Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
But.. it is soo expensive! Doens't seem right to use the status they have and to push it that way.. After a while I was ready to pay the €130 and everything that comes with it but then it is sold out.. yeah great!
But now I know that I won't be able to go anyway..
130 euros is nothing compare to our expanses. We have to buy tickets for a plain, rent a car, rent hotels for the days we won't be at Wacken. My usual expenses for such trip are around 1200-1400 euros.

Northern Death

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Mai 2004
Dlm am Wildpferd
hairniteout.blogspot.de
We are group of approximately 50 people, huge Wacken fans. I'm personally a Wacken resident since 2002. But this year something happened to the organization of the fest. It's freaking 20th anniversary and yet I see almost no major acts, very few interesting bands!
It's like "we already sold out, so we can bring any crappy bands we want - they'll buy it" attitude. People are already willing to sell their Wacken tickets on the web in order to go to another festivals: Metal camp, Summer breeze, Hellfest. What is wrong with you, people? Are you trying intentionally to get rid of the fans and kill this legend called Wacken?
Think fast because you have bunch of pissed off customers over here.
it definately is the worst line-up ever. But as Quark said you can save your money for METAL festivals and even get more money for the ticket than you paid for it! ;)

baci

24 Aug. 2007
Hamburg
in my opinion its definately one of the best lineups ever (besides of 2007) :D

and you say heaven & hell, motörhead, in flames, hammerfall, machine head are no "major" (metal) bands? (the billing is at 30% now)

Rick

2 Sep. 2008
Dude, you got me totally wrong. I don't think one lousy cheese band like Blow Up my Cocklentain will ruin the fest. Actually I was talking about lack of good attractive acts. Check out previous years: Slayer, Hypocrisy, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Immortal, Emperor - this is what I'm talking about. And this year the only big acts are Machine Head and Testament.

OK, I know what you mean... But this is your opinion. Other say they love to see the old Bands like Heaven & Hell, UFO, Saxon, Motörhead, Doro, U.D.O...
I would say (impartial??) in the current billing are already more big acts. Not only Machine Head and Testament, also Amon Amarth, In Flames, Hammerfall, Motörhead, In Extremo, of course Heaven & Hell and maybe UFO too.

BUT(!!!!!), I agree with your statement, there are many Bands from the Thrash/Black/Death-Corner missing, like Immortal, Cradle Of Filth, Finntroll, Wintersun, Legion of the Damned, Cannibal Corpse, of course Emperor and so on...

How can I say..... The billing is not bad or shitty, but not enough mixed. There are enough rock and melodic bands :D :D :D

L

Lord Soth

bad taste. Very simple.

1190969928.jpg

:o

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Yeah, great attitude, douchebag.
Met zo'n houding kom je de wereld wel door ja.
Mijn gottekes zeg! :(
Dude, you got me totally wrong. I don't think one lousy cheese band like Blow Up my Cocklentain will ruin the fest. Actually I was talking about lack of good attractive acts. Check out previous years: Slayer, Hypocrisy, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Immortal, Emperor - this is what I'm talking about. And this year the only big acts are Machine Head and Testament.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. MUSIC is an EVOLUTIONAL thing. Music changes every time, and cannot be "stuck" to the "good old days" like e.g. 10 - 20 years ago.

Look at Metallica for instance. Crappy band which used to be THE number one metal band!
The same goes for others.

Either you grow older, or the bands are younger, no matter, if you don't like it, remain home! And save the money!

En nu schei'k d'r mee af.

Klorel4

10 Juli 2007
summer-nights.at

Line Up unter anderen

KREATOR
ARCH ENEMY
SATYRICON
SODOM
KATAKLYSM
WINTERSUN
BEHEMOTH
ENSIFERUM
LEGION OF THE DAMNED
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
BELPHEGOR
SONIC SYNDICATE
ELUVEITIE
EQUILIBRIUM
ABORTED
EISREGEN
ENDSTILLE
GRAVEWORM
KEEP OF KALESSIN
EXCREMENTORY GRINDFUCKERS

Ticket 59 Euro

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
summer-nights.at

Line Up unter anderen

KREATOR
ARCH ENEMY
SATYRICON
SODOM
KATAKLYSM
WINTERSUN
BEHEMOTH
ENSIFERUM
LEGION OF THE DAMNED
BELPHEGOR
SONIC SYNDICATE
ELUVEITIE
EQUILIBRIUM
ABORTED
EISREGEN
ENDSTILLE
GRAVEWORM
KEEP OF KALESSIN

Ticket 59 Euro
Maaaaan.... Why can't Wacken be like this?

Eine

3 Dez. 2008
130 euros is nothing compare to our expanses. We have to buy tickets for a plain, rent a car, rent hotels for the days we won't be at Wacken. My usual expenses for such trip are around 1200-1400 euros.

I say ready to pay the €130 and everything that comes with it.

Even for me living in Germany it is expensive to get to Wacken and get all the beer and food. I would have to rent a car, too since I don't have one and all my roommates who would have come with me don't have one either.

And why aren't you staing in Wacken? You can't compare nothing to the camping at Wacken.

Prophecy

29 Okt. 2008
Maaaaan.... Why can't Wacken be like this?

haha true every band of this lineup is a killer, for that price???
hard to beat.

And my two favortiete bands (Kataklysm and DAR) are there ;(

but i dont think the wacken lineup is shitty (up to now) its just too expensive

Medusa

13 Okt. 2008
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. MUSIC is an EVOLUTIONAL thing. Music changes every time, and cannot be "stuck" to the "good old days" like e.g. 10 - 20 years ago.

Well, I think you are a bit clueless. There are a LOT of great new metal bands. For example... Eluveitie, or Swallow the Sun. That evolutional process is not the problem, the question is, if you think we have to accept that crappy childish bands like BFMV or Callejon on Wacken, just because music evolves (according to you) in that direction, maybe it's you who should remain at home in order to save us from your bad taste.:D

This is the 20'th anniversary, and you really can't do better? Heaven & Hell is great, Napalm Death is also great, and a few more bands too.
But it really seems most of the bands in Wacken are the remains from the other europe fests.

MrHellRaiser

1 März 2004
Holon, Israel
Website besuchen
when people say they want big bands, they don't mean - "Machine Head and Testament, also Amon Amarth, In Flames, Hammerfall, Motörhead, In Extremo, of course Heaven & Hell and maybe UFO too."

for example in the hellfest in france you already have Manowar, wasp, deicide, pestilence, seicred reich, entombed, kataklyzm .... and the ticket is 119 euros only...

I've been arranging groups of over 60-70 people to come from israel for a few years now, and I am a big wacken fan myself, and this year, people are really disappointed. from the way it looks now, i'm not sure i will be able to arrange a large group of people for the next year, and it's really sad.

~~

Eine - Astrum meant he would need a hotel for the time when he is not in Wacken, as in before and after the festival. During it he would be staying on the camping, you can be sure of that. The camping is the only thing which people are not complaining about.

Dextro

11 Feb. 2009
summer-nights.at

Line Up unter anderen

KREATOR
ARCH ENEMY
SATYRICON
SODOM
KATAKLYSM
WINTERSUN
BEHEMOTH
ENSIFERUM
LEGION OF THE DAMNED
BELPHEGOR
SONIC SYNDICATE
ELUVEITIE
EQUILIBRIUM
ABORTED
EISREGEN
ENDSTILLE
GRAVEWORM
KEEP OF KALESSIN

Ticket 59 Euro

Hm. This is not a good Line-up. Good bands of course. but you can see this bands so often on normal concerts or indoor festivals.. i want to see bands on wacken who arent every-day-bands..