Travelling from USA/Amsterdam?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Aestmir, 18. Januar 2019.

1. Aestmir

Aestmir Newbie

I'll be heading to Wacken from Denver, Colorado, and I'm planning to spend a day or two in Amsterdam before heading to Hamburg for a group of metalheads from all over the world. Anybody else planning on coming from the Netherlands? There is an excellent metal bar called Excalibur in the Red Light District, and they have a Wacken Pre-party the weekend before the festival.

I ran into a grand total of 1 other American in 2017, and while I certainly love spending time around an international crowd, it would be nice to have someone to discuss things like politics and football with once in a while.

2. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

why would someone from colorado go to amsterdam? I mean, you guys have more liberal weeds laws than we have nowadays :D :p

3. Aestmir

Aestmir Newbie

haha, that is very true, but it's still a fun city to spend a night in, and I'll save about $100 flying into Amsterdam and taking a train to Hamburg than if I just flew straight into Germany.

4. Darkfang

Darkfang W:O:A Metalhead

Haha. Since October 17th 2018, it's fun time here! :) But everything is sold out, hahahah

I'm Canadian travelling with a friend and I will be in Hamburg on Monday 29 for shopping (beer, tent, food, water). If you want to meet, it will be a pleasure. About discussing politics.. hmm, i'm not sure but it worth a try :)

5. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

I've been out of the country for 15 years!
    And the last time I was in Amsterdam, i didn't have fun. But that had personal reasons.

6. Sepulchral Voice

Sepulchral Voice Member

I'll be coming from the SF Bay Area into Amsterdam the
    weekend before since it's cheaper as well to take the
    train into Hamburg from there. I'll be meeting up with
    some friends I camped with last year. We didn't really
    spend that much time at Excalibur as we did Cave Rock
    while we were in Amsterdam. Other than that, we are
    GO for Wacken pre-game!

- Sepulchral Voice

7. smf4ever

smf4ever W:O:A Metalhead

We will be coming from WashDC.. and the weekend in Hamburg before as I just found it just a cool city, and want to see more again.

8. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

I never understand why you should go to Amsterdam, before Wacken, apart from the price to Schiphol. But isn't it more fun to go to Hamburg? I reckon there is more in Hamburg than in Amsterdam!

But anyone his own choice of course. As long as you keep yourselves safe. That's the most important thing.

Lokilein gefällt das.
  9. Young BZ

Young BZ Newbie

I also flew through Amsterdam as well but didn't go around there until after Wacken. How has it worked out for you? I may fly through there again next year due to the price but I'd want to explore another part of Europe.

Diese Seite empfehlen