Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
FYI, I have been going to Wacken for 11 years now, and not for the lineup! I couldn't care less who's coming.
What I care about is the amount of people who are going there and behave like full idiots there, just because they think they're in Wacken, and everything is possible.
When you live one hour of driving away - why not? When you live five hour of flight away and good (not huge) metal events happening in your country once half a year - you will care about line up.

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
Well, I think you are a bit clueless. There are a LOT of great new metal bands. For example... Eluveitie, or Swallow the Sun. That evolutional process is not the problem, the question is, if you think we have to accept that crappy childish bands like BFMV or Callejon on Wacken, just because music evolves (according to you) in that direction, maybe it's you who should remain at home in order to save us from your bad taste.:D

Totally dig Eluveite and STS. I'm very open minded about music and totally accept new stuff. I have no problem combining Dio and All Shall Perish in one fest. Everything goes if it's talented and well played. But this time - the only bands I haven't seen yet and willing to see: Walls of Jericho, Einherjer and Testament. Too few. Waiting for stuff like Kataklyzm, Down, Lamb of God.

Lord Tholen

6 Mai 2005
so far:

ridiculously shitty line-up!! enough said!

30 bands so far and ONLY ONE death metal band (napalm death)??? What the fuck????!!
it has even become some kind of stupid joke for me and my friends to enter the woa-page every day only to find an even shittier band announced than the day before!
Fuck!! can't wait to find bands like corpse, fetus, deicide, nile, vital remains, deeds fo flesh, morbid angel, misery index etc. on the billing!

Guallamalla

19 Aug. 2008
Cheydinhal
so far:

30 bands so far and ONLY ONE death metal band (napalm death)??? What the fuck????!!
it has even become some kind of stupid joke for me and my friends to enter the woa-page every day only to find an even shittier band announced than the day before!
Fuck!! can't wait to find bands like corpse, fetus, deicide, nile, vital remains, deeds fo flesh, morbid angel, misery index etc. on the billing!

So what? I also would like more Death Metal, but we don't even have half of the billing. It is far to early to complain and nag, it doesn't make any sense. Go have a beer an chill until June, we'll know better then...

Es ist manchmal echt zum haareraufen...

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
When you live one hour of driving away - why not? When you live five hour of flight away and good (not huge) metal events happening in your country once half a year - you will care about line up.

Er, I don't live "around the corner" either. It takes me 8-10hrs by train to get there, so... same problem as you do, maybe in a smaller perspective, but nevertheless.....

But it's for me almost the only occasion to see many of my (forum) friends there.

Medusa

13 Okt. 2008
Er, I don't live "around the corner" either. It takes me 8-10hrs by train to get there, so... same problem as you do, maybe in a smaller perspective, but nevertheless.....

But it's for me almost the only occasion to see many of my (forum) friends there.

We don't have the same perspective about the fest, that's all. I have to take a flight to Berlin, take a train to Hambourg, and a bus to Itzehoe. It takes me... well, a week? I don't even know anybody from this forum, so it's easy to understand that we expect different things from WOA. I go there to see good bands, that's not a weird point of view, is it? ;)

Prophecy

29 Okt. 2008
so far:

Napalm Death is Deathmetal?? I doesn't knew that so far...
But I also hope on Bands like CC, Vital Remains or morbid Angel ^^

Northern Death

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Mai 2004
Dlm am Wildpferd
hairniteout.blogspot.de
Da haste recht... viele von meinen freunden die mitfahren regen sich die ganze zeit auf... "andere festivals kosten weniger und haben bessere bands" "blablabla,etc" aber ich sag denen immer, dass erst die Hälfte des billings bekannt ist und dass es WACKEN ist.....

WACKEN!!!!!

\m/
du kannst also nicht gescheit argumentieren - soso. :rolleyes:

Prophecy

29 Okt. 2008
Da haste recht... viele von meinen freunden die mitfahren regen sich die ganze zeit auf... "andere festivals kosten weniger und haben bessere bands" "blablabla,etc" aber ich sag denen immer, dass erst die Hälfte des billings bekannt ist und dass es WACKEN ist.....

WACKEN!!!!!

\m/

Klar, "weil es Wacken ist." ist doch kein Argument :rolleyes:
obwohl ich das Lineup bisher echt nicht schlecht finde, (siehe Signatur^^)
fehlen noch einige Death und Black Bands außerdem hoffe ich, dass da noch was an Thrash kommt, Testament sind zwar übelst geil und Whiplash sind auch net schlecht aber das ist bisher etwas mager.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
We don't have the same perspective about the fest, that's all. I have to take a flight to Berlin, take a train to Hambourg, and a bus to Itzehoe. It takes me... well, a week? I don't even know anybody from this forum, so it's easy to understand that we expect different things from WOA. I go there to see good bands, that's not a weird point of view, is it? ;)

No, it is not!
And as you state, if you don't know anybody there, it's ok to look at the line up.
But if it does not suit you, then I wouldn't care about making the trip.