First Wacken... help appreciated

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Does jetlag cause any problems? I've only flown across two or three time zones and I don't remember it causing any problems... but across an ocean is another thing...??

just try to keep your normal routine.
I know from friend who flew from here to Hong Kong, 1 slept after they arrived and "lost" 3 days getting back to normal, the other kept awake till in night, though he did sleep very long that first night, the second day he was alright....

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
Yeah

Yeah, it can be fatiguing the first day, but it's better in the long run to stay up and put the whole time zone thing out of your head as soon as you get there.
Drinking a lot of water and OJ on the way is supposed to help, too.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Yeah, it can be fatiguing the first day, but it's better in the long run to stay up and put the whole time zone thing out of your head as soon as you get there.
Drinking a lot of water and OJ on the way is supposed to help, too.

And remember, you'll arrive in the morning if you leave late in the afternoon. In pure time, this may only take about "only" 4 hours on a 6 hours flight. (Sleep in the plane then!)

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
I went to the US once and the first day I was rather tired. Wanted to go to sleep at 5pm (EST) but everyone told me not to do so.

A day later all went well.

To know that there is a 6 hours difference between the US (EST) and Europe (CET). In other words, it's 6 hours later here.

Cool, I think I'll be okay with being a little tired. I'll probably get there Wednesday sometime and then maybe sleep a little longer that night.

About what time to the bands start playing Thursday?

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Has anyone ridden the Metal Train to WOA? I plan to do that this year, from Koblenz to Itzehoe. Is it a good experience, fun? Any idea what it costs?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Has anyone ridden the Metal Train to WOA? I plan to do that this year, from Koblenz to Itzehoe. Is it a good experience, fun? Any idea what it costs?

I was thinking about it myself but don't know yet.

www.metal-train.de

I thought it was 80€ from Cologne (for a return ticket of course) excluding the festival ticket. A combi will be about 100€ more expensive (of course)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

mental_mercury

18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
I'm beating myself up for not being able to fully understand their website...is it possible to begin on the metal train in Bayern, let's say, Munchen, and if so how much will it cost?

...i can't wait for next semester to start so i can get going with german again!! :mad:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I'm beating myself up for not being able to fully understand their website...is it possible to begin on the metal train in Bayern, let's say, Munchen, and if so how much will it cost?

...i can't wait for next semester to start so i can get going with german again!! :mad:

Oh, i see. The cities it picks people up from are Stuttgart, Mannheim, Mainz, Koblenz, Koln, and Essen. Now to get to planning...

If you're talking about the Metal Train, it also says that a bus will be running from both Zürich HB (in Switserland) and München Ost/Hbf to Stuttgart. From there you can take the Metal Train.

I'm thinking about it too, only problem, you have to get up at 4am or something like that on Sunday. And that's not the idea of a festival for me! (on the other hand, no lines at the shuttle buses then)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I was thinking about it myself but don't know yet.

www.metal-train.de

I thought it was 80€ from Cologne (for a return ticket of course) excluding the festival ticket. A combi will be about 100€ more expensive (of course)

If you're talking about the Metal Train, it also says that a bus will be running from both Zürich HB (in Switserland) and München Ost/Hbf to Stuttgart. From there you can take the Metal Train.

I'm thinking about it too, only problem, you have to get up at 4am or something like that on Sunday. And that's not the idea of a festival for me! (on the other hand, no lines at the shuttle buses then)

Correction/Addition to the above.

A return ticket from Cologne is €93 (± US$139.50) excluding the Wacken Ticket including the shuttle IZ-Wacken

The same from Stuttgart is €113. (€1.00 = ± US$1.50 makes it ± US$169.50) From München to Stuttgart is an additional €35 (US$52.50)

Zuletzt bearbeitet: