Question about camp & safety

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

tammy

1 März 2004
tokyo
Hello everybody.

It takes too much time for me to find the answer in Forum. I am not very good at English or German. Somebody help me?

Me and my friends are going to WOA this summer for the first time. We are thinking that we will bring a tent & sleeping bags without a car.

1)Need a car for camping?
(Do I have to rent a car to camp?)

2)Need a reservation of camping ground in advance?
(I mean before leaving my country)

3)Is there a place to keep our belongings like a check room or a coin-operated locker?
(I think it is not safe that CDs & many other things in a tent. Where do you keep belongings?)

4)How much for showering and a toilet?

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Hello tammy,
I will try to help you a bit.

1) No, you do not need a car for camping. You can also camp at Wacken if you have no car with you.

2) You don't need a reservation for the camping ground. Simply come to Wacken and you will get some free space where you can build your tents.

3) As far as I know (am I right?), there are no coin-operated lockers or something similar, I'm afraid. This is always a bit of a problem. If you have no car, you will have to leave your belongings in the tent.
Normally there are no thieves at Wacken, but you are right, this is not very safe.
I would perhaps recommend you the following:
- Do not bring too much expensive stuff to Wacken. You never know what might happen. Leaving CDs or other stuff in the tent while you are away is done at your own risk.
Only bring the stuff to Wacken that you REALLY need.
- If you are travelling with suitcases and not only with backpacks or stuff, you could for example take a suitcase that can be locked. Then you could leave that suitcase in your tent and put the more expensive stuff in the suitcase when you are not there. (Just an idea. As we always came to Wacken with a car, this was never necessary.)
- If you happen to know any person at Wacken a bit better, for example somebody from this forum, you could perhaps ask him/her if you could leave some stuff at his/her car.
- NEVER leave your personal documents, money, etc, at the tent while you are not there IF you have no place to lock it in. ALWAYS carry your passport etc with you.

Just some suggestions ;) in the end I am sure that everything will work out just fine, whatever you do, if you have a car or not

4) I have never used one of the showers at WOA. Showers are not Heavy Metal! ;)
But I am sure that somebody can tell you how much that costs. Or perhaps I can look it up.

The toilets: Most toilets are free. Since last year, even free flushed toilets on the festival area. :) and they were always relatively clean :)

On the camping ground, toilets are free, too, but you will mainly find this sort of toilets:
http://www.gesammelte-rezepte.de/tikki/deutsch/sc2001/04.htm
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/ingo.nadzeyka/bizarre/tag2/18dixi.jpg (they don't always look like that, but shit happens ;))
http://www.butz-deifel.de/14329/14383.html?*session*id*key*=*session*id*val*

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Hi Tammy!

Seems like most of your questions were answered by Kate already, but I enjoy writing, so I'll go ahead also :)

1)
No, you do not need a car for camping.

2)
No, you do not need to reserve camping unless you wish to be on a specific location.
Just come to Wacken, show your ticket and find a spot of grass to put up your tent on.

3)
I have never seen a place to lock up your belongings, I always just leave everything part from my money and my passport in my tent and so far nothing has been stolen.

4)
Like Kate I have never used a shower on a festivals, but I think they cost something like 7 euro or so, not sure though.
I did use one of the "pay toilets" last year, I think it was half a euro or so.

The most important things:
Have your trip booked in advance.
Make sure you have your ticket before you leave from home.
Bring cash in euro, few places accept credit cards.
Tent, something to sleep on, like a sleeping pad/camping mat (German: Isomatte), sleeping bag.
Sun block can be a very good idea.
Passport.

The rest is not so important, the things above I think is all you will need, beer and food you buy at Wacken.

:)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Originally posted by MrHellRaiser
the shower is 2.5 euro. but you can always shower in the prince body wash thing. it's free...
oh yes, I forgot about that thing :D

@ tammy: that's something like one of those car wash plants

I have never used that Prince Body Wash but I guess it's better than no shower at all - if you think you have to take a shower ;)

tammy

1 März 2004
tokyo
some Q again... I am slow.

Hello, everyone !

Thank you so much to reply.
Your information and advice help me.
I am thinking what to bring to WOA.
Preparation for the trip is fun.

Kate, ---------------------------------------------------
pictures of toilets are cute.
ToiToi is equal to ToTo?
ToTo is made in Japan.
One of those pics, which is in dirty situation,
makes me to bring wet paper (to kill bacterium).

I don't still understand what Prince Body Wash is.
This makes my hair or body clean without water?
Sorry I am slow.

Gnoff, ---------------------------------------------------
(you wrote)"Just come to Wacken, show your ticket and find a spot of grass to put up your tent on."
It is fine that I will just go to WOA place? or to SPAR?
Which place should I go first?

MrHellRaiser, -----------------------------------------
I'm glad to know the cost of shower.
I need shower everyday in summer!
I have never heard Prince Body Wash in Japan.
I don't still understand what Prince Body Wash is.
This makes my hair or body clean without water?
And why is it free?
Somebody gives one to me?

Xantia, --------------------------------------------------
That sounds fun!
25,000 friends!
I would like to join your party.
But I need days to discuss with my friends.
Do you know that I can't drink alcohol?
Everybody drinks beer?
I need juice and water.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Re: some Q again... I am slow.

Originally posted by tammy

its fine to go directly to the festival area, that spar supermarket seems to be some kind of check-in point for the people who have registered for the forum camp (or maybe only for those who have registered and are coming with car? not sure...)

Everybody drinks beer?

ummm... yes :D

I need juice and water.

no problem, water and coke and stuff is also sold at the festival area and juice at the festival supermarket :)

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by DarthFreak
Do you have a car wash mashines in Japan ?

U know you drive in and then Water and Soap and Brushes clean your car.
The Prince Body Wash is the same. But it is designed for Human Beings.

well, there´s no soap in the Prince Body Wash, I checked it last year - if you wanna get really clean you should bring your own soap :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Re: some Q again... I am slow.

Hello, everyone !

Gnoff, ---------------------------------------------------
(you wrote)"Just come to Wacken, show your ticket and find a spot of grass to put up your tent on."

Hi again.

Like Luci wrote, no need to go to SPAR first, just go to the festival site directly, show your ticket and put up your tent.

Then exchange your ticket for a festival bracelet and your are all set to go.

About alcohol -> Not everyone drinks, but a lot of people do.
No worries though, you can get at least water at lots of places, not sure about juice though.