Ticket Delay / Scam????? perhaps...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

onetwomany

4 Aug. 2008
I got a mail from metaltix today (info@metaltix.com) saying to call them to confirm credit card details as they had trouble with it.... This is almost 2 MONTHS after I got a confirmation mail after placing my order. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and is it official metaltix asking me. Seems really random them sending me just a mail (didnt address me by my name or anything or give any details about me or my order other than WOA 2009 in the subject bar) with a phone number asking me to ring and give my CC details again....

I'm thinking what the fuck? This looks dodgy but the email addy looks to be from metaltix.

Aside from this fact, calling international ain't cheap, and they just want me to pick up the phone and probly be on hold for a 5-10 min + call. wtf... why can't they just give the tickets to local shops like normal...I hate web orders.

Anyone any ideas?

VENO

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Email Metaltix back, it can be a phishing scam by somebody else, they are getting smarter everyday!! :(

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I got a mail from metaltix today (info@metaltix.com) saying to call them to confirm credit card details as they had trouble with it.... This is almost 2 MONTHS after I got a confirmation mail after placing my order. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and is it official metaltix asking me. Seems really random them sending me just a mail (didnt address me by my name or anything or give any details about me or my order other than WOA 2009 in the subject bar) with a phone number asking me to ring and give my CC details again....

I'm thinking what the fuck? This looks dodgy but the email addy looks to be from metaltix.

Aside from this fact, calling international ain't cheap, and they just want me to pick up the phone and probly be on hold for a 5-10 min + call. wtf... why can't they just give the tickets to local shops like normal...I hate web orders.

Anyone any ideas?
Or a FAX message asking to confirm it by POST!

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com

Anyone any ideas?

If I have to choose between an international call and being scammed for a 130 euro ticket, I would choose to be scammed too

VENO

12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
are they that expensive? Well i live in Europe and every time I fly around the roaming costs are not that surreal... but then I'd email them, saves you money and trouble?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
are they that expensive? Well i live in Europe and every time I fly around the roaming costs are not that surreal... but then I'd email them, saves you money and trouble?

Bad experience with roaming. 1st Wacken from Belgium, and I ended up with a phone bill of over €100!!

Since then I bought a German phone number. (and I still have a Dutch number)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com

Anyone any ideas?

They do give tickets to local shops...in Germany. ;)

Metaltix is a strange company. Sometimes things take very very long - especially this year because people bought so many tickets so early - and they don't have many employees. And sometimes you get mails that don't look very professional. Or...let me think...apart from the standard confirmation mails, EVERY mail seemed to be a bit unprofessional. But in the end people usually get their tickets.

I bet your email really is a Metaltix mail. A phone call would have been the fastest way to check your credit card details, and if it's a normal German phone number (which I think it is) they wouldn't earn any money from that phone call.
Theoretically you could ask THEM to call you - there's special numbers here which make phone calls from Germany to the US (or wherever you live) quite cheap. But I guess a fax ought to do as well. Or use the contact form here... http://www.metaltix.com/index_kontakt.php

VENO

12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Bad experience with roaming. 1st Wacken from Belgium, and I ended up with a phone bill of over €100!!

Since then I bought a German phone number. (and I still have a Dutch number)

Spent a week in Berlin and I spent maximum 20 euros, but I think it was less than that, and I was communicating with local friends and my mate from Portugal everytime we went apart! vodafone rules :)

Irukandji

2 Juli 2007
Cambridge, UK
They generally seem a bit daft in terms of dealing with foreign credit card payments; calling them up is probably a good idea in any case. We ordered our tickets about two months ago, provided credit card details and believed the transaction to be completed; last week, we got an email going "Ohai, order cancelled, credit card error". We guess it's due to the enormous delay between placing the order and them actually claiming the money... don't know if German banks are comfortable with that kind of thing, but British ones apparently aren't. Meh.
Reordered a few days ago and emailed them asking if it worked this time; hope they'll sort it out before too late.

Necrowizard

19 Nov. 2008
Metaltix seems to be really random

I ordered my ticket on Oct 19, received a mail that the tickets were send out on Oct 24, and i had my ticket at home at Oct 31 (And I'm dutch too)

A friend ordered his tickets on 7 October, and just yesterday (18 november) he received a mail that the tickets are send out...

I'd almost bet they print the list of orders, and trow a bunch of darts every day to decide who gets their tickets or something :/

vereor

16 Juni 2006
Norway
I got the same mail a couple of days ago.
I answered that i didn't like the whole idea about giving away my credit card details over the phone, and asked if they just could delete my order so I could try place a new one instead. The next day I received a mail confirming that it was no problem doing it that way.
It may take some extra time, but it sounded more safe to me.