• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
welcome back ^^

yeah as nice as it is to be out and about I know the feeling of needing "holidays after the holidays".
Yeah, something like that.

But then again, I'm leaving on 7 September again. Going to Zürich. Just now I need to puzzle how to get to Cologne (Köln Hbf), with the least amount of waiting time in Cologne itself! (I do not like the station at night)

So... will I go to Aachen first? Then to Cologne, or will I go straight from Liège (Lüttich) to Cologne?

Advantage, since I'm on Disabillity anyways, I might as well go to Aachen first.

Reaktionen: GlamMetal

GlamMetal

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Aug. 2023
Aachen
www.facebook.com
Yeah, something like that.

But then again, I'm leaving on 7 September again. Going to Zürich. Just now I need to puzzle how to get to Cologne (Köln Hbf), with the least amount of waiting time in Cologne itself! (I do not like the station at night)

So... will I go to Aachen first? Then to Cologne, or will I go straight from Liège (Lüttich) to Cologne?

Advantage, since I'm on Disabillity anyways, I might as well go to Aachen first.
hmmm tough one that is....

Generally I´d say sure Aachen first, but it´s harder to kill the time there and I´m not too sure bout the area round the main station at night. I mean I´ve lived here for 3 years now but I´ve only been to the station...twice-ish...thrice... during the day and it looked rather dark and boring.
Now Cologne, it´s been 20 years since I spent the night there but there´s more to distract yourself and chances might be higher you´d get around more easily (it´s your vision if I read that correctly).

How long would the waiting time be for both stations?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
hmmm tough one that is....

Generally I´d say sure Aachen first, but it´s harder to kill the time there and I´m not too sure bout the area round the main station at night. I mean I´ve lived here for 3 years now but I´ve only been to the station...twice-ish...thrice... during the day and it looked rather dark and boring.
Now Cologne, it´s been 20 years since I spent the night there but there´s more to distract yourself and chances might be higher you´d get around more easily (it´s your vision if I read that correctly).

How long would the waiting time be for both stations?
Well, I have a connection ticket for the NightJet to Zürich, which leaves at 23:44 in Cologne. It says: "Nur zu benutzen in DB-Zügen". (DB trains only).
So... I could choose to take the ICE 19 directly to Cologne, but I'd have to wait there for about 3+ hours!

Now, if I'd wait for one hour in Aachen, and then take a RE1 to Cologne... my waiting time there reduces itself with 50%. And... I have to be there approx. 30 minutes in advance for the DB assisstance I've applied for. (and indeed, it's my eye sight ;) )

And I'm one of those who still 🚬

GlamMetal

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Aug. 2023
Aachen
www.facebook.com
Well, I have a connection ticket for the NightJet to Zürich, which leaves at 23:44 in Cologne. It says: "Nur zu benutzen in DB-Zügen". (DB trains only).
So... I could choose to take the ICE 19 directly to Cologne, but I'd have to wait there for about 3+ hours!

Now, if I'd wait for one hour in Aachen, and then take a RE1 to Cologne... my waiting time there reduces itself with 50%. And... I have to be there approx. 30 minutes in advance for the DB assisstance I've applied for. (and indeed, it's my eye sight ;) )

And I'm one of those who still 🚬
ahh ok that´d be not too much time to kill... yeah I´d take a smoke break in Aachen in that case and you´d still have a safety time cushion if the RE1 is delayed (yeah I know...that "never" happens *coughs*)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
ahh ok that´d be not too much time to kill... yeah I´d take a smoke break in Aachen in that case and you´d still have a safety time cushion if the RE1 is delayed (yeah I know...that "never" happens *coughs*)
BOAH du bist so bekloppt Glammi!!! :ugly: (sorry, couldn't resist amymore!)

I've had enough experience with the DB, to know that even RE1 (or RE8, I think) can be delayed!

• Love

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
YEEEEEEEEEEEY first one to say it ^^
yeah back when I trained with DB the people coming to class with REs 1 and 9 had a 30 mins grace period cos everybody knew about "those two" xD
Well, nothing has changed ever since.

IC/E are worse though. Delays up to 40-60 minutes, sometimes even more... are "common".
And Im a usual to go up north, direction Hamburg. (either via Solingen/Wuppertal, or via Düsseldorf/Duisburg/Essen...)

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Well they videos on sight that I have seen so far don't seem that muddy actually.
but maybe not enough people have walked over it just yet.
Can confirm it was pretty swampy in parts before there was foot traffic...and there were holes in the bottom of my tent that I didn't know about so everything was soaked when I woke up the first night...and I found out there's about a foot of topsoil before you hit rocks. Also the earth worms were drowning and came up for air.

Reaktionen: agresionpower

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Greetings from hot hot hot France!

Temperature 🌡 about 40°C/104°F.
JFC! It was about 40 degrees at about midnight in Dubai on my way back. I had to go outside to catch a bus to my connecting terminal. Worst of all, I still had my hoodie on but thought I'd be find for those first couple of seconds between leaving the terminal and getting on that bus. It was a mistake. Also how the hell was it still 40 degrees in the middle of the night in the desert???

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Surprised I never needed my blanket or 3rd hoodie in Europe, not even in England's midlands! I hope they make it home safe in the mail. Couldn't believe it was 31 degrees when I arrived at Bloodstock. My British friends were telling me that last year it was 35 degrees, and also asked if it's like that "all the time" at home, to which I said about half the year, but we're not stuck outside in it (at least not without shade/a pool/a beach).