Possible visit to Australia July 2013

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
9 Nov. 2012
Melbourne, Australia
quick revival- Melbourne is such a great place... but it changes constantly. I am never bored here.

I do want to reverse the questions here though, as I am staying well past my welcome after Wacken 2013, I wanted to know if there are any Australian threads I can find here?

moventura

13 Aug. 2012
I grew up in Tasmania, currently in Melbourne.

Tasmania is great, but you will need a hire car. Transport isn't the best. If you don't have a hire car, or someone to drive, probably best to skip it. If you do get there, I recommend the following.

In winter, I definitely recommend checking out the north west coast. Not much in Hobart unless you want to see convict stuff. Some places to check out

Flying in and out of Launceston is the cheapest.

Sheffield - The Town of Murals
Leven Canyon - Beautiful view
Stanley - Climb the nut (old non active volcano)
Strahan - Nice for a river cruise (but can be expensive)
Cradle Mountain - Nice walks and of course the mountain
Queenstown - gravel football field (plus beautiful drive through the forest to get there.
Mole Creek - Trowunna Wildlife Park (like a zoo, but only Aus animals)
Mole Creek - Mole Creek Caves

Melbourne is a great place, but mostly for the nightlife and shopping. Always something to do any night of the week. Make sure you take in a wine tour or a brewery tour. We have some good wine and beer in Melbourne.

I do like Mrs Parmas to eat at. They have 10 variety of parma and only serve local beers.

Fitzroy is always good if you want to find a strip of places to drink and eat. I quite like Grumpy's Green, which only sells Melbourne made beers from micro brewerys.

If you like video games, there is a bar in fitzroy called Mana Bar. Can play video games and drink video game themed drinks like a mana potion and health potion.

There are a few metal nightclubs. I'm not a huge fan of Bang, as I find it's too much of a meat market, but they do play good music.

If you look around closer to the date, you will most likely find a heap of local metal bands playing. We also get alot of international tours these days because of our dollar, which we didn't get 10 years ago. The Tote is a good venue that has bands play every night, as well as The Espy in St Kilda.

Went to Sydney on Holiday about 8 years ago. Spent a day there and thought that was too long. Checked out the opera house, the bridge, then left.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Cool, thanks!

Will head to the police tomorrow to update my passport to a new one, no planned trips where I need one for over 6 weeks, should be enough time.

Then to apply for the tourist visa once I got the new passport and the real planning can get started!

---

Regarding Tasmania:
No way I could drive, other side of the road and I'll like want to drink beer a lot.
No busses going in between cities and stuff?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Cool, thanks!

Will head to the police tomorrow to update my passport to a new one, no planned trips where I need one for over 6 weeks, should be enough time.

Then to apply for the tourist visa once I got the new passport and the real planning can get started!

---

Regarding Tasmania:
No way I could drive, other side of the road and I'll like want to drink beer a lot.
No busses going in between cities and stuff?

My guess: taxis.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
OK, booked!
Fly Gothenburg - Frankfurt July 7, depart Frankfurt again same evening
Land Singapore July 8

Stay that night and one full day in Singapore, get into the time zone some, and see a new country for the price of two hotel nights =)

Depart Singapore July 10, land that afternoon in Sydney

Fly back home from Sydney morning of August 11

Sweet!