Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
good news : a french band has self-confirmed !!

BAD news : it's eths : http://www.myspace.com/eths

fuck shit. they so many good french bands, why take this crap ?... :o

edit : alright, maybe not "so many", but at least a few decent french bans (gojira, not to mention)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
lol, seems my wild theory was true after all. :D

Looooooooool I think you might be right mate!!!

Also about that french band who've confirmed.... they are awful I jus checked them out... more whiney EMO for wacken... I was just talking to my GF I'm starting to like the look of Download Festival again more this year even if it is mainstream! Its also heavy on the emo, but you expect that over here, when I buy a ticket to the worlds greatest "metal" festival I dont expect a load of emo bands on the bill!

I'd be happy if they just announced some more metal... anytime soon is fine!!! :p

HSling

23 Nov. 2007
Hey, I couldnt agree more.
Yes, there are some decent bands like Running wild, AA, Motörhead and Heaven and Hell

But seriously? This is it? I really miss some real headliners plus some more "real" metal-bands (as a death/thrash fan i feel really disappointed right now).
I can't help the feeling, that they don't care about the lineup anymore since it's sold out anyways.
I think this is a a progress into the wrong direction. People should buy festival-tickets after they see the lineup and not be "forced" to buy them as long as they are still available and then receive a shitty lineup (because as I remember it this is - with like 33% of the bands but only 90 days to go - one of the slowest announcements ever!). This development raises the amount of tickets at the "black market", which shouldn't be in the interest of the organizers after all.

So please next time: Either don't sell the tickets until you have a decent percentage of the lineup ready or else announce it earlier!

And for now: Give us some decent metal since we paid 130€, this is an outrage!

Jordan

25 März 2009
Hey, I couldnt agree more.
Yes, there are some decent bands like Running wild, AA, Motörhead and Heaven and Hell

But seriously? This is it? I really miss some real headliners plus some more "real" metal-bands (as a death/thrash fan i feel really disappointed right now).
I can't help the feeling, that they don't care about the lineup anymore since it's sold out anyways.
I think this is a a progress into the wrong direction. People should buy festival-tickets after they see the lineup and not be "forced" to buy them as long as they are still available and then receive a shitty lineup (because as I remember it this is - with like 33% of the bands but only 90 days to go - one of the slowest announcements ever!). This development raises the amount of tickets at the "black market", which shouldn't be in the interest of the organizers after all.

So please next time: Either don't sell the tickets until you have a decent percentage of the lineup ready or else announce it earlier!

And for now: Give us some decent metal since we paid 130€, this is an outrage!
agree.

and still wondering why the line-up is not revealed.

Jordan

25 März 2009
listened to recent In Flames stuff (after all, they are presented as an headliner).

God, that's awful :(
Kinda nu-metal sounding shit.

Their 90s stuff sounded way better (while not being extraordinary as well)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
listened to recent In Flames stuff (after all, they are presented as an headliner).

God, that's awful :(
Kinda nu-metal sounding shit.

Their 90s stuff sounded way better (while not being extraordinary as well)

I suppose the none extraordinary sound and the current god awfulness is why they have done so well in their careers?! :p

Though i admit some of the more recent stuff wasn't great 1-2 good tracks then all fillers.... older albums where far superior!

Jordan

25 März 2009
I suppose the none extraordinary sound and the current god awfulness is why they have done so well in their careers?! :p

Though i admit some of the more recent stuff wasn't great 1-2 good tracks then all fillers.... older albums where far superior!
That's it : they did some good stuff back in the 90s but their recent work doesn't seem that good. but having a strong fan-base helps getting booked as headliners.