Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Hail & Grill

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Aug. 2008
Metallien/Provinz Power
Bigger names = mainstream which means.. wacken wont be wacken anymore!

Na, c´mon. For 130€ you can DEMAND a briliant lineup. This years lineup don´t failed at "big" names(just taking a look at the billing and you see that many famous bands play this year).
The lineup simply failed at the mix. Well, for me that is no problem since I listen most power/heavy. But hey, others expected big names in all generes. We can say: "Hey, you payed for something you didn´t know.", but on the other hand it wasn´t far fetched that this anniversary might be awesome at all generes.

In a way I can understand the trolls. But the trolling is annoying(and most times just dumb). I just hope everybody learned the lesson and only buys a ticket if he knows whats comming. I bought my ticket in may(for 130€) - it´s allways possible to get one.

For the future:
Only buy a ticket when you knew and like the lineup and everything is fine.

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
Na, c´mon. For 130€ you can DEMAND a briliant lineup. This years lineup don´t failed at "big" names(just taking a look at the billing and you see that many famous bands play this year).
The lineup simply failed at the mix. Well, for me that is no problem since I listen most power/heavy. But hey, others expected big names in all generes. We can say: "Hey, you payed for something you didn´t know.", but on the other hand it wasn´t far fetched that this anniversary might be awesome at all generes.

In a way I can understand the trolls. But the trolling is annoying(and most times just dumb). I just hope everybody learned the lesson and only buys a ticket if he knows whats comming. I bought my ticket in may(for 130€) - it´s allways possible to get one.

For the future:

I think maybe you misunderstood what my post meant! :p

I was refererring to mainstream bigger names ie the idea of slipknot and SOAD headlining at wacken which was mentioned. Wacken's line up I think is fantastic as always! I bought ticket without knowing the line up yeh, like i have the last 3years an I will do the same next year. The line ups always good admitedly not much heavy stuff but i'm more into power metal too, although I do love black metal.

So i meant modern famous names mainstream in USA/UK etc I think europe has a much broader range of bigger named bands

Jordan

25 März 2009
In a way I can understand the trolls. But the trolling is annoying(and most times just dumb).
No, trolling is like sex : it's boring only if it's not done the proper way ;) :D
I bought my ticket in may(for 130€) - it´s allways possible to get one.
Well that was possible because the line-up isn't exceptionnal.
This is why it is really difficult : if you wait until you know the line-up and it's a killer one, it becomes very difficult to get a ticket. If AC/DC (for example) had been booked, as rumored, do you really think you would have get a 130€ ticket that easily ? I don't think so.
For the future:
And also : WOA is no more THE biggest metal festival in the world, just a good one among so many other ! :D

wrayn

16 Juni 2009
This lineup is definetly no match for the one Last year.

Of course there are people who like this lineup and as much as i would like to see more (good) death/black metal i can also accept that that`s not everybodys oppinion.

But for example last year there were a lot of Bands i didn`t want to see too. But none where i thought "OH MY GOD.. THEY? IN WACKEN?" .. but this year? Bullet for my Vallentine? Thats... Radio stuff... at best...

So it`s not only that there aren`t many good bands i realy would love to hear, but also there are many shit Bands i wouldn`t hear if i would get the tickets for free.

So for a normal Line up.. maybe. But für a 20th anniversary, this is just poor.

Goresoaked

17 Apr. 2009
Yeah some ppl say that Wacken offers a chance for new bands and has different and new Genres in the Line up, but you can't excuse for Bullet for my Valentine or Bring me the horizon, no really.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Funnily every time I hear the bards song it reminds me of Wacken! I think it was so good being in the crowd and everyone singing along to it like they did in 2007 that its gonna be a permanent wacken hymn! lol

TheOmen

15 Mai 2007
Emsbüren
woooow magic tits ...
at least you're eyes are satisfied is the music is shit

TZTZTZTZZZZZ
Jen hat ne Klasse Stimme, ist eine geile Gitarristin und verdient JEDEN Respect!

wrayn

16 Juni 2009
LOL

i just took a look at the Camping grounds aggain and i had to notice:

Most of the Streets are named after realy nice Bands. We have a Slayer street... a grave digger Gasse .-..a cannibal corpse street.. a BODOM boulevard.

Do you notice a pattern here?

We dont have a Doro lane.. or a Bullet for my Vallentine Avenue (well, at least not to much of stuff like the Onkel Tom line).

And that`s good. But when you name the majority of your Streets after real nice and mostly very hard Metal Bands. Why do you get a lineup like this to your aniversary? Has the taste of the orgas changed that much over the years?

And also: Slayer to wacken rocks is a punch in the face of Wacken fans....