Wacken with an injury?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
25 Feb. 2008
Hi, last week i had an accident and broke my collar bone and had an op to fix it, am I mad to still go,I feel good in myself and will be gutted to miss the show

slayerofrage

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Dude your not mad to go at all...

Its your call man but trust me its worth it!!

Ive seen people with wheelchairs children and old grannies at the fest!!

You may even get acsess to the disabled podium lol!!

If it was me id be there without a doubt even if it meant 365 days of pain!

You can stand at the back away from the crowd and still soak up the atmosphere!!

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
Dude your not mad to go at all...

Its your call man but trust me its worth it!!

Ive seen people with wheelchairs children and old grannies at the fest!!

You may even get acsess to the disabled podium lol!!

If it was me id be there without a doubt even if it meant 365 days of pain!

You can stand at the back away from the crowd and still soak up the atmosphere!!

I'd recomment you the same thing. If you don't place yourself in the middle of a moshphit, you'll be fine I guess. Just stay out of the crowd and you'll be totally fine. No one will tackle you outside the crowd, just for the fun of it ;)

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Do you really need an excuse to drink at Wacken? :p

I'd go if I were you, dude. I think the only injury that should keep a person from going to Wacken were if they were in a coma and there was no one to carry their unconscious body to the Wacken holy land where they would, of course, be revived by the lovely sent of excessive amounts of alcohol!

cwes

6 Mai 2007
...were in a coma and there was no one to carry their unconscious body to the Wacken holy land where they would, of course, be revived...
Ya, let's try this. Some doctor who's coming plz bring a random coma patient with him. Just to see if he wakes up, when we set him up in front of the stages!

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
Ya, let's try this. Some doctor who's coming plz bring a random coma patient with him. Just to see if he wakes up, when we set him up in front of the stages!

Doctor to husband of a wife in coma: "You should try some oral sex. The stimulation could make her brain active again. "

After a while the husband comes out of the room very disappointed:" I think she choked on it." :D

deadwinter

1 Juli 2008
So, Turkish, what kind of cast or appliances will you be wearing, if any. If it's just a collar, I'd say go.

Let me tell you a story:

A few weeks ago, I caught Maiden at their Mansfield, MA stop. Minutes before the show was about to start, my friend taps my shoulder and points to a couple of rows behind me. There, some guy about my age was sitting in a motorized wheelchair, the kind you have to steer with your chin. I'm quite certain he could not move from the neck down. He was wearing a "Best Of The Beast" t-shirt and his eyes were alert and impatient for Maiden to finally come on.

I got a little choked up and I said to my friend: "That there is the most hardcore motherf#$%er I have ever seen. I feel humbled".

If you can move, get your ass to Wacken.

-DW

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
So, Turkish, what kind of cast or appliances will you be wearing, if any. If it's just a collar, I'd say go.

Let me tell you a story:

A few weeks ago, I caught Maiden at their Mansfield, MA stop. Minutes before the show was about to start, my friend taps my shoulder and points to a couple of rows behind me. There, some guy about my age was sitting in a motorized wheelchair, the kind you have to steer with your chin. I'm quite certain he could not move from the neck down. He was wearing a "Best Of The Beast" t-shirt and his eyes were alert and impatient for Maiden to finally come on.

I got a little choked up and I said to my friend: "That there is the most hardcore motherf#$%er I have ever seen. I feel humbled".

If you can move, get your ass to Wacken.

-DW

Dude i got so much respect for that guy! Thats what you call dedication to metal!!

25 Feb. 2008
Yeah its only a fabric sling, not a cast as such. i know they have medical facilities so i can get a check up if needs be. Like I said i woulld be crushed not to go,