Town around the fest

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
Hey all, this will be my second visit to wacken. I was with the argon group last time and as such stayed in hambug but this time i plan to be camping with some mates. one of them would like to know what the town around the fest is like? what kind of stores are there, are there any pubs ect ect.

If somone who is familiar with the area could tell me some stuff about it i would be thankful.

Personally i think i could live in the campsite for a week with no problems but he makes a good point about being able to buy beer when we get there instead of lugging it from North wales to germany.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hey all, this will be my second visit to wacken. I was with the argon group last time and as such stayed in hambug but this time i plan to be camping with some mates. one of them would like to know what the town around the fest is like? what kind of stores are there, are there any pubs ect ect.

If somone who is familiar with the area could tell me some stuff about it i would be thankful.

Personally i think i could live in the campsite for a week with no problems but he makes a good point about being able to buy beer when we get there instead of lugging it from North wales to germany.

There is a local supermarket in the center of Wacken. It's easy to find. Just follow the stream of people going to the village. You need to be patient though before entering if you come during mid day. (there's a waiting line starting outside)

Wacken itself isn't that big. I don't know if and where you can find other stores.

About pubs? I honnestly don't know. But who needs a pub if you've got a campground full of people who are (almost) willing to share a beer with you! Besides, you're amoungst equals in the camp site.
Be aware that there is a deposit on beer cans in Germany! (€0.25 per can) And there are also can thieves just waiting to take all your empty cans away. (and 24 x €0.25 = €6.00!)

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
like i say this is for my mate. im very content to roll about in my own filth for week, eat hotdogs, use the festival facilities and buy beer by the litre in the fest itself.

I think we saw the market when we arrived last year and were wandering about so i told him there are shops in the town wich perked him up a bit. he rekkons he cant go 5 days without a propper meal ect ect.

I went camping at the download fest and learned a few things from that trip and we'll be camping at bloodstock this year. im really looking forward to camping at wacken, its not like any festival camping ive seen before.

oh theres a thing i meant to ask, what are the rules on campfires? its not that i have my heat set on seeing any but some festivals allow them and others dont (for very good reasons).

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
like i say this is for my mate. im very content to roll about in my own filth for week, eat hotdogs, use the festival facilities and buy beer by the litre in the fest itself.

I think we saw the market when we arrived last year and were wandering about so i told him there are shops in the town wich perked him up a bit. he rekkons he cant go 5 days without a propper meal ect ect.

I went camping at the download fest and learned a few things from that trip and we'll be camping at bloodstock this year. im really looking forward to camping at wacken, its not like any festival camping ive seen before.

oh theres a thing i meant to ask, what are the rules on campfires? its not that i have my heat set on seeing any but some festivals allow them and others dont (for very good reasons).

Open fires are prohibited!
BBQ however is allowed. So if you take your BBQ with you, you can buy the meat (and charcoal) at the supermarket.

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
k then.

All we gotta sort out is the traveling then. we're aiming to meet up with a freinds group but he seems to have the intention to arrive in hambur on the 30th of july. Whaeras id like to go a little closer to the day the camp opens up.

we may try and make our own way there and meet up at the camp wich would mean finding our own way from hamburg airport the the camp and back on sunday. The main site has some info on that, im picking through it now but im still not sure.

meh once ive done somthing its easy to do again but getting it done the first time is daunting.

oh btw nice avy, i take it you're a bucs fan?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
k then.

All we gotta sort out is the traveling then. we're aiming to meet up with a freinds group but he seems to have the intention to arrive in hambur on the 30th of july. Whaeras id like to go a little closer to the day the camp opens up.

we may try and make our own way there and meet up at the camp wich would mean finding our own way from hamburg airport the the camp and back on sunday. The main site has some info on that, im picking through it now but im still not sure.

meh once ive done somthing its easy to do again but getting it done the first time is daunting.

oh btw nice avy, i take it you're a bucs fan?

How to get to Wacken from Hamburg airport can be found on the sticky in this sub forum.

Easiest is to go to the main station (Hauptbahnhof), then to Altona station by either S-Bahn or train, and take a regional train to Itzehoe. But it's all described in the sticky thread.

And yes, I'm a Bucs fan!!! :)

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
How to get to Wacken from Hamburg airport can be found on the sticky in this sub forum.

Easiest is to go to the main station (Hauptbahnhof), then to Altona station by either S-Bahn or train, and take a regional train to Itzehoe. But it's all described in the sticky thread.

And yes, I'm a Bucs fan!!! :)

cool, im a vikings fan, i was waering my old vikings jersey at wacken last year.

as far as traveling goes i can print out the info from the sticky. even if it is out of date it will give me an idea of where to go.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
cool, im a vikings fan, i was waering my old vikings jersey at wacken last year.

as far as traveling goes i can print out the info from the sticky. even if it is out of date it will give me an idea of where to go.

The internetsites are still the actual sites. Yoou could always check for time tables etc.

And the train station for the trains is still Altona (in Hamburg) although there are some trains from the Hbf, but with supplement.

Rammsoldat

15 Feb. 2007
yea ive taken a look at the sites. I guess im just a little nervous. I dont know too much german (no bugger will teach it round here ;_;) but hey the german folk arent gonna kill me for sounding like a retarded muppet baby right?

lol yea the transport seems fairly straightforward. im sure we'll manage. I mean hell all we gotta do is make it to the trainstation and we'll eventually stumble upon the right trains.

also we're not likley to be the only people going to wacken so we can band together with other folk if need be.

Yea i think i'll grow some balls and just go for it, worst that can happen is i get a bit lost (and i like germany despite not speaking the language so its all good)

Mjollnir

W:O:A Metalhead
yea ive taken a look at the sites. I guess im just a little nervous. I dont know too much german (no bugger will teach it round here ;_;) but hey the german folk arent gonna kill me for sounding like a retarded muppet baby right?

lol yea the transport seems fairly straightforward. im sure we'll manage. I mean hell all we gotta do is make it to the trainstation and we'll eventually stumble upon the right trains.

also we're not likley to be the only people going to wacken so we can band together with other folk if need be.

Yea i think i'll grow some balls and just go for it, worst that can happen is i get a bit lost (and i like germany despite not speaking the language so its all good)

Hey mate,

Sounds like you got it sorted.
Germans love to speak English, so you'll be right. Hel, I've survived over three weeks here speaking English (no prior German skills whatsoever).

Someone find me some friends! Ha... Maybe I should be the one doing that... It's so hard though :( Nobody likes Metal where I live.....:confused:

I'm going to Wacken regardless. Even if I go by myself and sleep in my jacket... fuck that'd be grymm.. :cool:

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
yeah getting lost in hamburg is very much like getting lost in any other massive city. you get mugged, raped and killed.

nah, just kidding. I spent four years there and was only mugged 24 times, raped 15 times and killed 29 times.