Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

berna0

8 Feb. 2011
Rome, Italy
thanks for the replies, I'll se what can I do. The semi pop-up thing sounds nice, never seen one though. I just think the airline might create some fuss about it, since the tent comes on a very big and cumbersome disk-shaped bag.

Avelar

22 Juli 2011
Which way of going to Wacken and camping is better in your opinion, with or without a car? Last year, when I traveled by train and bus, it was ok. Now I have an opportunity to go by car, but not sure, maybe it would be better to leave the car in Hamburg.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Which way of going to Wacken and camping is better in your opinion, with or without a car? Last year, when I traveled by train and bus, it was ok. Now I have an opportunity to go by car, but not sure, maybe it would be better to leave the car in Hamburg.

It depends on what you want.

The advantage of place A is that you're close to the bus stop. No cars allowed there.
But... the advantage of a car is that you don't carry anything, you can leave all stuff in the car that you don't need, and it's secured.

The answer is to yourself.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

The advantage of place A is that you're close to the bus stop. No cars allowed there.
But... the advantage of a car is that you don't carry anything, you can leave all stuff in the car that you don't need, and it's secured.

The answer is to yourself.

my experience is that with a car it just saves a lot of energy :p
and you don't have to worry about the catching a train in time and stuff like that.
but then again, when I go by train I go all the way, not just the last part.

Avelar

22 Juli 2011
Quark schrieb:
Not much, just a safe and relatively calm place to rest :) For safety obviously a car is the choice, the question is whether the park/camp area is as comfortable, convenient and quiet (relatively again :p) as the camp area without vehicles.

And how serious are traffic jams on Wednesday and Sunday?

Quark schrieb:
but then again, when I go by train I go all the way, not just the last part.
I think i see what are you saying here and agree with you. Traveling in a train full of metalheads is a nice experience.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Not much, just a safe and relatively calm place to rest :) For safety obviously a car is the choice, the question is whether the park/camp area is as comfortable, convenient and quiet (relatively again :p) as the camp area without vehicles.

And how serious are traffic jams on Wednesday and Sunday?

I think i see what are you saying here and agree with you. Traveling in a train full of metalheads is a nice experience.

Let's put it this way. A camp will be appointed by the stewards, depending on your day of arrival. It is as quiet/noisy as it can get. Nothing can be predicted in that sense. The further you are from the festival area, the more quiet it'll be. But that's the same with camp A. (except there's not many that take sound systems obviously)

I spent the last 3 years in R, and it's reasonably quiet there. Noise however is everywhere. (to give you an idea, the neighbouring campings are like the same)

Traffic jams: Been 4x by car, never had a problem, as long as you leave (relatively) early. After, say, 9am it'll be more problematic, but the same goes for the shuttles to the station.
All times we went to Wacken, we drove at nights, so I cannot tell you about the arrival.

BTW. The last quote (concerning the train) wasn't mine but agresionpower's.
And the train full of metalheads starts mostly just in Hamburg. Germany is a big country. Though you'll see some in the trains to Hamburg.

mattbiker

5 Nov. 2011
Q and A

Does anyone know if you can park a vehicle next to your tent this year? Never had to think about vehicles b4, Cheers