Price Of Food And Beer?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

hiimike

23 Mai 2018
Hey guys, I'm thinking of going to Wacken this year, but I'm on a really tight budget. Can you tell me how much a beer and a meal costs? I s there no one-day pass for Wacken? Lastly, do you think I should buy it from the festival online or it is cheaper at the festival itself?

Thanks in advance,
Ike

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Beer is about 4€ infield. If you camp, and buy it in the village, it's way cheaper!
Food, depends on the meal, and what you want.

No one day tickets, and I reckon it's better to buy it online. It could be sold out in July.

smi

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Juli 2011
Schleswig-Holstein
Camp site: taking own food and drinks with you is allowed (Exception: no glas!). So you can walk into town an buy stuff at regular store for regular prices.

Festival infield: Beer 0,4 for 4 Euro + 1 Euro deposit. Food from 4 to 8 Euro. From Crepes, to warm Bread with garlic and french fries to duck leg with rosemary potatoes. From bad/okay to really tasty.

Only tickets for the weekend. No one day tickets.

smi

PopoMetal

8 Juni 2009
Ultracheap but very metal living:

go to Wacken town "Edeka supermarket" (aks peop´les where it is everyone knows but basically ones you go to Wacken town just follow the streeam of peoples down the only road)
buy lots of german Bratwurst in biggest available package I think they have 1 kilogram package
de_pim_91813001001_01

bigger than this but did not find better picture

buy cheap toast
DV001_4311596474875_PER.jpg
+
they also have american toast but its usually a few cents more expensive so go with regular one
Toast and Bratwurst combo will also make you able to drink more its very good.

buy 5.0 beer BLACK
61uaiLmTRWL._SY445_.jpg

because its world cup it might also look like this its the same as the black one:
-qua7404-jpg.jpg

its not the best beer but average+ for good price

DO NOT buy this red export variant:
2088661_5-0-Original-Export_xxl.jpg

it tastes like piss

You can also buy very cheap barbecue sets there. If you want to go cheaper ask your neighbours if you can use their barbecue often that works and you can offer to at least get some coal or so and its always a good way to socialize. Many Germans coming to Wacken bought way too much stuff in preperation and are too well equipped and are actually happy if they can use all their stuff and help you out.
Only drawback here is that you might have to walk a few times to carry all your groceries depending on how much beer you need.
Edeka also has more healthy stuff like fruit and vegetables to complement your diet and basically all else you might ever want but that is more expensive of course but if you got extra budget.

Good thing for taking beer to the festival area:
You can buy 1 litre big wacken "Maßkrug" (very durable but light plastic transparent beer stein). If you get that the first day in Biergarten (go early because later the big ones are sometimes all in use and you cant get one if you are unlucky) you can use that the whole festival and bring beer (or a litre of rum+coke+lemon+ice as I do when its hot) from campground into main area and they dont take it away from you. Its also a nice Souvenir to bring home. If you have a belt you can easily store it there when its empty and band is playing as it has a handle:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

smi

14 Juli 2011
Schleswig-Holstein
buy 5.0 beer BLACK
because its world cup it might also look like this its the same as the black one:
its not the best beer but average+ for good price

DO NOT buy this red export variant:
it tastes like piss

Hatte es auch immer als okay in Erinnerung... Hatte für letztes Wochenende (Glasverbot...) auch auf einem Festival mit und muss sagen: Kostet Überwindung. Entweder hat sich mein Geschmack geändert oder die Brauen das Zeug auch (wie Ötti) in verschiedenen Brauereien und dadurch ist es ein bissel Bierlotto.

smi

pfeiffer

7 Aug. 2011
(...) Entweder hat sich mein Geschmack geändert oder die Brauen das Zeug auch (wie Ötti) in verschiedenen Brauereien und dadurch ist es ein bissel Bierlotto.
Die brauen gar nicht, 5,0 ist eine "Biervertriebs-GmbH" (und gehört seit ~9 Jahren zur Öttinger-Gruppe).