Query to wacken vets.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
Hamburg Airport. So I'll check that out. T-Mobile gave me an unlock code when I put a different cell in it so hopefully its all good.

If that store isn't there anymore on the second floor of the mall near the train station there is a place that sells sim card and phone packages. It's like a general Store with a lot of makeup and stuff from what I remember

MetallKopp

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
Would the Saturn electronic store across from Hamburg Hauptbahnhof have these converters? I'm looking for the same thing when I arrive.

Definitely.

I need to find a cheap sim I can use in my phone for the couple weeks I'm there, something to give me a few GB of data usage.

In the bigger cities there're plenty of mobile stores, which all offer more or less cheap prepaid sims.

Pretty awesome :D - but most speak English, right? At least to some basic extent?

Yes, of course! It's also really awesome for most festival visitors to get a little lesson in learning some words of your language. :D

Saturn have those. If you don't get one though no problem:

In Wacken near the big tent (Headbanger Stage) there will be the "Electric Hotel" again this year.
http://www.the-electric-hotel.com/
They have converters and everything. You give your phone to them they charge it and you can get it back a few hours later.

The fee they charge you is not that much and it is really safe they are making photo of you and your phone + have a number so nobody else can falsely claim your phone back. We did it multiple times now and great service everytime. Just expect to have to wait if you come during the main busy hours.

The Hotel has power converters? I had no idea!

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
Hamburg Airport. So I'll check that out. T-Mobile gave me an unlock code when I put a different cell in it so hopefully its all good.

To be sure your phone is unlocked put a sim from a different carrier in and if it connects then its good to go. Sadly I dont know anyone here with tmobile so I can check my att phone. Maybe one of our german friends here can link us to a store close to the airport in case my cell closed down.

Find a cell shop though, convenience stores cant activate the sim and you need a german address to do so, a cell phone store just scans your passport.

Flatmus

19 Nov. 2007
Burg, Dithmarschen
"http://www.airport.de" schrieb:
opening times
Mon - Sun 09.00 - 21.00 clock

Phone: +49 (0) 40 69 45 96 31

E-mail: mycellstore@t-online.de

Location (s): Terminal 1, Arrivals

If your mobile phone credit is used up or have you forgotten your charger?
No problem, mycell offers a wide range of cell phones, prepaid cards, mobile phone accessories and many more prestigious brands (Nokia, iPhone, Blackberry, HTC, Samsung, etc.)
Our staff will be happy to help those aside and advise you.

Airport Hamburg copyed from here