W:O:A 2009 - Further Bands confirmed!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

unknownone

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
How about canceling BFMV, Callejon and all that shit and bring some real metal bands? I bet with all that money you could bring Municipal Waste, Warbringer, Anthrax, heck, even Kreator!

Probably you, the Orga, never heard of it. It is called Thrash Metal, something CLEARLY MISSING IN THIS YEAR'S SHITTY LINE-UP! Unfortunately this problem also affects Death, Doom and even Folk. And the lack of major bands is laughable. Where are the likes of Blind Guardian, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Ensiferum, Dimmu Borgir, Obituary, Sepultura, just to name a few? I won't even mention the absence of worthy Headliners...

And we deserve an explanation. I'm talking about all those people that aren't from Germany and need the plan their trip, plan their vacations in work, pay bus tickets, pay airplane tickets, all this with months in advance! What do we get in return? A shitty line-up, the worst line-up in a handful of years and clearly the worst line-up of 2009 regarding the main metal festivals in Europe.

Quite the opposite of what was promised last year.

Give us a reason for going to this year's Wacken. After all we were deceived, it can even be called a SCAM.

Ticket prices increase, quality of the line-up decreases exponentially. And don't even try to explain it with "infrastructure", that's not acceptable!

There's something very wrong in here and we deserve to know what. And by the looks of it I wouldn't be surprised if some bands just started canceling...

Coolgraphics

7 Apr. 2009
Italy
Disappointing bill....

I check every few minutes your website since I bought my tickets hoping to read some great bands on the bill on this 20th anniversary but until now I'm very disappointed...I read on the other festivals website big bands and here just the same bands of past years...

I come from Southern Italy, more than 2000km far form Wacken, and it will be my third time in Wacken. I spent a lot of money for tickets and trip, I forced all my friends to spend there their summer vacations. And this is the bill....?

If I didn't already buy the flight tickets maybe in this moment I should feel to sell my Wacken tickets...

When I saw the ACDC were on tour I also thought they could come there for a special anniversary...but now I'm sure they don't come (they will play in USA this summer) as maybe all the band that will play around the Europe this summer in almost every other festivals...

I'm really disappointed as all the people I know, and every day I say them: "Don't worry big bands will be announced", but know I read the the bill is almost complete...Are you kidding us? If other GREAT bands won't be announced maybe this year will be my last year in Wacken. Maybe you don't care but remember that the success of a festival must be fed every year if not inevitably it decreases...Don't disappoint al the metalheads who support you from several years, don't let they go elsewhere next year to listen to their favourites bands...Give us an explanation soon please...We deserve it.

misanthropic

3 Nov. 2008
Athens, Greece
That's just dissappointing... I hope there is a plan for a fifth stage for all the crapy bands they gathered this year... somewhere by the pool maybe? then I wouldn't care and I would have fun anyway!
I'll drink to that!

9 März 2009
319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

I'm so close to selling my ticket... I mean seriously.. THIS is your big announcement?!

ZehSwede

7 Apr. 2009
Seriously.. This fucking sucks! I agree with everything said in this thread. This years line-up is horrible. You better have some really good extreme metal bands that haven't been announced yet. If the line-up isnt going to be any better im gonna sell my ticket. Wacken has made me REALLY dissapointed this time! :mad:

Rannew

7 Apr. 2009
Agreed with all of the above. It's really sad that this is how Wacken choses to celebrate it's 20th anniversay; firstly by using the anniversary to con people to buy tickets faster and then producing such a dissappointing line up.

I really hope this is some sort of joke, and from now on loads of decent bands will be announced, but it doesn't sounds likely considering the line up is apparantly nearly complete. I very much doubt i'll be going to Wacken next year!

Stu

WHAT THE FUCK?

wacken, wacken, wacken.. WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON?

this is possibly the best festival in the world and its your 20th anniversary.. so your celebrating it confirming bands like bring me the fucking horizon???? and fucking bullet for my valentine? the sellouts!! what the fuck!?! ok fair enough amon amarth, gwar,gamma ray,TESTAMENT, enslaved, napalm death,hammerfall and airbourne! all good bands! then you go and confirm fucking bring me the horizon?!?!? this is meant to be a metal festival yeah? i have the right ticket? because from the looks of things its going to turn into a emo infested screamo fest!

splatterhouse

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Apr. 2008
Motala, Sweden
Fucking crap!

This is the worst line-up I have ever seen. Some good bands but for the most part its crap. And this is supposed to be a celebration? This will be my 6th time to Wacken. Or perhaps not. I'm thinking of selling my ticket mostly because there are no deathmetalbands like its used to. Also my friends are thinking about selling their tickets to. We are a group of 33 people that think that you have fucked us over. The previous years you have had good line-ups and now look at what you got. You should feel ashamed. I hope at least 5 of the remaining confirmations is good/big deathmetalbands or last year was my last Wacken. I have always had good things to say about this festival but now its the other way around. From the best festival in the world to the worst festival in the world. But maybe thats how you guys want it. I hope as a previous person that a 5th stage is added so all the shitty bands can play there.

We need an explanation and that soon!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Tim19

9 März 2008
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I don't know what you are al bitching about.
I Agree about BMTH. They are cool but they don't belong on a festival like Wacken. And nobody would blame you if don't went to see them.
Even I can't be bothered to go. But what about bands like Motorhead, Testament, Napalm Death, Enslaved, Gamma Ray, Amon Amarth, Gwar, Epica, Walls of Jericho, Volbeat and fucking Heaven and Hell and Machine fucking Head. Last year I almost didn't go because of Children of Bodom but I went because I wanted to see all the other bands.
So stop your bitching and sell your freaking tickets if you think that you're to cool for these bands.

Sarcodexia

8 Apr. 2009
What the hell is this?!!

Are you laughing at us? Wacken has always been the biggest festival in the world because it's offered us great bands such as Zyklon, Legion of the damned, Bloodbath, Immortal, Emperor, At the gates, Carcass...

But this year? you're resting on your laurels, you have confirmed good bands til you achieved what you wanted (sold out) and now you're confirming the same repeating bands which are not so important to be considered the great confirmations of the year... Mambo Kurt? Schandmaul?? ohhhhh, I've paid 130€ and a trip from Spain to see that, yeah.

Maybe this year you have managed your purpose, but it will be the last time. Make sure that the next year people will go to another better festivals. I don't have to mention the names of better festivales cause the staff itself already know this fact.

WE ALL FEEL CHEATED AND DISAPPOINTED. :mad:

Rannew

7 Apr. 2009
:o
I would say, you have to wait... There will be a very Big Headliner this year...Just wait and trust Wacken

Announcing one big band isn't really gunna make much of a difference against all the other not so good bands on the bill....

But then again one great band would be better than none.