What was the VERY first Metal album you bought

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metal Pede

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
Hey, it's rather funny how you all go "well, if Kiss is metal..." or "If you think Bon Jovi is Metal then..."...

To me everything is Metal right from AC/DC to some grindcore-band. When I heard Helloween's Keeper 1 album the first time, I thought it was thrash metal or something. And what about the first time I heard Metallica's Fight Fire With Fire, I was sure that this kind of brutal Metal would never end up in my collection :D

Everybody just seems to be listening to harder and harder stuff, the longer they listen to this wonderfull genre.

To many non-Metal people, Bon Jovi is actually quite hard, and I still believe it's a part of the Heavy Metal scene, placed in the "soft" end of the whole scale... :)

Correct me if you think I'm wrong, BUT at the same time think about how hard your very first heavy experience really was :)

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
you are right, of course. Though I´m still wondering if I´ll end up with some Grindcore stuff sometime :D

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
I have no fucking idea..
The first lp i bought was Sex Pistols - Never mind the bullocs..
I guess the first (metal) have to be one of this 3.
Venom - Black Metal
Motörhead - Ace of Spades
Metallica - Kill'em All

Whatever it was of them that came first....

Erdo

16 Nov. 2002
Sandviken
inte en jävla aning

Well, the first album bought under legal circumstances would be a few of Stratovarius midtime releases. Or perhaps Rage... must have been early, sience I've nowadays got so fucking loads of Lingua Mortis CDs.

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
I guess I don't agree that Kiss and Bon Jovi is Metal. I think we could call it Hard Rock or Heavy Rock...but personally I think it should be a bit rougher to be in the Metal Genre. One of those early bands that started in the crossing between rock and metal in my poinion is Accept, started as Rock and became harder and harder - ended up as Metal. But I'm sure alot of you disagree...

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
My first experiende with hard music is with a GnR-concert on television when I was very young. Listened to albums from my father of Black sabbath, Deep purple and Metallica.
My first own metal album was Megadeth-Cryptic writings
I may consider myself as a newby:)