Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Ok, metalway is abusing now. New confirmations are:

TWISTED SISTER
PARADISELOST
CHILDREN OF BODOM
GOTTHARD

I will be disappointed if Wacken doesn't bring most of these bands into the bandwagon. Disappointed especially Spain is a lot closer than Germany :rolleyes:

Holy hell...this must be a joke, man??!! Look at that and compare it to Wacken..if I didn't know the price of Wacken-ticket, but of the Metalway-ticket, I'd guess it's less than 50€.

Chaosweaver

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Aug. 2007
SB
100 €
Wacken 130 €

The Metalway biling is awesome, wish I could go there. But Wacken will also upgrade..

Metal-Thor

6 März 2009
Valhalla, Iceland
I want to chime in on this.

What is partially bugging me is that one of the biggest and most respected metal festivals in the world, the truly legendary Wacken festival, isn't going after Mastodon and Lamb of God, not to say the least Metallica, that are touring together around this time in Europe. I couldn't care less for Metallica, but Mastodon and LoG have yet to make an appearance at Wacken (as far as I know), and everyone knows how much these bands are appreciated by the average metal fan these days. Mastodon are really truly great and have been making a firm mark on the metal scene for the last 5 years or so.

It bugs me that they wouldn't go after these two bands when they are so close... finally...

Of course, this is personal taste, but I try to look beyond that and look at the status of these two bands...

Metal-Thor

6 März 2009
Valhalla, Iceland
Also, I posted this in another thread, but it is more at home here:

I've been to Wacken every year since 2004 and I love Wacken. However I don't think anybody can refute the fact that Hellfest is surely kicking Wacken's butt in terms of line-up. I really don't understand why there is no word from the organisation regarding a further line-up and why the biggest and most famous non-mainstream heavy metal festival is taking a sure backseat to a relatively young festival that has confirmed so many big names for their festival.

Could it be that they are sitting comfortably idle now that the festival is sold out and they don't *really* have to book any more big name bands? Not that I'm saying that they would, I am totally not (they are really cool people), but I just can't help but think they are coming off as lazy or something. I don't think they have been this slow in announcing their lineup in years, and other festivals, especially Hellfest, are railroading them in terms of creating juicy well balanced line-ups.

Wacken has confirmed to date 31 bands! Around this time for the past few years this has been the number of bands confirmed:

March 3 2008, 57 bands!
March 7 2007, 56 bands!
March 7 2006, 36 bands
March 3 2005, 39 bands

So this year is the slowest year in terms of confirmation in at least 4 years (I didn't look further back).

oh yeah, Hellfest has confirmed its final line-up. These are the bands playing, :

ABORTED
ADAGIO
ADX
ALL SHALL PERISH
AMEBIX
AMON AMARTH
ANTHRAX
ASPHYX
AUGUST BURNS RED
AURA NOIR
BACKFIRE
BACKYARD BABIES
BETRAYED
BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
BLOCKHEADS
BLOODCLOT
BRING ME THE HORIZON
BRUTAL TRUTH
BUCKCHERRY
BUSINESS
CATHEDRAL
COALESCE
CRADLE OF FILTH
DAGOBA
DEICIDE
DESPISED ICON
DESTROYER 666
DESTRUCTION
DEVILDRIVER
DOWN
DRAGONFORCE
DREAM THEATER
EDGUY
ELECTRIC WIZARD
ENSLAVED
ENTOMBED
EPICA
EUROPE
EYEHATEGOD
GAMABOMB
GIRLSCHOOL
GOD FORBID
GOJIRA
GORGOROTH
GRAND MAGUS
HACRIDE
HATEBREED
HEAVEN & HELL
HEAVEN SHALL BURN
HOLYHELL
IMMOLATION
JARBOE
KATAKLYSM
KEEP OF KALESSIN
KICKBACK
KILLING JOKE
KMFDM
KORITNI
KYLESA
MACHINE HEAD
MAD SIN
MANOWAR
MARILYN MANSON
MASTODON
MELECHESH
MISERY INDEX
MISFITS
MOONSORROW
MOONSPELL
MÖTLEY CRÜE
NACHTMYSTIUM
NAPALM DEATH
NASHVILLE PUSSY
ORAKLE
ORANGE GOBLIN
OUTLAW ORDER
PAIN
PAIN OF SALVATION
PAPA ROACH
PARKWAY DRIVE
PENTAGRAM
PESTILENCE
PIG DESTROYER
PROVIDENCE
QUEENSRYCHE
SACRED REICH
SATAN JOKERS
SKINLESS
SLAPSHOT
SOILENT GREEN
SOULFLY
SQUEELER
STRATOVARIUS
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
TAAKE
TERROR
TORCHE
TREPALIUM
UFOMAMMUT
VADER
VISION OF DISORDER
VOIVOD
VOLBEAT
W.A.S.P.
WATERTANK
WHITECHAPEL
WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM

A total of 107 bands... and the funny thing is that most of the big names on Wacken are also playing Hellfest...

Chaosweaver

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Aug. 2007
SB
-Hellfest is held 6 Weeks earlier.
-I've said enough bout Hellfest in another thread (in german i think), but I think this is important: I read, in the past 3 years, the bands have gotten shorter slots there then they would have gotten in Wacken. They have TOO much bands there.
-What about Metalway (Spain) and Gods of Metal (Italy). NEver heard of these two before and they're not or not much inferior to Hellfest this year. They don't even have international websites. Metalway has some awesome bands. I don'T think its possible that every young festival gets such a lot of great bands, and Wacken doesen't. This would be a shame and maybe their end, I dont believe it will, but we'll have to see.

Summoned

14 Nov. 2008
POLAND
www.myspace.com
too much hardcore bands...

it is sad but metal is dying my friends. there is no oldschool anymore. modern metal, emometal, hardcore and others styles are on the top.

but even metal will go to underground, metal will not die at all.

all nowadays shit-metal bands can suck. oldschool is this part of metal which created it at all. not shity metalicca, iron maiden or bullet for my valentine. oldchool death metal is what the metal means

\m/