Wacken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
hail fellow metal-ers

i am coming form the usa, my first time @ wacken and in europe. i was wondering if anyone can tell me about train travel from amsterdam to the festival. are there overnite trains that are not expensive? europass is sooo much money-i'd rather save my cash for some new my dying bride shirts. please if anyone can help-and i'm givin a holler to any fellow americans who are going.

thanx,
mntl.

p.s. is anyone going to San Open Air in Germany on 08/08/02?

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
@mntlsuiside: Me and my b/f plan to go to Amsterdam first before going to Wacken, but we aren't sure yet. Over the next few days we'll inform ourselves about the prices, also about the train connection Amsterdam-Itzehoe (nearst station to Wacken). Maybe we can help you with our information then.

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
thanx for the reply, thordis. i would appreciate if you could let me know what you find. where are you from? my b/f and i are going together also. i'm so confused about buying tents and camp stuff, but i still can't wait. how far is wacken from the train-do you know? i mean can we walk?

and yes i meant the party. sans in bad berka, lord. the site is under construction and there's no info for me to get tix and camp stuff.

metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
well last year I went by car and my b/f (he wasn't my b/f in that time) went with a friend by train. Well from Itzehoe you go to Wacken approx. 40 - 50 km by car (don't remember) but there are shuttle busses from Itzehoe station to the W:O:A-Area... However, I don't know how much they cost.

Well I try to get that information asap, unfortunaly I'm busy these days... but I'll try my best.

We're from Linz, Upper-Austria.

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
hey lord,

i tried your link, but it takes me back to the homepage that says the site is under construction. however, when i clicked on "openair's" it gives me the ticket info. in german-not english. i'm just gonna keep checking it for the english version. do you know if they are having camping there as well, and is grave playing? it says they are on their website, but i don't see them on the billing.

thanx for writing back, dude.

Lord Horb

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
hhhmmmmm well try hitting the link, then go to the German version... then like in the middle of the screen you see "Billing 2002"... there you can check who's playing and who's not... all I know about Grave is that they are supposed to play the Party.San!!! and Kreator is supposed to be headliner but they aren't on the billing yet either....
but anyway, The Crown, Bewitched, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Dew-Scented, Obscenity, Sinister, Borknagar, Hypnos, My darkest Hate, Callenish Circle, Viu Drakh and NECROPHOBIC!!!!!!!!!!!! should be reason enough to go to that fest, even if Grave won't play!!!

about the camping... sure you can camp there!!! and it's free! there won't be any showers but that's ok, we all need to stink a lil sometimes ;)

if you need information about the tickets.. just ask and I'll try to help you!

mntlsuiside

29 Jan. 2002
nyc
Website besuchen
lord,

thanx for being so nice about all my questions, i was so worried that everyone overseas would get annoyed with us americans-even if we unite in the name of METAL! i'm gonna check it out again as per your instructions and see what i come up with.
so camping there is free?! that's awesome. I CAN'T WAIT FOR NECROPHOBIC-it'll be my first time seeing them. and i'm going of course even if grave doesn't play-there's lotsa good other bands playing so......
do they have shirts and cd's there also for sale? what do the tix cost? and last of all have far is this festival from amsterdam? i'm going to amst. after wacken and coming back to germany for party.san.

let me know if my questions get to be a pain in the a**! })

what's the camping scene like at wacken anyway? is it cool or is it very strict? and i'm hoping to make friends, this will be my first metal camp-out.
where are you from? do you know anything about the trains in germany? i need alot of help.

i figure i can pay you back in beer at the festival for all your help-lol

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
I don't mind americans... my girlfriend's american too ;) she's coming over for Wacken and the Party.San as well

well how far is Bad Berka from Amsterdam... the fastest train from Amsterdam Centraal to Weimar (that's the station where you have to leave the train) is 10 hours and a half!!! that one would be on the road all night long so you could probably sleep in there... other trains take like 13 hours to get to Weimar!

I saw Necrophobic at the same festival (Party.San) in 2000... they played under a full moon!!!! holy shit, one of the most impressing gigs ever!!!! :D

and yes, both festivals, Wacken and the Party.San, sell shirts, cds and videos and everything you've ever been looking for! ;)

don't worry about camping... 2 minutes after you built up your tent you've already made a couple friends!! you can also bring all the booze and food that you want.. get drunk whenever you feel like it and no one's gonna complain about it!!!
so, yeah, camping at metal festivals is the best thing ever!!! the metal-family just rules :D

tickets for the Party.San are less than $30.. for three days that's more than a fair price!

I don't know why you wanna know this, but I am from western Germany... hmm kinda near Collogne...
and yeah, pay me in beer and Met hehe :D
;)
peace,
later!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
No problem with speaking English. The festival is becoming more and more international, there are a lot of scandinavians etc. who do speak English pretty well. Last year even German people adressed me in English because it could be that I´m not German... :D