First Wacken... help appreciated

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
I plan on going to the Wacken 08 and hopefully visiting Scandinavia and other European countries. I'm from the United States, never been to Wacken or even Europe, I don't speak German... I don't even have any euros. :]
Any tips would be appreciated.
Like when should I have my tickets ordered before they sell out?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
I plan on going to the Wacken 08 and hopefully visiting Scandinavia and other European countries. I'm from the United States, never been to Wacken or even Europe, I don't speak German... I don't even have any euros. :]

1st.
Read the sticky on top of the Talk board. it answers a lot of questions
2nd.
get your tickets asap

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

1st.
Read the sticky on top of the Talk board. it answers a lot of questions
2nd.
get your tickets asap

English will do. Most Europeans speak English, though sometimes with a horrible accent. :D

IF you're travelling more than only Germany, I'd recommand Euro-Rail. Info at your travel agent! (as Euro-Rail is NOT for sale in Europe!) Furthermore, the European version is only for Europeans, so you won't be able to buy them here as well. (You need ID to prove your location)

And a passport is required to enter Europe! A simple ID won't do it. (if any questions about that, contact the German Embassy in the US for example)

Euros can be obtained at any bank either in the US or in Europe. But know that one € is about US$1.50 now! That might change, so it's up to you to do your exchange. (but you cannot pay in US$ here)

And for more info, go to your local travel agent.

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
NOW, is the best time to order tickets, look for airfare, and start memorizing the most basic phrases in each country you plan to go to.

It is a good idea to get a travel consultant ($40+), if you don't know what you're doing. If you live near a University, check to see if they have a student travel agency. They're normally open to all, and likely to be more helpful than a normal travel agency, that will try to sell you stuff you don't need.

Look for tips on forums like eurotrip.com, travelpunk.com, lonely planet etc......there are lots.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Well, thanks everyone... I've read and found out a lot about what I wanted to know, plus some I didn't... which leads me to ask

If I don't drink, will I be shot? ;]

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Well, thanks everyone... I've read and found out a lot about what I wanted to know, plus some I didn't... which leads me to ask

If I don't drink, will I be shot? ;]

Well, I'm sure there are others that don't drink either, but I'm guessing most do drink.

I've had days at Wacken I haven't had anything to drink, but I wouldn't do a whole festival ;)

There will be loads of drunk people around though, so I hope you don't have any problems with other people drinking :p

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Does jetlag cause any problems? I've only flown across two or three time zones and I don't remember it causing any problems... but across an ocean is another thing...??

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Does jetlag cause any problems? I've only flown across two or three time zones and I don't remember it causing any problems... but across an ocean is another thing...??

I went to the US once and the first day I was rather tired. Wanted to go to sleep at 5pm (EST) but everyone told me not to do so.

A day later all went well.

To know that there is a 6 hours difference between the US (EST) and Europe (CET). In other words, it's 6 hours later here.