Wacken - getting there and back from the UK

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
2 Okt. 2005
Hi, well Me and some friends should be going to Wacken next year, but it is our first time! I have looked on the travel info on the website but well... it confused the crap out of me!

Was wondering if anyone could help me out on arranging a way of traveling to Wacken from the UK, and a idea on how much it would cost.

Thanks!

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
hereticprincess schrieb:
Hi, well Me and some friends should be going to Wacken next year, but it is our first time! I have looked on the travel info on the website but well... it confused the crap out of me!

Was wondering if anyone could help me out on arranging a way of traveling to Wacken from the UK, and a idea on how much it would cost.

Thanks!
travel costs less than £100

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
hereticprincess schrieb:
I have looked on the travel info on the website but well... it confused the crap out of me!

umm... I´m just wondering WHY so many people don´t understand that official travel info - is it because of the Wacken orga´s sometimes funny english, or why? :confused:

Kat_Malin schrieb:
yep! getting to wacken is cheaper than a ticket for any british festival!

Hi Kat! :)
Nice to see you here, too! :D

Kat_Malin

14 Apr. 2005
I found it confusing at first cos it is in very strange English, I didn’t realise there was 2 airports in Hamburg, I didn’t know Bahnhof meant trainstation, I didn’t know what an S-Bahn was, and that’s when confusion set it!
I’m sure all this is probably all been said a million times before, but I’m at work with nothing better to do so:
Ryanair fly London Stansted to Hamburg Lubeck, where a special shuttle bus takes you to Hamburg HBF. The train station is a few minutes walk from the bus stop, but it’s all sign posted. If you find yourself in the redlight district, you’re going the wrong way! The ticket machines have a button that says “English”. Buy a ticket to Itzehoe. Not all trains are direct, sometimes you’ll have to change once, can’t remember what the name of the station is, but it’ll say on your ticket.
When in Itzehoe, follow all the metallers and get the shuttle bus direct to wacken festival!

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Kat_Malin schrieb:
I found it confusing at first cos it is in very strange English, I didn’t realise there was 2 airports in Hamburg, I didn’t know Bahnhof meant trainstation, I didn’t know what an S-Bahn was, and that’s when confusion set it!

hehe, yeah - just checked their route description again. Indeed, its really a bit confusing! :rolleyes:
Anyway, Hamburg doesn´t have two airports. That Lübeck one is NOT located in Hamburg, but in a smaller city called - um... Lübeck :D
Only discount airlines like Ryanair are flying into it, so this airport is something similar to London-Stansted or Stockholm-Skavsta...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I'm flying this year but I'm going to Hamburg airport. Checked it out and it seems fairly straightfoward and hopefully I'll have some people who can speak a bit of German along with me.

In fact on your flight should be fellow Wacken goers anyway so if in doubt ask to tag along with them.

Hellebore

26 Apr. 2005
Sam Przyborowski schrieb:
I'm flying this year but I'm going to Hamburg airport. Checked it out and it seems fairly straightfoward and hopefully I'll have some people who can speak a bit of German along with me.

In fact on your flight should be fellow Wacken goers anyway so if in doubt ask to tag along with them.

seems alot of people who went on the coach last year are flying this year.

It's pretty simple going from the airport hamburg to wacken. Problem i had this year was my flight was brought back a day so i had to stop in a hostel inside hamburg which upped the expenses.
Everyone i met in hamburg spoke fine english, though some may not know where Wacken is, so watch out for that :p

But yep, you'll get plenty of wackeners on the plane, though they all seemed to want to take taxi's for me :p

I'm going to be going via car & trailer next year hopefully, should be easier to co-ordinate and navigate.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Done the coach for a couple of years. It gets there a few hours before the first band, which when you've beenon a coach for 24 hours is not the best option.

This year we must have circled around Hamburg at least five times looking for the hotel for some of the people. When I got there I was a bit too tired to fully anjoy Candlemass who were one of themain reasons of me going..

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Lucretia schrieb:
hehe, yeah - just checked their route description again. Indeed, its really a bit confusing! :rolleyes:
Anyway, Hamburg doesn´t have two airports. That Lübeck one is NOT located in Hamburg, but in a smaller city called - um... Lübeck :D
Only discount airlines like Ryanair are flying into it, so this airport is something similar to London-Stansted or Stockholm-Skavsta...

We should tell the Wacken guys to copy the info Zombi put together :)