Which bands should call it a day?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Korgull

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2002
Söderhamn,Sweden
Website besuchen
Blackwizard69
Motörhead is the only old band that still bring good music if you ask me even if the last one made me a bit disappointed.But they alway put on a great show when playing live.And I have bought a Saxon album the last 10 years even if I had to hear it since I were gonna make an interview with then,othervise I´m sure I hadn´t bought one.

Sorts
Napalm Death still delivers if you ask me !

Sorts

4 März 2002
Estonia
www.metal.ee
Korgull, Napalm Death is doing their
job nice but it's boring to listen the same old thing over and over again.
Same goes to the AC/DC.
They may be good live bands (never seen them on stage) but whats the point to make almost same kind albums in a row.
Though I could not imagine those bands
not existing any more :)
Just my opinion.
Maybe I just don't understand the phenomenon of AC/DC & Napalm Death or whatever.

That goes for Judas Priest too. I've been to a concert of them once but I was bored to death. All the other people were going like crazy. I've been to the final Crematory concert on WOA 2001 and I was bored to death also. All the other (mainly German) people just went nuts..

VimFuego

22 Jan. 2002
Toronto, Canada
vimfuego.freeservers.com
i love all the Shit-o-war bashing! they almost got into a fight with the entire crowd in toronto when they played with Immortal here.

msg to the fur diapered neanderthals: "hey dicks! you suck and every performer knows that you don't call your audience "assholes" and tell them off for trying to have a good time during your lack lustre show of boring bonehead metal."

this thread should be called:
"Which bands should we find a hole in the space-time continuum just to go back and erase them from existence?"

grazo

3 März 2002
USA
Website besuchen
Metallica should the first on the list.

I don't know why some people say that Slayer should call it a day.
They are one of the true and honest bands in the metal scene. They have been working hard all these years to keep alive. They have been going to some changes in music, but that is part of the evolution of a band they couldn't keep playing the same that they played in 1986 in other way they could be history by now.
If you have been in any of their gigs you don't let me lie, those shows are killer, full of classic tunes, and true metal.

SSSSSLLLLLAAAAAYYYYYEEEEERRRRR. FOREVER

scareall

2 März 2002
scotland
Website besuchen
Bands/solo performers who should call it a day

Rose Tattoo
Bruce Dickinson
Kreator
King Diamond
Testament
Rob Halford
AC/DC
Metallica
Slayer(after seasons)
And too many to mention

Well you asked, so here is my list
Enjoy.

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
Bands not mentioned who should kick the bucket now

Morbid Angel - Havent released a good album in years, their last appearance at Wacken was terrible.

Cannibal Corpse - The first few releases were ok, but they have just gone downhill since.

Overkill - Arent these guys past it now?

Annihilator - They werent very good years ago, but then thrash is back with a vengeance

Sodom - The last albums have been very average and their live shows suck, would be better giving up

There are many others, but I cant be bothered mentioning any more

Lee