you know somebody-- I pulled some "internet pal" strings-- but still, you'd have to be the most antisocial person on the planet to be surrounded by 70k people who you have major things in common with, and not meet some cool people :)

EDIT: Though, since you're a girl I don't think I have to remind you you may receive some not-necessarily-wanted attention as well :D But it's all rather harmless, I'd say.

Cool! Nice to hear that your solo trip went well. I have high hopes for mine now :) I am supposed to meet an 'internet friend' in Hamburg before Wacken, but he doesn't have a ticket, so we're just going to hang out for a day or so.

I appreciate the warning! But I'm not too worried. In fact, I'm looking forward to being surrounded by long-haired metalheads! :D

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii

Welcome and I know that you'll have a great time, and leave having made some new friends there.

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
I learned, by going to Wacken the first time alone, that it's a really good plan. :D Being a lone female in the campgrounds, is a particularly great way to get free beer offers....being blond is probably a bonus. :p
yea, that's right :D:D (personal experience ;))

it's more than 70k ;) and you're really right. You'll always meet people to hang around with. In doubt just search for a nice camp and place yourself right in the middle of the people. They will welcome you ;)
And the "extra attention" is kinda nice sometimes :D
Cool! Nice to hear that your solo trip went well. I have high hopes for mine now :) I am supposed to meet an 'internet friend' in Hamburg before Wacken, but he doesn't have a ticket, so we're just going to hang out for a day or so.

I appreciate the warning! But I'm not too worried. In fact, I'm looking forward to being surrounded by long-haired metalheads! :D
don't expect too much of the guys there :p But hoping is a good attitude ;)
Oh and meeting internet pals is always good ;) You could also have a look at the forum camp

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
yea, that's right :D:D (personal experience ;))

it's more than 70k ;) and you're really right. You'll always meet people to hang around with. In doubt just search for a nice camp and place yourself right in the middle of the people. They will welcome you ;)
And the "extra attention" is kinda nice sometimes :D

don't expect too much of the guys there :p But hoping is a good attitude ;)
Oh and meeting internet pals is always good ;) You could also have a look at the forum camp

I think the forum camp is one of the first places I'll visit, once at Wacken. (After finding myself a drinking horn, that is... can't be wandering around empty-handed.)

I guess I was a bit nervous that people would not be so welcoming, as you said, but perhaps this is another way that Europe differs from Canada. (Here, if you sit next to someone and start talking, everyone will stare and go silent!) Thanks for the tips :)

As for guys, I don't expect too much, but I always like to hope ;)