Tim Owens bei Iced Earth auf Dauer ????

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Wolfman

W:O:A Metalmaster
6 Aug. 2002
Bonn
ICED EARTH's SCHAFFER: Ex-JUDAS PRIEST Singer Is Not A Member Of The Band - Aug. 8, 2003

Former JUDAS PRIEST frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens contributed vocals to the upcoming ICED EARTH album, "The Glorious Burden", as a guest singer only and has not yet made up his mind as to whether he will join the band permanently.

Speaking to Canada's BW&BK, ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer clarified Owens' status in the group.

"Tim was hired to do the vocals for the record only," he said. "Two days after we finished, he lost his gig with PRIEST. Obviously this changes things and maybe he will be the new guy someday in the future, but right now he needs some time to figure out what he's going to do."

"There will come a time when I will decide to look for a permanent singer in the near future, if Tim can't commit. I hired Tim to do this record knowing that he had the ability to do the parts that I'd written and that was the extent of it. I would love to have Tim as the new frontman in ICED EARTH, but he's got to want it or it's no good for anyone involved. He's going through a big change in his life and I will give him some time to figure out what he wants for his future career, but obviously we can't wait forever."

"Either way, ICED EARTH will carry on in the same tradition as always. I feel great and am very, very optimistic for the band's future, no matter who ends up in the vocal position. I will find the right guy and maybe it is Tim. Time will tell. This record has brought about a new beginning for the band and fate will take its course!"

In an interview with Cleveland's The Beacon Journal last month, Tim indicated that since JUDAS PRIEST's last tour ended in the fall, he has been working on solo demos and has just completed vocal tracks with a well-known musician he declined to name (presumably referring to Schaffer). Owens described his upcoming original work as GODSMACK-meets-PANTERA-meets-PRIEST.

ICED EARTH's "The Glorious Burden", with Tim Owens on vocals, is scheduled to be released through SPV Records in the fall.

Wolfman

6 Aug. 2002
Bonn
Original geschrieben von Master of Hades
Ach??? Hmmm....Sachen gibts.........
Dann besteht ja doch noch Hoffnung........:D:D:D

Hmmmm, ach, an den Tim hätte man sich schon gewöhnen können........
Der hätte wenigstens die entsprechende Bühnenperformance gebracht !!!

Jemanden mit ner Stimme wie der von Matt gibts eh nicht nochmal........

TALKHEAVY

W:O:A Metalgod
Schade eigentlich. Ich bin der 3 Releases Vertreter.
1. Bei Cd 1 hagelt's Kritik, wegen Frust und Umdenkenmuessen der Fans und auch wegen der Songs, die nicht auf Tim zugeschnitten sind.
2. Folge-CD: Sicherheitsfussball um nicht noch mehr Kritik zu bekommen. wahrscheinlich ein leidlich guter Release ohne grosse Highlights- leads to:
entweder
a) Frust und Split up oder
b) zu
3. dem Release einer 3. CD: Ein absoltes Hammeralbum, mit Scheiss egal Einstellung frisch von der Leber weg.

aber das hier hoert sich so an, als wenn tim keinen Bock mehr hat unter der Knute anderer zu arbeiten.
Was ich auch verstehen kann.

TALKHEAVY

W:O:A Metalgod
Original geschrieben von Adolf666
wenn die scheibe gut läuft wird er fest einsteigen....denk ich mal

ja, aber ich glaube es eher nicht (-dass die Platte gut wird und sich besonders gut verkaufen wird). Nur Metallica haben heutzutage genug Fan-Deppen, die sich jeden Ranz kaufen. Nach den ersten Reaktionen, die ich hier im forum ueber die Songausschnitte auf der IE Seite gehoert habe, ist das Zeug wohl nicht so prall.

Wolfman

6 Aug. 2002
Bonn
Original geschrieben von TALKHEAVY
Schade eigentlich. Ich bin der 3 Releases Vertreter.
1. Bei Cd 1 hagelt's Kritik, wegen Frust und Umdenkenmuessen der Fans und auch wegen der Songs, die nicht auf Tim zugeschnitten sind.
2. Folge-CD: Sicherheitsfussball um nicht noch mehr Kritik zu bekommen. wahrscheinlich ein leidlich guter Release ohne grosse Highlights- leads to:
entweder
a) Frust und Split up oder
b) zu
3. dem Release einer 3. CD: Ein absoltes Hammeralbum, mit Scheiss egal Einstellung frisch von der Leber weg.

aber das hier hoert sich so an, als wenn tim keinen Bock mehr hat unter der Knute anderer zu arbeiten.
Was ich auch verstehen kann.

So könnte es laufen........

Aber nach DEM Statement ??? :(

Reverend_odd

28 Juni 2002
Swamps of Münsterland
Website besuchen
Despite having been bumped from the JUDAS PRIEST lineup last month after it was announced that Rob Halford had rejoined the band, Tim "Ripper" Owens says that he is not a bitter man.

"I'd known about it for weeks," he told the Canton Repository in an interview published Friday (August . "I pushed them to get (Halford) back. I'm a JUDAS PRIEST fan, so I'm glad they can get along and do this. People have been calling up like there's been a death in the family but I'm actually happy with the decision. My run was done."

As a member of JUDAS PRIEST, "you don't make any money when you're not on the road," Owens said. "Taking a year or two off between albums is a long time. I've got a family to support."

Ripper says that he remains friendly with his JUDAS PRIEST bandmates, and he hopes to take his 14-year-old daughter, Lauren, to visit them at their homes in England.

"I'm definitely happy," said Owens' wife, Jeannie. "Tim is 35. It's time for him to do his own thing."

Tim says that his "phone has been ringing nonstop" since officially departing JUDAS PRIEST. He has recorded all the vocals for ICED EARTH's upcoming CD, "The Glorious Burden", and he has also been writing his own songs, which he has previously described as GODSMACK-meets-PANTERA-meets-PRIEST: "[It's] very basic verse-chorus-verse stuff with catchy choruses," he said. He plans to record a demo using local Ohio musicians and begin the label-shopping procedure.

In addition, he has been appearing as a frequent guest vocalist with a band called THE SICKNESS that regularly plays in the Ohio area. Owens sings about half the songs, including numbers by GODSMACK ("I Stand Alone"), AUDIOSLAVE ("Cochise") and the FOO FIGHTERS ("All My Life"), plus the Peter Green-penned (FLEETWOOD MAC) song regularly performed by JUDAS PRIEST, "Green Manalishi".

THE SICKNESS, whose lead vocalist is Tim Zuver, also perform songs by DISTURBED, LINKIN PARK and KORN. "They call it 'nu metal,' which I can't really figure out," Owens confesses. "It's all hard rock to me."

Owens says that his days with THE SICKNESS are numbered. "It's a really fun thing to do. I'm really good friends with those guys. But it's going to end for me pretty soon," he said. "I'm trying to get things going for myself now and it doesn't look so good that I'm singing covers again."

Tim performed last night (August with the band SEATTLE (covering grunge-era music by NIRVANA, PEARL JAM, SOUNDGARDEN and ALICE IN CHAINS) at Sadie Rene's in North Canton, Ohio, and he has three upcoming Ohio shows with THE SICKNESS: Aug. 29 at Sadie Rene's, Sept. 6 at the Carriage House in Louisville, and Sept. 19 at Melini's Pub in Canton. Click here to see a photo of Owens with his 8-week-old son, Timothy Steven Owens Jr.

So sieht dem wohl aus!