The big In flames thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Yes, it's time for me to open a new thread.
And this thread is only about that I was at the In flames, Soilwork and Pain concert yesterday and it was fucking great!!
I know more people are going to this concert in the tour or have already been there so here is a little review for the people who are interested in it.
Pain was the first band, it sounded nice but it's abit thesame. And the voice of the singer was awfull imo:)
Soilwork did a good gig, very enthousiastic. too short if you ask me:)
And well, In flames was the band. Great armosphere. good sound, white clothes:s(how untrue:p) I was affraid they would play a lot songs of the new album but They only played 5 or something, for the rest the old stuff and even some songs of Whoracle and the Jester race I haven't seen them play before. it's my fourth time I saw them and I still think they kick ass Live

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
I will not go to that tour because Soilwork and In Flames sucked really bad lately, imo! Plus I saw Pain last weekend with Tiamat, and that is the better package for me!

but I'm glad that you lil poser had fun anyway ;):D

*slaps the ghost of the flying uhm, posing dutchman* :D:D:D

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
nothing to add to Iscariots post! But, I´m wondering why Soilwork played as 1st band here and Pain as the 2nd...
Anyway, it was just AWESOME!! :) :)
was also a bit worried, cos I didn´t like the new album that much... but... strange... now I really love it! :)

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
@xpet: maybe it has to do with the musical preferences of the Germans compared with the Dutch. Is Pain more popular there? (I never heard of it before, but maybe that is because I'm a poser, right Horb?:D *slaps Lord Horb for you know what*:))

The new album of Inflames is very different but Live the new songs do sounds really good. And the album isn't that bad actually. I also like it.

But I know, In flames isn't true anymore these days..but hey,me neither!:D

NordicRage

2 Apr. 2002
Gothemburg
Website besuchen
The new Flames-album sux:ed bigtime. I used to be a big fan, but man.. all the songs sounded neo-metal och all sounded the same. Maybe i´ve gone to become a more death-listener or something, but reroute to remain sux:ed.

Soilwork isnt one of my fav either, but they have some golden hits.. hehe.. Chainheart machine for example.. Like a fist in ur face and smashing all the way throught.. great song.

Pain sux.. hehe (lot of critics here now).

Im gonna go on Dark Tranquillity's next concert in protest against in flames. Tranquillity releazed a great new album and they didn't and wont change their style to suit the market.

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Originally posted by NordicRage
The new Flames-album sux:ed bigtime. I used to be a big fan, but man.. all the songs sounded neo-metal och all sounded the same. Maybe i´ve gone to become a more death-listener or something, but reroute to remain sux:ed.

Soilwork isnt one of my fav either, but they have some golden hits.. hehe.. Chainheart machine for example.. Like a fist in ur face and smashing all the way throught.. great song.
you are so very right man! completely agree with this part of your post!!!
Chainheart Machine and Steelbath Suicide from Soilwork really rocked, all the later albums were not as good at all!

the rest you said is crap but that's ok, I don't mind.. at least you're not such a poser like Iscaribaby :D:D:D

*slaps our lil baby around*

Lordwalter

23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
Hello!

I saw IN FLAMES las Saturday and I was very happy with the gig.
The first Band was SOILWORK, and although they had some problems with the sound at the beginning, they convinced a lot of people.
PAIN was good too. I personally don´t like their music, but it was OK. Some passages sound heavy, so I think it was OK.
But IN FLAMES were not OK. THEY WHERE EXCELENT!!! I have the Setlist at home, so tomorrow I will pass you the exact Setlist. The sound was great and Anders Friden was extraordinary!

I like the last CD very much. But I also like DARK TRANQUILITY as well. Both Bands are great and I don´t see a reason for loving the ones OR the others? Why can´t we like the ones AND the others?

See you!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Lordwalter

But IN FLAMES were not OK. THEY WHERE EXCELENT!!! I have the Setlist at home, so tomorrow I will pass you the exact Setlist. The sound was great and Anders Friden was extraordinary!

I like the last CD very much. But I also like DARK TRANQUILITY as well. Both Bands are great and I don´t see a reason for loving the ones OR the others? Why can´t we like the ones AND the others?

See you!

I AGREE 100 % !!! :) :)

Lordwalter

23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
Hello again!

No, I can´t remember the whole setlist because I don´t need to do this!!! he he he he he he!!
They threw the setlist to the crowd. And I was the first guy right in the center. So I was in file number 1 at the best position, right in front of Anders Friden. So, it was easy for me to catch the setlist!! And as you already know, mighty Fallen_Knight, I´m 190cms tall!!!!! he he he he he!!

Well, I have to admit, that I´m a lucky person! I was able to bring something from every concert I visited in my life. At least, 95% of them. For example: I have Mikkey Dee´s (MOTÖRHEAD) stcik, or Tarja Turunen´s (NIGHTWISH) towel, and so on.

@Xpet: I´m sure that the other guys like both bands also.

See you!