Stratovarius/Tolkki mal wieder

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Es gibt ein neues Statement von Timo Tolkki zu den letzten Vorfällen in Spanien und so weiter.

Von http://www.stratovarius.com/index2.php?section=update_march :

STATEMENT 9.3.2004

After spending one week in countryside with my family, this is what I want to say:

I have been shocked about the attack and the amount of ill will some people have directed to me. The festival in Spain was a very difficult thing to do after all those death threats. I got very drunk before the show and I also didn´t feel that I received any support from the rest of the band. After the first song I left the stage because of the horrible sound and was waiting as they were fixing it. People were booing and started to throw things on stage. Then I returned and went to my mic and asked in English and Spanish "what the fuck is going on", thus speaking aloud that sentence that I have had in mind since MissK joined the band and the amount of hatred this whole thing has generated. People started throwing things and 1 bottle hit me in the head. Once again it seems I am the bad guy and solely responsible for everything. Jens Johansson pissed on my leg in "Forever". I couldn´t believe it to be true and he apologized later, which I accepted, once I understood why he did what he did.

What happened the next day was something I never thought I would have to go through. All these "conspiracy theories" about faked pictures sound completely alien to me. The wounds in my arm & face feel dead real and I am still convinced the guy was trying to kill me. He tried to hit me third time with the knife after I turned around, but I managed to grab his hand, so with his other hand he punched me in the face. All this nonsense about the pics is completely senseless. Jens took some pics to document what happened, for instance if we found the guy and needed to sue him. I am in the process in contacting Spanish police and report the thing, but not because I think the guy can be caught, but because of insurance policies. The guy can never be caught of course, he is gone and Jens was the only one who witnessed the attack.

And all the time my only wish was to just get back home quickly to my wife and daughter.

Since I returned home from the countryside I heard the speculation about the genuinity of the photos. This is unbelievable! Although I understand that my credibility has suffered lately due to some statements I have done under the influence of psychotic medicine and alcohol, I still cannot believe there are people who think this attack is fake. But let me explain to you what happened. I cannot be so super specific about everything, but this is what I do remember. The photo of stabbing wounds was taken straight after arrival to the hospital after Dr. Fernandez had sprayed some liquid to my arm. Then she cleaned the wounds and there were 6 stictches. I attach the picture here. The other picture released to the press by SANCTUARY was taken the following day in Jens´room. By that time my eye and cheek was swollen and red from the hit, so I decided to cover all of that for the trip to home. Also the wounds in my arm were bleeding, so I did what Dr Fernandez asked me to do: changed the bandage.

I am flying to Germany this week to discuss things with Sanctuary and hopefully we can come up with somekind of a compromise regarding the future recordings. I will also meet Jörg during this trip to discuss about some things. He has offered his help to me from which I am really greateful for. He is a cool guy.

I have presented some new material that I recorded with MissK to Sanctuary and they were very enthusiastic about that. Perhaps I even put something for you guys to the homepage to listen to, let´s see. But I am still thinking if I want to continue this or not.

It might be that there won´t be any more records and gigs. At this point; I don´t think the shows with the old line up will happen. But there is still a chance. First I thought that this is it! But slowly I have started to think that perhaps I should FIGHT!! Heavy Metal to me means freedom to choose your own way and standing behind your decisions no matter what.

And finally many thanks for everyone who sent me birthday greetings and all those who have supported me in this horrible thing. I am sorry about all the confusion, but life is not always easy.

In Metal, Timo Tolkki

Shardar

W:O:A Metalmaster
19 Nov. 2002
Oh man...oh man

Stratovarious- ein Drama in x Akten

Klingt bald alles wie in einer Vorabendserie à la GZSZS oder Unter Uns...man,man,man

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Original geschrieben von Shardar
Oh man...oh man

Stratovarious- ein Drama in x Akten

Klingt bald alles wie in einer Vorabendserie à la GZSZS oder Unter Uns...man,man,man
Erst war ich mir ja nur nicht sicher, ob ich die mit der neuen Sängerin noch mögen würde.
Inzwischen bin ich mir nicht mehr sicher ob ich die noch mögen WILL. :( und jedes Mal wenn ich meine Strato-Kapuzenjacke anziehe, muss ich mich erst mal dran erinnern, dass die aus "besseren Zeiten" der Band stammt.
Schon echt komisch, das alles...

Shardar

19 Nov. 2002
Original geschrieben von Kate McGee
Erst war ich mir ja nur nicht sicher, ob ich die mit der neuen Sängerin noch mögen würde.
Inzwischen bin ich mir nicht mehr sicher ob ich die noch mögen WILL. :( und jedes Mal wenn ich meine Strato-Kapuzenjacke anziehe, muss ich mich erst mal dran erinnern, dass die aus "besseren Zeiten" der Band stammt.
Schon echt komisch, das alles...
Zum Glück bin ich kein Fan von denen...das würde mich nur nerven...das ist ja fast wie in der "Alternative Rock"- Szene, wo die Bands sich trennen, wieder vereinigen, trennen, etc. und in 6 Jahren 1 Album rausbringen! :D

Shardar

19 Nov. 2002
Original geschrieben von Kate McGee
...wieso muss ich da jetzt an Blackmetal denken? :D
Keine Ahnung...da kommen die Alben regelmäßiger und die Bands bringen sich gegenseitig um und lösen sich nicht auf! :D

MasterChu19155

Moderatorin
6 Aug. 2003
Hamburg & Berlin
*jammer**schnief**heul* :(

Übrigens was habt ihr mit eurer Regelmäßigkeit ?
Stratovarius haben doch regelmäßig, also fast jedes Jahr ein Album raus gebracht. (damals)

;_;

KaeptnKorn

16 Juli 2003
Hamburg
Original geschrieben von MasterChu19155
*jammer**schnief**heul* :(

Übrigens was habt ihr mit eurer Regelmäßigkeit ?
Stratovarius haben doch regelmäßig, also fast jedes Jahr ein Album raus gebracht. (damals)

;_;

Naja, und jetzt bringen sie eben monatlich ne Seifenoper raus.
Komischer Haufen geworden...

Schade :(