Security notice about Wacken 2010

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Jarlen

25 Juli 2010
I really wanna know this from somebody that knows what he is talking about. is it possible to make your food over an trangia kitchen or is it forbidden?

Bärtel

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Juli 2010
Zentralschweiz
The article has been amended to state no glass bottles are allowed.

Think I'm going to find an "off-licence" in Hamburg and decant the alcohol into plastic bottles there...
According our latest information, you're not allowed to bring glass bottles from wacken and surroundings into WOA. However you should be allowed to bring glass beverages from home. Call the office if you want some more reliable information. The number is: +49 (0) 4627 - 18 38 38

Ustedalen

5 Dez. 2006
I sent a mail to the organizers and asked about hard liquor in glass bottles, and they told me they are still allowed. So it's obviously only beer in glass bottles that's illegal.

Volkan666

22 Dez. 2009
I agree about the need for clarification.
I recently bought a Sony NEX5 (http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/NEX-5_13-531x500.jpg). It has an middle-sized interchangable lens. Is it allowed?

Thanks.

"Small" might be the keyword...

Well, mine is not that small and has a detachable lens, wich at normal festival would be seen as a "professional" one... DSLR.. think its "Spiegelreflexcamera" in German.
so, you still think i can bring it?? Maybe one of the admins can clearify it for me please? Thanks.

2 Feb. 2010
(Attention: Any kind of photo cameras and digital cameras are allowed!)

Does this mean i can bring my Digital SLR-camera on to the festival ground?!? :D OMG that would be soooo cool!!
Please tell me!!!!!!

I would like to know that too. It would be so awesome if i could bring my Non-Professional DLSR. Hope some admin responds soon.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I really wanna know this from somebody that knows what he is talking about. is it possible to make your food over an trangia kitchen or is it forbidden?

That's definitely allowed because it's no "open" fire. Same goes for barbeques - the fire is just inside the bbq so it's no open fire.

You just mustn't make campfires etc. on the ground. And you mustn't dig a hole in the ground, make your fire inside the hole and grill your meat over it. Security staff will come and tell you to put it out. ;)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
(Attention: Any kind of photo cameras and digital cameras are allowed!)

Does this mean i can bring my Digital SLR-camera on to the festival ground?!? :D OMG that would be soooo cool!!
Please tell me!!!!!!

In theory: yes, you're allowed to bring it.
In practice: you never know if the security staff is completely informed about rules like that. Sometimes there's some guys among them who just misunderstood something and then tell you you mustn't enter with the SLR.

So I suggest you try to get it in - if there's no official adverse statement in the meantime - but better try first when you're going to a small band. If you're going to Iron Maiden when EVERYBODY wants to enter the festival area you'll have problems getting out of the crowd at the entrance if somebody says you mustn't take the cam in. :D